Homeland Security & TCE Buying 450 Million Hollowpoints [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Homeland Security & TCE Buying 450 Million Hollowpoints

maxsnafu
03-30-2012, 07:13
http://www.businessinsider.com/us-immigration-agents-are-loading-up-on-as-many-as-450-million-new-rounds-of-ammo-2012-3

Must be for use against Americans. I can't imagine them bothering illegal aliens.

aircarver
03-30-2012, 07:21
Two for every citizen eh ? ....:steamed:

John Rambo
03-30-2012, 07:33
Anyone starting to feel like we're in an arms race with our own government?

Cavalry Doc
03-30-2012, 07:35

Been buying my own at a slightly elevated pace for a while now.

JK-linux
03-30-2012, 07:38

aircarver
03-30-2012, 08:15
OOooooo- I know !-

It's an 'October Surprise'

Obamao will buy off gun owners to vote for him with 'free ammo' ....

:tongueout:

mj9mm
03-30-2012, 08:17
:wow:i hope i'm not too late:crying:
Anyway, high performance HST bullets (http://le.atk.com/general/federalproducts/pistol/tacticalhst.aspx) ,really, but against our enemies overseas we can only use FMJ. No Geneva Convention here. Atleast they are willing to shoot us with "New Bullets"

callihan_44
03-30-2012, 08:49

and to think we are paying for both sides.....

Kingarthurhk
03-30-2012, 08:53
This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Really? Think about it. How many law enforcement professionals are employed by them? Now, that you have considered that, consider the fact that most Law Enforcement entitities qualify once maybe twice a year. They do it four times a year.

Sheer unfounded paranoia.

Kingarthurhk
03-30-2012, 08:57
Also, the ammount of ammunition the military secures far outstrips this. I don't hear any bizarre theories about them.

Toyman
03-30-2012, 09:52
1. Repost many times over.

2. It's a maximum of 450 million rounds over 5 years.

3. That being said, I don't trust them anyway.

Kingarthurhk
03-30-2012, 10:12
1. Repost many times over.

2. It's a maximum of 450 million rounds over 5 years.

3. That being said, I don't trust them anyway.

Do you trust the military then? I guarantee you they have much better armament and a lot more ammo.

Big Mad Dawg
03-30-2012, 10:46
homeland security is not the Military not even close.

itstime
03-30-2012, 10:57
I wish they would hire me to get rid of it all

Rabid Rabbit
03-30-2012, 13:42
This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. Really? Think about it. How many law enforcement professionals are employed by them? Now, that you have considered that, consider the fact that most Law Enforcement entitities qualify once maybe twice a year. They do it four times a year.

I can confirm at least 60,000 I don't know if the coast guard is would be placing an order. Many of our agents shoot far more than quals. Heck the border guys carry at least six mag I've seen some with nine. When you tend to only carry a pistol and be by yourself quite often you tend to practice a lot. Besides the 450 million is a max, dhs is not obligated to buy that amount.

RWBlue
03-30-2012, 14:19

+ 1

Not to mention that I have seen some of these guys shoot. they would need a lot more ammo if they expected to take on American civilians in places like WV.

Kingarthurhk
03-30-2012, 15:42
+ 1

Not to mention that I have seen some of these guys shoot. they would need a lot more ammo if they expected to take on American civilians in places like WV.

LOL. Clearly you haven't met the U.S. Border Patrol. These are the guys that regularly outshoot all the other agencies in head to head competition.

Ruble Noon
03-30-2012, 16:27
Obama Civilian Security - YouTube

Kingarthurhk
03-30-2012, 16:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeuYrAn-fZc

Whoops.:wavey:

azatrox
03-30-2012, 17:54
LOL. Clearly you haven't met the U.S. Border Patrol. These are the guys that regularly outshoot all the other agencies in head to head competition.

Yet they armed Agent Terry, a member of their tactical team BORTAC, with bean bags.

humanguerrilla
03-30-2012, 19:04
What kind of load are they buying? More contract overrun federal HST wouldn't be bad news. I see where they bought a lot of 135gr Ranger for somebody.

kenpoprofessor
03-30-2012, 19:18

I can attest to that, one of my students is BP, and he outshoots everyone I know. In fact, we were out shooting a few weeks ago :cool:

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

G-19
03-30-2012, 20:14
http://www.businessinsider.com/us-immigration-agents-are-loading-up-on-as-many-as-450-million-new-rounds-of-ammo-2012-3

Must be for use against Americans. I can't imagine them bothering illegal aliens.

:crazy:

Cavalry Doc
03-31-2012, 07:00
Do you trust the military then? I guarantee you they have much better armament and a lot more ammo.

For the most part, yeah, I trust them. There are exceptions to everything though. The military is made up of a lot of different people, and some of them are not nice, but generally speaking, they are good guys.

DustyJacket
03-31-2012, 07:24
OOooooo- I know !-

It's an 'October Surprise'

Obamao will buy off gun owners to vote for him with 'free ammo' ....

:tongueout:

Then he better start buying some .45 and 9mm.......

aircarver
03-31-2012, 08:56
Then he better start buying some .45 and 9mm.......

Agree.... But I thought that was just me .......:supergrin:

Kingarthurhk
04-01-2012, 07:18
For the most part, yeah, I trust them. There are exceptions to everything though. The military is made up of a lot of different people, and some of them are not nice, but generally speaking, they are good guys.

They typically get better press anyway. My point? The folks that enforce martial law are the darlings. The guys that go after terrorists, remove illegal aliens, go after drug organizations, and protect the economy from an influx of counterfeit items are some how the bad guys?:dunno:

Cavalry Doc
04-01-2012, 08:33
They typically get better press anyway. My point? The folks that enforce martial law are the darlings. The guys that go after terrorists, remove illegal aliens, go after drug organizations, and protect the economy from an influx of counterfeit items are some how the bad guys?:dunno:

The day they suppress the people in the ways some imagine, I'll roundly condemn them. Until then, I think I'll give them a pass. Remember, every man is a potential rapist, murderer, and theif, but until they commit those crimes, they aren't the bad guys.

Yes, the military could do a lot of things, but they are also "us". Just about everyone of them has family that are civilians.

Kingarthurhk
04-01-2012, 11:56
The day they suppress the people in the ways some imagine, I'll roundly condemn them. Until then, I think I'll give them a pass. Remember, every man is a potential rapist, murderer, and theif, but until they commit those crimes, they aren't the bad guys.

Yes, the military could do a lot of things, but they are also "us". Just about everyone of them has family that are civilians.

And all those LEO's are also "us". Almost all of them have families, and put their lives on the line every day. And those folks also have plenty of family members that are "civilians".

They don't impose or enforce martial law, but people fear them, and not the folks that actually have the authority to do so.

It makes no sense.