2nd Albuquerque police shooting in 3 days renews call for Fed probe [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Albuquerque police shooting in 3 days renews call for Fed probe

TBO
03-25-2012, 14:57
2nd Albuquerque police shooting in 3 days sparks renewed calls for federal probe

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/2nd-albuquerque-police-shooting-in-3-days-sparks-renewed-calls-for-federal-probe/2012/03/22/gIQAkTeVUS_story.html

jtull7
03-25-2012, 15:43
From everything that I can tell, there are a lot of people in ABQ that need shooting.

ABQ is a very strange place. It has all the problems of a big city, but non of the amenities. Lots of gangs, poverty, drugs, transvestite street hookers. Few good restaurants, very little art or culture.

I have lived in Santa Fe for 20 years, and though ABQ is only an hour's drive away, I have not one time just gone there for the afternoon. Obviously, I have had to go there for work or to the airport. But, that's it.

snerd
03-25-2012, 15:49
From everything that I can tell, there are a lot of people in ABQ that need shooting.....
LOL!

http://honda-tech.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=247344&stc=1&d=1324611339

Bren
03-25-2012, 16:03
Let's see, the latest guys was killed at the end of a pursuit that started when the drug dealer with a history of domestic violence pulled his car over and began shooting at his wife...what could have happened to make that arrest go bad? :upeyes:

Before that, a poor defenseless gang member kept trying to run over a cop after his tires were shot. I'll bet the paper had a picture of him in his prom tux. :upeyes:

Siounds like ABQ has a lot of "activists" that need shooting too.

Paul7
03-25-2012, 20:36
From everything that I can tell, there are a lot of people in ABQ that need shooting.

ABQ is a very strange place. It has all the problems of a big city, but non of the amenities. Lots of gangs, poverty, drugs, transvestite street hookers. Few good restaurants, very little art or culture.

I have lived in Santa Fe for 20 years, and though ABQ is only an hour's drive away, I have not one time just gone there for the afternoon. Obviously, I have had to go there for work or to the airport. But, that's it.

There is no shortage of crime in Santa Fe, and a liberal mind-set that shelters illegals to go with it. I never saw so many Obama stickers as before the '08 elections in Santa Fe. Albuquerque has crime, but nothing like Chicago where I came from, they had 47 people shot a couple weekends ago, and you can't carry there.

US News & World Report disagrees with you about our town:

http://money.usnews.com/money/personal-finance/real-estate/articles/2009/06/08/best-places-to-live-2009

I like our Republican mayor.

janice6
03-25-2012, 20:51
Last time I was there the memorable comment was: "The Rio Grande is pretty close".

(and, don't go there)

Free Radical
03-25-2012, 21:25

ABQ is a very dangerous place. You won't find it on any list of America's most dangerous cities, but from personal experience I can tell you the place scares the hell out of me.

Sporaticus
03-25-2012, 21:40

I don't mind a little shooting, as long as the right people get shot.

Paul7
03-25-2012, 22:16
Last time I was there the memorable comment was: "The Rio Grande is pretty close".

(and, don't go there)

People either get NM or they don't. You either think there's nothing here or you think it's one of the last unspoiled places in the US. I know we get more people moving here from other states than Minnesota does. I've lived in the upper Midwest, and you can have it.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-11-29-Mobility_N.htm

birda40
03-25-2012, 22:27
Never been there but always thought it was a nice place, sounds like a Chicago suburb.

IGotIt
03-25-2012, 22:46
Typical knee jerk reaction, sugar coat the criminal action and then blame the police.

Big Mad Dawg
03-25-2012, 23:56
Sounds like the police doing a great job. I applaud them for taking out the trash and going home safe to their families at the end of their shift.

Thank you officers and I hope you continue to do a great job and stay safe.

nursetim
03-26-2012, 00:52
I agree with our esteemed counselor. There are a lot of scrotes in dire need of lead infusion.
Santa Fe is not that much better. Maybe has better eating joints but that is about it.

MedicOni
03-26-2012, 01:14
This whole state has lots of people that need shot. I do find it amusing that ABQ has lots of news articles about OIS, but the county I work in (I live and work my 2nd FT job in ABQ) has more OIS than ABQ tends to. Yay for rural NM.

DonGlock26
03-26-2012, 07:25
Progressives destabilize society with their social policies and then cluck their tongues, when the police have to deal with it.

_

ArtificialGrape
03-26-2012, 08:15
I travel to Albuquerque periodically and stay in the Uptown area which I like well enough -- they even have a Chipotle now :)

Glockdude1
03-26-2012, 08:40
Typical knee jerk reaction, sugar coat the criminal action and then blame the police.

:agree:

Bren
03-26-2012, 09:31
Progressives destabilize society with their social policies and then cluck their tongues, when the police have to deal with it.

_

That's about the size of it.