Local 17 year old shot 8 times after pulling gun on cop [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Local 17 year old shot 8 times after pulling gun on cop

svtpwnz
03-30-2012, 06:45
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=pringle%20north%20charleston%20shot%208%20times&source=web&cd=3&sqi=2&ved=0CDAQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.abcnews4.com%2Fstory%2F17279390%2Ffamily-teen-shot-by-officer%3Fclienttype%3Dprintable&ei=Uqh1T-zZHYGy8ASPq4STBA&usg=AFQjCNGSBK8ukqDR_3j1bgNg8kRh4ohqPw

Call made to 911 after gun shots heard by resident. Arriving officer sees someone matching description and stops to question suspect. Suspect then runs and draws weapon at officer and the officer responds by shooting this idiot 8 times. Now the NAACP and this punks family are saying it was an excessive use of force and he was a choir/alter boy with no record. REALLY!!!!!:steamed: WTF was a 17 year old doing carrying a gun on the streets to begin with?

Dukeboy01
03-30-2012, 07:03
You play a man's game, you reap a man's reward...

WoodenPlank
03-30-2012, 07:06
You play a man's game, you reap a man's reward...

I prefer "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

Sent from the USS Sulaco, while nuking the site from orbit.

svtpwnz
03-30-2012, 07:15
http://www.943wsc.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=124237&article=9972146

Video of the shooting above. I listen to alot of talk radio and we have some pretty decent morning talk stations here. Some of these morons calling in baffle the **** out of me siding with the NAACP and Pringle family on how the cop should have only shot him once or twice or after he went down. I just don't get it. If I am an officer and you draw a weapon on me, I would think that it is justifiable to shoot and continue to shoot until the suspect surrenders with his hands clear of any weapon and where I can see them.

CitizenOfDreams
03-30-2012, 07:17
The police acted stupidly. Shooting him 7 times would have been perfectly enough.

itstime
03-30-2012, 07:17
Was the whole fily on the street with him? How can family members say what he did or didn't do?

If I were on the streets at 17 with a gun and police were involved and I was shot 8 times, my parents would be asking the officer that looks like a big gun it only holds 8.

I just don't get people anymore.

Zeroskillet
03-30-2012, 08:05
http://www.943wsc.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=124237&article=9972146

Video of the shooting above. I listen to alot of talk radio and we have some pretty decent morning talk stations here. Some of these morons calling in baffle the **** out of me siding with the NAACP and Pringle family on how the cop should have only shot him once or twice or after he went down. I just don't get it. If I am an officer and you draw a weapon on me, I would think that it is justifiable to shoot and continue to shoot until the suspect surrenders with his hands clear of any weapon and where I can see them.
Dude you can't think much of those peoples opinion, those are the same people that will say something like "The cop should have shot him in the legs or maybe even the hand! Why kill the suspect!" Hollywood I tell you...

G26AZ
03-30-2012, 08:34
Maybe the officer had a 1911 that only held 8 shots? (haven't watched video yet...)

mingaa
03-30-2012, 08:46
Sounds like a lawyer pumping the family. The same or similar words follow incidents like this SO often. Interesting twist is their darling boy is alive (lucky?) and will be up on some very serious charges and faces a trial. Good luck with the "Boy Scout" pose once in the system - gotta try him as an adult he obviously thinks he's the man!

svtpwnz
03-30-2012, 08:53
Sounds like a lawyer pumping the family. The same or similar words follow incidents like this SO often. Interesting twist is their darling boy is alive (lucky?) and will be up on some very serious charges and faces a trial. Good luck with the "Boy Scout" pose once in the system - gotta try him as an adult he obviously thinks he's the man!

I was shocked as hell when they said he survived and was in serious condition. Getting shot 8 times is a whole lot of leakin. :rofl:

mingaa
03-30-2012, 08:57
Yeah I did a double take on that before I posted my last comment. Tells you a lot about shot placement and a moving target. I wonder what the LEO was shooting.

bear62
03-30-2012, 09:07
Was the officer using a BB gun?? How is it that this boy is still alive???????:faint:

cowboy1964
03-30-2012, 09:10
North Charleston carries 45 ACP?

allegro
03-30-2012, 11:05
North Charleston carries 45 ACP?
Then this idiot is Superman in that he can survive 8 shots with a .45

bear62
03-30-2012, 11:29

Hard to believe........ (Do I sense an internal GT caliber war about the start?...:rofl:)

Rumbler_G20
03-30-2012, 11:44
I am unaware of any agency who does not train to shoot until the threat is ended. Were I, I would suggest they change their policy for the purpose of increasing the life expectancy of their personnel.

