Ak or ar? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ak or ar?

glockin-45
03-26-2012, 20:47
Mas, Thanks for all you do. I highly respect your advise. In a shtf situation. and i live rural not in the city, which do you prefer or is it just personal preferance. I have a nice Arsenal AK. But i know most all LEO prefer an AR. I'm not trying to compare apples to oranges, i'm just sorta drinkin the AR kool-aid (always wantin what i don't have) and wonder which you prefer. I choose an AK, for the reliability and ease of maintanance. And yes if your wondering i do have others. 12ga, Glock&1911 45's etc. This is not my only home defence weapon. And i would think it's use for out on the property. Thanks, for any imput.:wavey:

Mas Ayoob
03-27-2012, 13:05
Depends on the scenario. The AR platform gives you way more options for optics, it seems, and has less recoil. Lets you keep your distance, which is always good, and engage multiples more rapidly. Advantage: AR.

In a scenario where you might be looking at armed bandits ensconced in vehicles, 7.62X39 is a better choice just from the ballistics and tactical penetration standpoint. As with rolling around in the mud...Advantage: AK.

When in doubt, get one of each...it's the American way!

best,
Mas

glockin-45
03-27-2012, 19:59
Mas, Thanks for your reply. The way our economy is going, i'm just glad i have what i do. ( and legaly too!) Take care!