Deep Concealment [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Deep Concealment

CarryTexas
03-28-2012, 11:13
I am interested in a carry method for my G27. This method would be for those times when my attire doesn't permit me to carry in my preferred OWB.

I am '6 2" about 220. The method I am looking for would need to be effective while wearing business causal dress. I have investigated ankle hosters and so far that seems to be the best option.

Please share your experiences of what works and what doesn't in business causal (Dockers & button up shirt)

Thanks!

4Rules
03-28-2012, 11:42
MTAC Holster Review cont.

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxuXeH15m1o&feature=related>

sr975j
03-28-2012, 11:43
depending on your build, you may be able to pull off front pocket carry with a slim holster. or try the remora. if you will not be having a jacket on, this is the only holster on the market (that i know of) that does not have the clips hanging over your belt which are a dead giveaway that you are carrying. ankle carry would be a good option too like you said. although you wont be able to get to it as quickly as you could if it was IWB, having a gun on your ankle is better than not having one at all.

Sam

CarryTexas
03-28-2012, 13:44
A tuckable holster isn't going to work. I have a MTAC, it's a great holster, but not going to work for me in this case.

Does anyone have experience with a smart carry or something like that? Speed of access isn't my biggest priority in this case. I just would like the pistol on me and it needs to be somewhat comfortable.

TSAX
03-28-2012, 14:13
Galco Ankle Glove

:50cal:

EAJuggalo
03-28-2012, 16:33
I'm the same size and an MTAC works for me carrying a G21SF. Short of that possibly an Appendix holster?

Tiro Fijo
03-28-2012, 16:54
Ankle holsters are worthless UNLESS:

1. you are Bruce Lee and can draw standing on one leg

2. you are in a car all day or seated

With a loaded G27 hanging on an ankle you will feel awkward. OWB & IWB are far better.

4Rules
03-28-2012, 16:55
Two other things to consider are the gun-pocket-undershirt and the gun-pocket-belly-band.

<http://www.kramerleather.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=65&categoryID=21>

<http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Shirts/Undergear-Shirts/Holster-Shirt.html>

<http://bellybandccw.com/>

robhic
03-28-2012, 17:12
I have a SmartCarry and after you get over having a loaded pistol pointed at your ... ahem ... "assets", it works well. Now, I haven't used it with dress clothes. I got it because I wear mainly elastic waistband pants with a drawstring. The SC has its own velcro belt so support without a belt is a factor in its favor.

Check this out: http://concealed-carry-purse.tactipac.com/2011/09/15/fusionpac/

It is like a Kydex Smart Carry except you wear it at the 3:00 position or wherever. I like the FusionPac and if I hadn't bought 2 Remoras, I prolly woulda gotten one of these bad boys. :supergrin:

jtull7
03-28-2012, 17:15
As opposed to Shallow Concealment? Or maybe Baby-Pool Concealment?

ijacek
03-28-2012, 17:34
Take a look at High Noon Holsters IWB tuckable selection.

EL COLONEL
03-28-2012, 18:53
Kramer #3 IWB.... :wavey:

DannyII
03-28-2012, 18:58
No experience with the smart carry, but in the long, long ago, I used to carry a Colt Mustang in a homemade version - army web belt with a mod-ed Uncle Mike's attached to it. Worked really well for concealment, but I only carried without one in the chamber on the single action Colt.

I do carry my 26/27 in a Galco ankle glove sometimes. After a couple of days of wearing it in a row, it really is pretty comfortable. It will feel odd at first though. I'v had it for years, and not one person has ever noticed it. I get that draw isn't very fast, but at least I have it on me, and not at home. A buddy of mine that also carreid in an ankle holster used to joke that I could always fake a heart attack, and draw it once I was on the ground. LOL

I also have an MTAC, and I think that the clips and lump is still pretty noticable even tucked - IMHO.

Rustin
03-28-2012, 19:10
You're definitely going to want to check out Kangaroo carry. Deep concealment.com looks promising. Trust me, you'll be glad you went to Kangaroo carry even if you have no desire to purchase the product.:cool:

toshbar
03-28-2012, 19:53
I have a CTAC and carry my 23(bigger than 27) everywhere. the only part that shows are the clips. No one has asked about them yet, but I have my answer pre-thought of so I'm not mouth open trying to think one up.

Insulin pump. I'm not even diabetic, but no one needs to know that.

dustbusterplus
03-28-2012, 22:15
While I prefer IWB carry, I have a Galco Ankle Glove for when I need that extra concealment. It takes some getting used to but, I prefer it when driving across the greatest state, Texas. If you get an ankle holster, I'd say definitely get the calf support strap to keep it from sliding down too low.

ithaca_deerslayer
03-29-2012, 12:07
You're definitely going to want to check out Kangaroo carry. Deep concealment.com looks promising. Trust me, you'll be glad you went to Kangaroo carry even if you have no desire to purchase the product.:cool:

Yeah, that's what I figured :)

http://www.kangaroocarry.com/

Looks like a good option for women to consider, more so than for men. They are more likely to have the proper overhang up there for which the grip of the gun can be concealed.

HarleyGuy
03-29-2012, 12:38
While I prefer IWB carry, I have a Galco Ankle Glove for when I need that extra concealment. It takes some getting used to but, I prefer it when driving across the greatest state, Texas. If you get an ankle holster, I'd say definitely get the calf support strap to keep it from sliding down too low.

Does an ankle holster make your ankle/leg sweat in hot weather?

DannyII
03-29-2012, 12:42
Does an ankle holster make your ankle/leg sweat in hot weather?

Well, it does make it warmer, but I don't notice any more actual sweat caused by it.

+1 on the calf strap to hold it up.

KentuckyPatriot
03-29-2012, 13:25
Yeah, that's what I figured :)

http://www.kangaroocarry.com/

Looks like a good option for women to consider, more so than for men. They are more likely to have the proper overhang up there for which the grip of the gun can be concealed.

A second on this company. Permanently stitch your button to the outside portion of your shirt and add a couple velcro (or better yet neodymium magnets) to the area where the buttons would have been. Easy access when you need it, concealment when you don't.

I would also suggest something other than a white shirt if you can get away with it as in certain lighting you will be able to see the outline of the holster....otherwise all is good.

dustbusterplus
03-29-2012, 16:48
I don't usually carry much in the heat with an ankle holster since I prefer shorts when it's hot outside. But I have never noticed any more sweating with an ankle holster than without it.

Warp
03-29-2012, 17:08
Smartcarry. Sometimes an ankle holster will do it.

1smoothredneck
03-31-2012, 07:13
Never used kangaroo carry, but lots of miles with a belly band. I like them for time like you r describing. I like 'em lower then kangaroo carry or most belly band ads show, though.Good luck. p.s. I have used one a lot with my G27, fwiw.

DScottHewitt
03-31-2012, 11:17
I am interested in a carry method for my G27. This method would be for those times when my attire doesn't permit me to carry in my preferred OWB.

I am '6 2" about 220. The method I am looking for would need to be effective while wearing business causal dress. I have investigated ankle hosters and so far that seems to be the best option.

Please share your experiences of what works and what doesn't in business causal (Dockers & button up shirt)

Thanks!

My BUBUG is a NAA mini-revolver between my cheeks. But a G26 might sting a little when you sit down. Until you get used to it.