It is simply the smart thing to do.

That those not smart find that objectionable . . . . don't need policy changed to accommodate them. They need education.

Simple stuff.:dunno:

hankthetank
03-30-2012, 12:08
I love how the NAACP jumps in the second one of thoes sweet, innocent african americans got what he or she deserved. They do not even know what happened and they have the balls to say the cop was in the wrong. That kid and his muva and fava should be happy he didnt get one to the head after 8 shots. One more thing, how is it ok for the Black Panthers to openly say they want to find this Zimmerman guy and " serve him justice" ? I would like to see how quick the NAACP would jump in when the KKK wants to serve one of "their people" justice for shooting a white guy.

Spiffums
03-30-2012, 12:49
So much for the stopping power of a 45 if 8 rounds can't put down a skinny urban yute!

svtpwnz
03-30-2012, 13:45

X1BILLION! It's amazing he survived and he is now in stable condition I believe.

Hard to believe........ (Do I sense an internal GT caliber war about the start?...:rofl:)

Well if it was a G29, 1 shot certainly would have been all that was needed. :whistling:

I love how the NAACP jumps in the second one of thoes sweet, innocent african americans got what he or she deserved. They do not even know what happened and they have the balls to say the cop was in the wrong. That kid and his muva and fava should be happy he didnt get one to the head after 8 shots. One more thing, how is it ok for the Black Panthers to openly say they want to find this Zimmerman guy and " serve him justice" ? I would like to see how quick the NAACP would jump in when the KKK wants to serve one of "their people" justice for shooting a white guy.

:agree: The families comments earlier.

"He's stable right now," his aunt said. "He's stable and with God's help he's going to stay stable."

The family member would not comment further on Pringle's status, but said she and the rest of his family are outraged over the tape and the police officer's actions.

"I think this was a major injustice on behave of the police department because of the excessive force that was used against my nephew," she said.

AMAZING! I guess the officer should have given him a time out after having a gun pointed at him.

So much for the stopping power of a 45 if 8 rounds can't put down a skinny urban yute!

He has got to be the luckiest basterd on the planet!

hamster
03-30-2012, 13:53
Should have used .357 Sig.

DannyII
03-30-2012, 14:57
17 year old carrying a gun = illegal
Running from the cop during questioning = illegal
Pullingand pointing gun at cop = felony level illegal

Cop shooting the above person until the threat was neutralized = good shoot.

Dooger
03-30-2012, 16:56
Was the cop trained by Ayoob or something? That's the best LE shooting I've heard of in a while.

twag4
03-30-2012, 17:02
You could see the kid continuing to try to rise up after shots fired. Keep fighting, keep getting shot. I have no problem with the cop. He did good. He shoulda shot to kill, woulda saved speculation on neutralizing the threat. First one to the chest followed quickly by a second. Then the head is next. If you don't want a cop to shoot you, dont point guns at him. Pretty simple concept even a child understands.

cowboy1964
03-30-2012, 17:15
Yet another example of why shootability and skill/confidence trumps everything else, as long as penetration is sufficient. More rounds on target means more chance of CNS hits and whatnot.

cowboy1964
03-30-2012, 17:20
He shoulda shot to kill, woulda saved speculation on neutralizing the threat. First one to the chest followed quickly by a second. Then the head is next.

Do any PDs in the country train in the Mozambique technique?

LongGoneDays
03-30-2012, 17:23
They done shot lil CJ down, shot him in the leg first, then they stood over him and shot him several more times.

LMAO

I'm moving to Utah, becoming governor, and building a huge ass fence around the state.

twag4
03-30-2012, 17:24
Do any PDs in the country train in the Mozambique technique?

