I don't like that! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I don't like that!

okie
03-30-2012, 07:45
Have you ever not liked something but you never tried it? I was that way with Dr. Pepper and wheat bread, I would walk around saying that those two tasted like crap, but I had never even tried them. When I was in college I finally broke down and tried them and it was love at first taste on both.:rofl::rofl:

DScottHewitt
03-30-2012, 07:54
Have you ever not liked something but you never tried it? I was that way with Dr. Pepper and wheat bread, I would walk around saying that those two tasted like crap, but I had never even tried them. When I was in college I finally broke down and tried them and it was love at first taste on both.:rofl::rofl:

Uncle Frankie says to never say you don't like something you haven't tried. I tried several foods while staying with them that were pretty good.

digitalmike47
03-30-2012, 07:57
So what do you do? Do you pour the Dr. Pepper on the bread like a pancake, or do you dip your bread in the Dr. Pepper?

IndianaMatt
03-30-2012, 07:58
Guacamole.

I always thought it looked like puke and smelled like crap. But I dated a girl who was a guac fiend, I tried it, and now I love it.

cphilip
03-30-2012, 08:18
fried Chicken livers

Bill Keith
03-30-2012, 08:26
When I was younger, in my teens, I was very much against eating game meat. Later on, I fell in with a bunch of hunters who KNOW how to cook AND shoot! I always get some of the game meat, especially the past five years when I've been weak and doing poorly from fighting Leukemia. I have been able to do a little squirrel and dove hunting. I've just been told I'm in Cancer remission and a good pal in the San Antonio area has invited me to come over and shoot some feral hogs. We plan on taking several. There is a food shelter in that area that a local butcher puts up game meat for them. He's coming with us overnight with a refrigerated meat truck, AND his cousin who is a priest, and my friend who is a Baptist deacon and EMS. We'll pray over the animals and also for a good, safe hunt, and proceed to shootin:wavey: All prayers and good thoughts are welcome:faint:

okie
03-30-2012, 08:29
So what do you do? Do you pour the Dr. Pepper on the bread like a pancake, or do you dip your bread in the Dr. Pepper?

eat and drink'em separate:supergrin::rofl:

okie
03-30-2012, 08:31
When I was younger, in my teens, I was very much against eating game meat. Later on, I fell in with a bunch of hunters who KNOW how to cook AND shoot! I always get some of the game meat, especially the past five years when I've been weak and doing poorly from fighting Leukemia. I have been able to do a little squirrel and dove hunting. I've just been told I'm in Cancer remission and a good pal in the San Antonio area has invited me to come over and shoot some feral hogs. We plan on taking several. There is a food shelter in that area that a local butcher puts up game meat for them. He's coming with us overnight with a refrigerated meat truck, AND his cousin who is a priest, and my friend who is a Baptist deacon and EMS. We'll pray over the animals and also for a good, safe hunt, and proceed to shootin:wavey: All prayers and good thoughts are welcome:faint:
My thoughts will be with you my friend, I hope all will be well:angel:

DScottHewitt
03-30-2012, 08:58

Always pray for a safe hunt, and a good hunt.

Always thank your noble prey for giving its flesh to your nourishment and the nourishment of your family.

Dennis in MA
03-30-2012, 09:38
About 99% of what is on Andrew Zimmern's shows.

byf43
03-30-2012, 09:40
I didn't like Glock(s) when I first heard about them (and read about them).

Then, my local sportsman's club accepted the offer from GSSF to hold a match at our club.

We were loaned several Glocks. G17 and G21.
I thought they sounded like 'rubberband guns' when dry-fired.

Then, I shot both. :wow: Shoots very well!!
Now. . . look at my signature, and there's a couple more on the bucket list.:supergrin:

Dinky
03-30-2012, 09:46
Spotted Dick----Won't know if you like it till you try it.....:rofl:

I like it:tongueout:

okie
03-30-2012, 09:56
Spotted Dick----Won't know if you like it till you try it.....:rofl:

I like it:tongueout:

It's good stuff for sure, Dinky:eat:

Taipei Personality
03-30-2012, 11:13
I use this rationale on anti-gunners. If I meet someone who says they don't like guns, I always ask them if they've ever fired one. Usually, they'll say no. I then invite them to the range, my treat. The ones that agree, probably about 25% of them, are usually hooked before the first magazine from the .22 pistol is empty.

okie
03-30-2012, 11:18
I use this rationale on anti-gunners. If I meet someone who says they don't like guns, I always ask them if they've ever fired one. Usually, they'll say no. I then invite them to the range, my treat. The ones that agree, probably about 25% of them, are usually hooked before the first magazine from the .22 pistol is empty.

That's awesome my friend:thumbsup:

SC Tiger
03-30-2012, 11:33
I can think of a few things but don't want to get the thread locked.

