Dems Warn Of ‘Grave Damage’ To SCOTUS If ‘Obamacare’ Is Struck Down [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dems Warn Of ‘Grave Damage’ To SCOTUS If ‘Obamacare’ Is Struck Down

snerd
03-29-2012, 16:15
Isn't this the clown that lied about his military service?

“This court would not only have to stretch, it would have to abandon and completely overrule a lot of modern precedent, which would do grave damage to this court, in its credibility and power,” said Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D), a former attorney general of Connecticut. “The court commands no armies, it has no money; it depends for its power on its credibility. The only reason people obey it is because it has that credibility. And the court risks grave damage if it strikes down a statute of this magnitude and importance, and stretches so dramatically and drastically to do it.”

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/03/dems-warn-of-grave-damage-to-scotus-if-obamacare-is-struck-down.php

snerd
03-29-2012, 16:17
And is this some kind of "threat" to the SCOTUS? Is he going to send the armies after it if the law is struck down as unconstitutional?

coastal4974
03-29-2012, 17:23
Yep, a lot of talk of credibility coming from a known liar.

Gunnut 45/454
03-29-2012, 18:00
This means the Dumocrats see the writing on the wall the Grand Obamacare is done ! I pray daily that the SCOTUS sees the truth behind the lie of Obamacare!:supergrin:

Gunnut 45/454
03-29-2012, 18:14
This means the Dumocrats see the writing on the wall the Grand Obamacare is done ! I pray daily that the SCOTUS sees the truth behind the lie of Obamacare!:supergrin:

BL33D 4 M3
03-29-2012, 18:31
This means the Dumocrats see the writing on the wall the Grand Obamacare is done ! I pray daily that the SCOTUS sees the truth behind the lie(S) of Obamacare!:supergrin:

Minor correction.

03-29-2012, 19:01
http://images.publicradio.org/content/2010/03/21/20100321_pelosi_gavel_33.jpg

Javelin
03-29-2012, 19:18

Bunch of thugs.

jdavionic
03-29-2012, 19:30
Kind of hard to intimidate people that have a lifetime appointment. Poor dems...is that their only tactic?

Rodman24
03-29-2012, 19:42
Kind of hard to intimidate people that have a lifetime appointment. Poor dems...is that their only tactic?

Two words: drone attack

juggy4711
03-29-2012, 20:20
The SCotUS damaged itself with the Kelo decision. After that I don't see how anyone can trust them to be just or rule constitutionally regardless of the composition, or which party appointed any given justice.

Fred Hansen
03-29-2012, 20:39
The SCotUS damaged itself with the Kelo decision. After that I don't see how anyone can trust them to be just or rule constitutionally regardless of the composition, or which party appointed any given justice.:agree:

G29Reload
03-29-2012, 20:56

I despised her for this more than anything. Bad enough to produce a largely reviled piece of legislation, but then rubbing it in.

I can't wait to see everything it stood for destroyed in front of her. Her signature piece of debauchery. And Kennedy's last gasp…can't wait to see it destroyed. We must have the last laugh...

aircarver
03-29-2012, 21:23
What goes around is about to come around....

JFrame
03-30-2012, 06:38
I despised her for this more than anything. Bad enough to produce a largely reviled piece of legislation, but then rubbing it in.

I can't wait to see everything it stood for destroyed in front of her. Her signature piece of debauchery. And Kennedy's last gasp…can't wait to see it destroyed. We must have the last laugh...

Yeah -- that was a totally in-your-face end zone dance that included peeing on the opposing team's logo.

It would be poetic justice to have the TD called back for a penalty.

Cavalry Doc
03-30-2012, 06:45
We've already had grave damage. Kagan and Sotomayor.

Might want to consider that in November. Especially if you also remember Harriet Miers.

JFrame
03-30-2012, 06:53

Might want to consider that in November. Especially if you also remember Harriet Miers.

Indeed -- we are always one "iffy" vote away from complete big government tyranny.

robertoh
03-30-2012, 07:11
The Democrats are in a real panic over this. Even if the Manditory part of ObamaCare is cut,that alone will kill the law alone because that is were the money is supposed to come from to fund ObamaCare. Why do you think the Democrats wrote the law that you would be fined if you didn't participate in it?

aircarver
03-30-2012, 07:29

I'm still up for pursuing 'eligibility' as a way of removing them.

It will, of course, depend on the political horsepower we provide in November.

Cavalry Doc
03-30-2012, 07:44
I'm still up for pursuing 'eligibility' as a way of removing them.

It will, of course, depend on the political horsepower we provide in November.

You have to have proof for that to work. Personally, I think he was born in Hawaii. He may have cheated the system paying for his education, and there may have been some odd things with his passport, but neither of those things would hit the mark. Keep digging though, the more that is known about Barry in November, the better.

HexHead
03-30-2012, 07:59
The Democrats are in a real panic over this. Even if the Manditory part of ObamaCare is cut,that alone will kill the law alone because that is were the money is supposed to come from to fund ObamaCare. Why do you think the Democrats wrote the law that you would be fined if you didn't participate in it?

According to something Scalia said, as far as severability is concerned, the court's standard will be whether Congress would have passed the bill at all if it didn't contain the mandate. That's assuming they strike down the mandate, of course.

Since the mandate was the centerpiece of the legislation, of course they wouldn't have.