One more for the good guys! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : One more for the good guys!

svtpwnz
03-28-2012, 06:03
Guy gets out of his car and is robbed at gunpoint while his daughter is in the car. BG gets shot during the robbery by his victim.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=shooting%20north%20charleston%20sc&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCIQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.abcnews4.com%2Fstory%2F17269477%2Fems-1-transported-to-musc-after-otranto-rd-shooting&ei=pvtyT5D6Cc_pgAfp88kq&usg=AFQjCNEM5QAcZeBjm8UqGIwkrohWtA1fiw

slickt0mmy
03-28-2012, 08:16
He the (suspect) hits the victim, he turns to walk away. The victim at that time reaches into his vehicle. He has a weapon. He fires a shot at the suspect.

I'm not familiar with NC law, but do you think this part is going to trip him up, since the BG was walking away?
Regardless, I'm glad the good guy is ok.
Also, finally a news story that reports the victim as being "the victim"!! :wow:

svtpwnz
03-28-2012, 08:21
I'm not familiar with NC law, but do you think this part is going to trip him up, since the BG was walking away?
Regardless, I'm glad the good guy is ok.
Also, finally a news story that reports the victim as being "the victim"!! :wow:

I was thinking of that also but it said there were others that were involved with the robbery. As to where they were standing and what actions they took in all of this is unclear. The article is not written very well to begin with, but you are correct and I hope this doesn't come back to bite the victim in the ass. This took place just a few miles where I live and we do have Castle docterine here in SC. I am not sure if that will play a roll or not as he was at home but not in the house and his daughter was still in the car.

Gunnut 45/454
03-28-2012, 16:56
slickt0mmy
So the BG was walking away - armed how far does hes have to be away from you not to be a deadly threat? I say good shoot! Who's to say the BG doesn't turn around and shoot the victims to prevent them being witnesses? Are you willing to take that chance the BG's has your safety in mind!:faint:

slickt0mmy
03-28-2012, 17:23
slickt0mmy
So the BG was walking away - armed how far does hes have to be away from you not to be a deadly threat? I say good shoot! Who's to say the BG doesn't turn around and shoot the victims to prevent them being witnesses? Are you willing to take that chance the BG's has your safety in mind!:faint:

Am I? Not at all. But will a jury? Maybe.
I agree that it's a good shoot. But if there's going to be something that comes back to bite him in the rear, it's going to be that.