One I will say though - liver. My dad won't eat it and I won't eat it. Same with chitlins. Pretty much any internal organ is on my do-not-eat list.

(and before someone mentions what's in cheap hamburgers and hot dogs, I already know)

Huaco Kid
03-30-2012, 11:39
Pibb rules.

Steel Head
03-30-2012, 11:39
That phase ended when I got into my 20's.
I'm not a picky eater anymore and like to try new things.
The foods I don't like I've tried at least once. :wavey:

BEER
03-30-2012, 11:45
nope, if i look at something and my brain or my stomach immediately rejects the idea of putting it in my mouth i figure there's probably a pretty good reason for it.

spinach is a perfect example. i don't like green vegetables to begin with but spinach is particulalrly repulsive to me, but i followed my mothers advice and tried it once to be sure. i haven't puked that much or that hard since the infamous "seawall balcony bender" incident of 2006. never again. from now on i'll just trust my brain/gut combo.

Kikon
03-30-2012, 11:47
Kidneys...... I can't even stand the smell of it! YUK!

okie
03-30-2012, 11:50
Pibb rules.

Yes it does. I wish they sold it here:supergrin:

jp3975
03-30-2012, 12:07
Mayo and pineapple.

I was right.

byf43
03-30-2012, 12:13
nope, if i look at something and my brain or my stomach immediately rejects the idea of putting it in my mouth i figure there's probably a pretty good reason for it.

Good rule.

For me - Liver. No way. No how.
I smell it cooking, and I'm leaving.

My Mom likes beef and/or pork brains. Fried. :puking:
There is no way on earth I'm eatin' that crap. :puking:

jtull7
03-30-2012, 12:16
So, Beer, do you have any muscles?

BEER
03-30-2012, 13:37
So, Beer, do you have any muscles?

well i sure like to think so. why do you ask?

southernshooter
03-30-2012, 14:55
Never really tried steamed or raw oysters. Just think I would not like them. Could be wrong.

Bruce H
03-30-2012, 16:36
I learned a long time ago that if one is a very choosey eater one can go hungry quite a bit. Some things might not be in the favorite category but they never killed me.

napp32
03-30-2012, 16:56
I learned a long time ago that if one is a very choosey eater one can go hungry quite a bit. Some things might not be in the favorite category but they never killed me.

That's kinda the way it was at my house as a kid. If my Mom put it on the table, I was required to taste it...no choice there. However, if I didn't like it, I was never required to eat it. I soon learned that some of the "not so great" stuff was preferable to being hungry.

Nestor
03-30-2012, 16:59
Have you ever not liked something but you never tried it?

I've seen people like this on the 1911 sub-forum lately :rofl:

okie
03-30-2012, 20:04
I didn't like Glock(s) when I first heard about them (and read about them).

Then, my local sportsman's club accepted the offer from GSSF to hold a match at our club.

We were loaned several Glocks. G17 and G21.
I thought they sounded like 'rubberband guns' when dry-fired.

Then, I shot both. :wow: Shoots very well!!
Now. . . look at my signature, and there's a couple more on the bucket list.:supergrin:

I was just the opposite, I liked them until I owned one, then not so much:supergrin:

okie
03-30-2012, 20:05
Never really tried steamed or raw oysters. Just think I would not like them. Could be wrong.

They are good my friend:supergrin:

Steel Head
03-30-2012, 20:23

Tried em-not in my likey list.

Breaded oysters made the list but then breaded anything is pretty much good to go:wavey:

sierrafast
03-30-2012, 21:30
Certainly, I did not like thick women until I met my wife.

jtull7
03-31-2012, 12:26
I was just funnin' ya. I grew up on Popeye cartoons, where if you didn't eat your spinach, you would have no muscles.

"I'm good to the finish
'Cause I eats my spinach.
I'm Popeye the Sailor Man!"

okie
03-31-2012, 12:30
I was just funnin' ya. I grew up on Popeye cartoons, where if you didn't eat your spinach, you would have no muscles.

"I'm good to the finish
'Cause I eats my spinach.
I'm Popeye the Sailor Man!"

I like fresh spinach, but out of the can not so much:supergrin:

Dinky
03-31-2012, 12:32
It's good stuff for sure, Dinky:eat:

Glad you liked it....:wavey:

okie
03-31-2012, 12:36
Glad you liked it....:wavey:

Thanks again my friend:supergrin::wavey:

zigzagg321
03-31-2012, 12:42
I stopped trying seafood because every time I would try it, it had the same underlying "fishy" taste that I don't enjoy. So... I never eat seafood... and will say I don't like the versions I have never tried. I feel like I've given seafood more than a fair chance to seafood over the years.