I suppose I sound cruel, I hate to hear of any kid dying. But why should a cop have to justify a shooting when he had a gun pointed at him. He shouldn't have to miss a moment of his normal duty for this besides any hearings he has to attend.

HKLovingIT
03-30-2012, 17:45
Pro Tips: Don't run from the police and don't point guns at them. They don't like that. :faint:

Is that a Highpoint in the photo?

Love how the news video tries to make it sound like the officer was not justified by only quoting part of the deadly force policy or by implying it is not justified for the officer to defend his own life. Tards. Least that's the little slant I picked up. But then, I'm no fan of the Tee-Vee news.

oldman11
03-30-2012, 17:47
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=pringle%20north%20charleston%20shot%208%20times&source=web&cd=3&sqi=2&ved=0CDAQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.abcnews4.com%2Fstory%2F17279390%2Ffamily-teen-shot-by-officer%3Fclienttype%3Dprintable&ei=Uqh1T-zZHYGy8ASPq4STBA&usg=AFQjCNGSBK8ukqDR_3j1bgNg8kRh4ohqPw

Call made to 911 after gun shots heard by resident. Arriving officer sees someone matching description and stops to question suspect. Suspect then runs and draws weapon at officer and the officer responds by shooting this idiot 8 times. Now the NAACP and this punks family are saying it was an excessive use of force and he was a choir/alter boy with no record. REALLY!!!!!:steamed: WTF was a 17 year old doing carrying a gun on the streets to begin with?
When someone is shooting at you, there is no such thing as excessive force. I wonder if the NAACP really believes all their lies.

dpadams6
03-30-2012, 17:50

Total double standard in this country. White/black. Liberal/conservative. Good/bad

xmanhockey7
03-30-2012, 17:56
Why do cops need to shoot at people who point guns at them? They have bullet proof vests! /sarcasm

ijacek
03-30-2012, 17:56
Amazing how they are all outraged at the cop shooting the lil' CJ 8 times, but not once those mother$&@#€ ask what a 17 year old is doing out with a gun! Guess we need stricter gun laws, because that would stop guns from getting into our young ones hands!

LongGoneDays
03-30-2012, 18:00
Why do cops need to shoot at people who point guns at them? They have bullet proof vests! /sarcasm

Idk, I just get the feeling that thuggy citizens at least try for head shots more than police?

DonGlock26
03-30-2012, 18:01
The police acted stupidly. Shooting him 7 times would have been perfectly enough.

Marksmanship summit. :supergrin:

_________

TBO
03-30-2012, 18:19
Years back there were actually some replies to that effect. I kid you not!

Gunnut 45/454
03-30-2012, 18:29
Gee I'll put money on it that the cop looses his job cause he shot the poor black youth 8 times! Mostly likely have to serve some jail time as well! Of course the poor black youth will get a large settlement from the state/city and no jail time! It's Obama's justice system- probably get Holder to file some civil right's charges on top!:steamed:

TBO
03-30-2012, 18:30
Any skittles?

ignantmike
03-30-2012, 18:39
people never cease to amaze me.....:shocked:

Bruce M
03-30-2012, 19:07
Any skittles?

Too soon?? Too soon!! :rofl::rofl:

Ewalk
03-30-2012, 19:19
"by shooting this idiot 8 times?"
I am assuming that you are calling him an "Idiot" because he was carrying a Hi-point:rofl:.

After a simular shooting in our area a women wrote into the editorial section of our local paper and said, "If we are to believe the families of these "Victims" of police shootings, then we must come to the conclusion that the police are shooting and killing only the best and brightest that our society has to offer". This struck a cord with me, LOL, it is so true.

TexasFats
03-30-2012, 19:40
Li'l CJ got one heck of a lesson in the fact that, "Stupid games have stupid prizes."

Noots
03-30-2012, 19:57
Any skittles?

