Democrat Congresswoman: Arrest Zimmerman ‘For His Own Safety’ [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Democrat Congresswoman: Arrest Zimmerman ‘For His Own Safety’

snerd
03-28-2012, 09:51
These are our elected representatives, the people that run our country. It's a veiled threat, nothing short. How have we fallen so far as a country of Laws, that our politicians are calling the shots in police matters from their bully pulpits in Washington?! It is disgusting, disgraceful, and there should be ethics charges filed on each one of them who dare to try to influence this case in any way.

At a Congressional forum on the Hill yesterday at which killed Florida teenager Trayvon Martin’s parents were asked to testify, Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-FL) took center stage. She claimed first that Martin had been victimized by racial profiling and a “botched police investigation.” But she went even further: George Zimmerman, the shooter in the case, she said, should be arrested “immediately for his own safety.”

This has become a rallying cry for other members of the left. Michael Eric Dyson, professor of sociology at Georgetown University, said on MSNBC several days ago that Zimmerman should be “for his own safety, let’s just go to the ultimate extreme, for your safety, Mr. Zimmerman, because people may want to execute vigilante justice against you, we want to protect you, we want to put you in jail, we want to put you under cover of the law. Nothing is reasonable here to suggest that Mr. Zimmerman should continue to go free.”http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/03/28/Democratic-Congresswoman-Arrest-Zimmerman

Ruble Noon
03-28-2012, 09:53
Half of GTPI agree.

snerd
03-28-2012, 10:01
Half of GTPI agree.
Yeah, and half of Congress has no idea what due process means either.

Gundude
03-28-2012, 10:12
Yeah, and half of Congress has no idea what due process means either.
In 2001 it was around 85%:The [Patriot] Act was passed in the House by 357 to 66 (of 435) and in the Senate by 98 to 1 and was supported by members of both the Republican and Democratic parties.You think it's gotten that much better since then?

aircarver
03-28-2012, 11:01
How about: Arrest the Black Panthers for everybody's safety ? ....

callihan_44
03-28-2012, 11:09
How about: Arrest the Black Panthers for everybody's safety ? ....

no kidding! also throw in spike lee and the other person that tweeted the wrong address and put the older couple in harms way :steamed:

snerd
03-28-2012, 11:44
In 2001 it was around 85%:You think it's gotten that much better since then?
You're preaching to the choir.

Fred Hansen
03-28-2012, 11:50
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/theticket/rush-cspan-hoodie.jpg

Deployment Solu
03-28-2012, 11:58
Michael Eric Dyson, professor of sociology at Georgetown University, said on MSNBC several days ago that Zimmerman should be “for his own safety, let’s just go to the ultimate extreme, for your safety, Mr. Zimmerman, because people may want to execute vigilante justice against you.

I don't know....:headscratch:...looks like he took pretty good care of himself the first time around...:whistling:

Dragoon44
03-28-2012, 12:30
Maybe the Congresswoman should be arrested for the safety of the American public.

JFrame
03-28-2012, 12:38
Congress is becoming somewhat less credible, and more replete with a bizarre and overacting cast of characters, than World Wrestling Entertainment.

ICARRY2
03-28-2012, 12:49
I suppose Zimmermann should also be held without bond for his own safety too. :upeyes:

Ruggles
03-28-2012, 12:54
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/theticket/rush-cspan-hoodie.jpg

Now that is pandering to his voters :rofl:

LASTRESORT20
03-28-2012, 12:57
Maybe the Congresswoman should be arrested for the safety of the American public.

This ^^^

Fred Hansen
03-28-2012, 13:01
Michael Eric Dyson, professor of sociology at Georgetown University, said on MSNBC several days ago that Zimmerman should be “for his own safety, let’s just go to the ultimate extreme, for your safety, Mr. Zimmerman, because people may want to execute vigilante justice against you.

I don't know....:headscratch:...looks like he took pretty good care of himself the first time around...:whistling:Let's review:

Wise Latino Democrat 1

Misunderstood Hoodie Playa 0

Yep. :thumbsup:

cowboywannabe
03-28-2012, 13:23
i understand why obama got involved with the "he might be my son (but the dna tests arent back yet)".... but why hasnt sotomayor and ginsberg chimed in since the victim of the assault is one of their own?

JFrame
03-28-2012, 13:32
i understand why obama got involved with the "he might be my son (but the dna tests arent back yet)".... but why hasnt sotomayor and ginsberg chimed in since the victim of the assault is one of their own?

"It does not fit the narrative." ;)

coastal4974
03-28-2012, 14:27
If Obama had a son, he would look like Bobby Rush

cowboywannabe
03-28-2012, 14:50
Now that is pandering to his voters :rofl:

what a clown, but he does know how to dupe his constituants.:rofl:

samurairabbi
03-28-2012, 15:08
Rep. Wilson should review American history. Prominent members of her own demographic grouping were once "arrested" to "protect them from retribution" by those who expressed threats against them.

QNman
03-28-2012, 16:19
Congress is becoming somewhat less credible, and more replete with a bizarre and overacting cast of characters, than World Wrestling Entertainment.

True, except with the WWE, the violence and hatred is fake.

Gunnut 45/454
03-28-2012, 17:43
Naw I think we should take up a ammo donation for Zimmerman so he can defend himself from the Lefty vigilantes! What he shooting 9mm ? I'll go buy a couple boxes at wally world to send to him!:supergrin:

JFrame
03-28-2012, 17:54
True, except with the WWE, the violence and hatred is fake.

Very true -- a noteworthy distinction! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/good3.gif

Kingarthurhk
03-28-2012, 18:27

I guess if liberal politicans were locked up for their own safety, the idiot at the Safeway in Arizona wouldn't have a target for his insanity?