CCW Debat???? Help!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CCW Debat???? Help!!!

chrisbritt15
03-29-2012, 08:11
I currently own a glock 35 and really like .40 caliber. I have good shot placement with it and can have good follow up shots. Im going to take my ccw glass soon, and wasnt really for sure what to get, i have been considering a couple differnent guns and models like the 23 or the 23c. And i was even thinking maybe the sub compact glock 27. Any advice would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

Mas Ayoob
03-29-2012, 08:46
Makes sense to stay with the same basic platform. Any of the Glocks you mention will feed the G35's magazines, and manual of arms is identical, with the exception that with the 23C you want to avoid "speed rock" or "protected gun position" shooting techniques, since they can blast hot gas and debris upward through the recoil compensation cuts toward your face and eyes.

Either flavor of 23 will be a bit easier to conceal than your G35, and the 27, a lot easier; the Baby Glocks are very amenable to horizontal shoulder holster carry, for instance, and lots of folks wear them in ankle holsters daily. Best bet is to try one of each and see which best suits your particular needs. I'd leave whichever you buy with a "street trigger," not the 4.5 lb target trigger that comes with the G35.

Best,
Mas

chrisbritt15
03-29-2012, 09:17
yeah I believe the first thing i will do is get the 23 for easier inside the waist carry. then get the 27 for an back up on an ankle holster. And you brought up a good point, i belive ill carry my 35 mag for back up magazine. 15 is a little better than 13 when compared to the 23 mag. lol