Too soon! I'm LOL'ing

svtpwnz
03-30-2012, 21:00
Gee I'll put money on it that the cop looses his job cause he shot the poor black youth 8 times! Mostly likely have to serve some jail time as well! Of course the poor black youth will get a large settlement from the state/city and no jail time! It's Obama's justice system- probably get Holder to file some civil right's charges on top!:steamed:

I don't think the officer will loose his job as this was without a doubt a good shoot but you never know. I know LIL CJ is gonna walk with a gimp for a long time tho. :rofl:

allegro
03-30-2012, 21:27
I don't think the officer will loose his job as this was without a doubt a good shoot but you never know. I know LIL CJ is gonna walk with a gimp for a long time tho. :rofl:

He may not have to deal with criminal court, but civil court may ruin him for sure.......think O J Simpson.

Hour13
03-30-2012, 22:01
1) Gunshots prompt 911 call.

2) Officer responding to "shots fired" call attempts to question person matching description.

3) This person pulls gun on the cop.

4) Cop fires on suspect till threat is neutralized. 1 shot or 50, inconsequential.

Umm... am I missing something here?

This officer kept his head, and responded exactly how he was trained to.
Kudos.

Tiro Fijo
03-30-2012, 23:02
This scumbag lawyer has gone to the family and told them to strike while the 'iron' is hot, i.e., Trayvon case publicity, in order to get money. Plain & simple.

xmanhockey7
03-31-2012, 01:31
Posted this on my FB and a liberal friend of mine is defending the boy. He says the cop did the same thing Zimmerman did to Martin.

RussP
03-31-2012, 07:01
I'm gonna ask a question: "What is the Carry Issues topic in this thread?"

:cool:

DustyJacket
03-31-2012, 07:21
The officer was an idiot.

He should have shot 9 times.

:)

Roger1079
03-31-2012, 07:54
17 year old carrying a gun = illegal
Running from the cop during questioning = illegal
Pullingand pointing gun at cop = felony level illegal

Cop shooting the above person until the threat was neutralized = good shoot.The shoot was definitely justified. My question is what on earth was wrong with the officers aim that this guy is alive after 8 rounds of any caliber? Aren't LEO's trained to shoot to kill if firing of a service weapon is deemed necessary?

Roger1079
03-31-2012, 07:57
"by shooting this idiot 8 times?"
I am assuming that you are calling him an "Idiot" because he was carrying a Hi-point:rofl:.

After a simular shooting in our area a women wrote into the editorial section of our local paper and said, "If we are to believe the families of these "Victims" of police shootings, then we must come to the conclusion that the police are shooting and killing only the best and brightest that our society has to offer". This struck a cord with me, LOL, it is so true.Come on.....the Hi-Point is the $149 glock equivalent. :rofl:

Warp
03-31-2012, 11:06
... One more thing, how is it ok for the Black Panthers to openly say they want to find this Zimmerman guy and " serve him justice" ? I would like to see how quick the NAACP would jump in when the KKK wants to serve one of "their people" justice for shooting a white guy.

It is PC for minorities to be racist.

TBO
03-31-2012, 11:33
The shoot was definitely justified. My question is what on earth was wrong with the officers aim that this guy is alive after 8 rounds of any caliber? Aren't LEO's trained to shoot to kill if firing of a service weapon is deemed necessary?
Is this a serious post?

Warp
03-31-2012, 11:41
The shoot was definitely justified. My question is what on earth was wrong with the officers aim that this guy is alive after 8 rounds of any caliber? Aren't LEO's trained to shoot to kill if firing of a service weapon is deemed necessary?

LEOs are not trained nor instructed to "shoot to kill".

Hitting a moving target is difficult.

Hitting your target while you are moving is difficult.

Handguns are weak and ineffective as a general rule.

Approximately 80% of those shot by handguns survive.

Add all of the above together and add a sprinkle of life or death adrenaline created by your target having a gun of his own.

Roger1079
03-31-2012, 12:22

Add all of the above together and add a sprinkle of life or death adrenaline created by your target having a gun of his own.Thank you for the answer. Not being a LEO myself makes it difficult to know what they are trained and not trained to do in that situation.

Sendarr
03-31-2012, 12:39
Martin: downed by one 9mm round from a pf9, this guy...8 rounds of .45 from a fullsized handgun and he's still around to commit more future crimes..lol

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Warp
03-31-2012, 13:03
Thank you for the answer. Not being a LEO myself makes it difficult to know what they are trained and not trained to do in that situation.

