Fl cc advice [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fl cc advice

Gnflorida
03-27-2012, 21:09
I recently had my first child, the day we came home from the hospital I picked up my g19 I had on layaway. Money is tight right now and I can't afford the Cwp. I was wondering what the best way if any to carry in a vehicle while still having reasonable access to the weapon. Also if I was *caught* with the firearm would there be any leanince given the situation? This would purely be to protect my family in an extreme situation I want to stress this and I am very familiar with the carry laws and when using my weapon would be justifible.* if I had the Ccp* thank you for your advice guys.

ScottieG59
03-27-2012, 21:19
This is a bad way to get free legal advice. Maybe you should check with your state Attorney General's office for an authoritative answer.

svtpwnz
03-28-2012, 09:35
I recently had my first child, the day we came home from the hospital I picked up my g19 I had on layaway. Money is tight right now and I can't afford the Cwp. I was wondering what the best way if any to carry in a vehicle while still having reasonable access to the weapon. Also if I was *caught* with the firearm would there be any leanince given the situation? This would purely be to protect my family in an extreme situation I want to stress this and I am very familiar with the carry laws and when using my weapon would be justifible.* if I had the Ccp* thank you for your advice guys.

I know full well of how tight money is right now, but I would highly suggest getting your CCW license. They don't cost alot to obtain and are easy to pass. Heck, do a little side work to help pay for it if need be. Good luck!

Gnflorida
03-28-2012, 11:31
Yea I was just wondering I'd there was a legal way to have it in the car for now atleast but I'm basically getting ( from more than just here at GT ) that it could be a touchy situation and just not worth it. Thanks a lot guys.

FLA45fan
03-28-2012, 11:54
Fl law states securely encased - this means a bag or box, something that is zipped, snapped, latched, etc.. A zippered pouch that is right next to you on the seat would be ok or even in the console or glove box, as long as it is closed. If you have to retrieve your registration and insurance out of these, and your weapon is inside, it becomes "not securely encased." keep the gun in a pouch and you should be good to go. Also get Jon Gutmacher's book on Florida gun laws - he is considered to be the formost expert on FL gun laws.

ModGlock17
03-28-2012, 21:38
What FLA45fan said is correct.

I understand that FL law allows you to carry a weapon in your vehicle to/from a gun range, your place of business. You are allowed to have handguns without license at home (your own property) or in a business that you own (ex. retail store) with the purpose of defending yourself.

I strongly suggest that you take a course in CCW, thereby getting a certificate then use it for a CCW license. The course is usually several hours. Ask the instructor(s) all the carry issues you want, at a minimum.

I would also suggest that you shoot hundreds of rounds to get intimately familiar with the gun and how it feels and how it shoots. Know its weakness and yours. If you plan to fondle with the gun at home, take out the ammo and put them in another room !

FL law allows you to defend yourself when you reasonably feel threatened that your life, or others would be harmed. Key word is "threatened". "stand your ground" means you have no duty to retreat if you are threatened in either your home, vehicle, or place of business (your own). Take the class and consult your instructor.