I'm not a LEO either, nor was I ever.

I did work for a LEA for a short time, but I was well aware of their (almost if not totally universally) training being to stop the threat, not to kill well before that.

svtpwnz
03-31-2012, 17:08

Interesting, I was unaware of the 80% survival rate.

Add all of the above together and add a sprinkle of life or death adrenaline created by your target having a gun of his own.

Martin: downed by one 9mm round from a pf9, this guy...8 rounds of .45 from a fullsized handgun and he's still around to commit more future crimes..lol

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Crazy as hell for sure. I am really curious as to what parts of his body were struck.

SCmasterblaster
03-31-2012, 17:12
Where exactly did the seven bullets hit the young man? In the arms/earlobes? Half the nember of bullets hitting center of mass would have killed the young criminal. The cops there need to practice or give up carrying guns.

Warp
03-31-2012, 17:13
Where exactly did the seven bullets hit the young man? In the arms/earlobes? Half the nember of bullets hitting center of mass would have killed the young criminal. The cops there need to practice or give up carrying guns.

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Also, please refrain from calling somebody out on their marksmanship because they shot somebody with a pistol but did not kill them. The officer's actions/shots did exactly what they needed to do: They stopped the threat.

Hour13
03-31-2012, 18:16
Maybe.

Maybe not.

Also, please refrain from calling somebody out on their marksmanship because they shot somebody with a pistol but did not kill them. The officer's actions/shots did exactly what they needed to do: They stopped the threat.

+10 bazillion.

As for the marksmanship? Feel free to correct me on this, I'm going on my somewhat shaky memory...

But I believe the average hit ratio in LE involved shootings falls somewhere in the neighborhood of 30%. An aggressive, moving target... while your system is suddenly FLOODED with adrenaline? Not quite the same as killing paper on a Sunday afternoon.

So, 8 hits. Assuming he emptied a 15+1 Glock, that puts him at 50%.

Damn fine IMO.

:wavey:

Warp
03-31-2012, 18:21
+10 bazillion.

As for the marksmanship? Feel free to correct me on this, I'm going on my somewhat shaky memory...

But I believe the average hit ratio in LE involved shootings falls somewhere in the neighborhood of 30%. An aggressive, moving target... while your system is suddenly FLOODED with adrenaline? Not quite the same as killing paper on a Sunday afternoon.

So, 8 hits. Assuming he emptied a 15+1 Glock, that puts him at 50%.

Damn fine IMO.

:wavey:

I believe it is 18-20%, not 30%

The hit ratio for LE and armed citizens seem to be about the same.

Hour13
03-31-2012, 18:50
I believe it is 18-20%, not 30%

The hit ratio for LE and armed citizens seem to be about the same.

Thanks bud, ya my memory ain't quite perfect, lol. If that's the average ratio, I'd say that was damn good shooting!

Gotta giggle every time I see a post like that. If you think you're gonna land every shot on a moving aggressor...

Hell, I enjoy a good action movie too, but the reality of it is something else entirely. I'm not LE or military, my closest comparison was being charged by a VERY pissed off hog.

But that was an eye-opener. It didn't weave or zig-zag, came straight towards me. And still, at least half my shots missed.
:shocked:

GT4494
03-31-2012, 18:52
The story gets better.

Seems like the Angelic young man who is in the choir and Ushers at his church, posted the pic of him and his gun on Facebook. His mother is saying she knew nothing about it and people are just trying to "tarnish" his image.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20120331/PC16/120339862/1006

Hour13
03-31-2012, 18:54
The story gets better.

Seems like the Angelic young man who is in the choir and Ushers at his church, posted the pic of him and his gun on Facebook. His mother is saying she knew nothing about it and people are just trying to "tarnish" his image.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20120331/PC16/120339862/1006

:animlol:

JimIsland
03-31-2012, 19:40
Jeesh...ashamed it's in my hometown. When you draw a handgun on a LE...black, white, green, whatever....you're fair game. If I was the ambulance driver, it would have taken at least 3 hours to get to the hospital.

HeliGlock
03-31-2012, 20:07
Should have Killed him. 2 in Chest, 1 in Head.