Draws gun over Pigeon's [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Draws gun over Pigeon's

grg3d
03-30-2012, 13:33
Ever seen something so stupid as this ?

Would this be considered banishing?

Bully Assaults Woman, Pulls Gun on Public Street - YouTube

Get down on the ground.....and when he didn't the guy didn't know what to do :upeyes:

itstime
03-30-2012, 13:58
What's the back-story on this? Pool police? Did I miss something?

svtpwnz
03-30-2012, 14:23

+1 what's the story behind this. Old timer that pulled the gun appeared to be a hothead and started the assult from what I could tell in the vid? Why was the couple chasing and taping this guy?

DannyII
03-30-2012, 14:42
Obviously, there's a whole lot of this story that we don't know.

But... what I saw was the camera car aggressively following the Blazer, despite the Blazer's repeated attempts to avoid the camera car. Any "duty to retreat" by the Blazer driver had clearly been satisfied.

Their "stated reason" for following him was to get the plate number, which they did at 0:56 seconds, but they kept following aggressively anyway. They were being the bullies at that point. I think it was really funny when the camera car driver, after chasing this person incessantly then tries to say the blazer guy was trying to intimidate them!

They were baiting him into reacting, and eventually got what they wanted, and a lot more than they bargained for.

Stupid people, doing stupid stuff, getting stupid results.

DannyII
03-30-2012, 14:46
Would this be considered banishing?

BTW - I think you meant brandishing, and not banishing. Not trying to flame you or anything. :steamed: Just sayin'. :whistling:

DannyII
03-30-2012, 14:50
We're seeing this sort of "baiting" stuff more & more these days.

Having been offended by someone somehow, and then chasing them with a camera in their face until they react is a "tool" thing to do. Period.

If you do this crap, and then get scared/your fanny kicked/shot... oh, well...sucks to be you. :crying:

Adjuster
03-30-2012, 15:15
Chase car guy should go to jail. Man with gun should not have touched woman/camera. Man with gun should have driven to the police station or been on the phone with cops. Man with gun was perfectly within his right to pull gun after being chased and struck by chase guy. I am also interested in what the heck this is all about. What is SHARK and what does a pool company have to do with it?

/

Adjuster
03-30-2012, 15:16
And what the heck is with the title of this thread???

/

HKLovingIT
03-30-2012, 16:32
The back story, I believe I am remembering correctly, is that the kids following the old guy were animal rights protestors following one of the guys who worked for a company, whose owner attends pigeon shoots. PETA. FTW!

When I was young, about 19, my friends and I were hunting pigeons on public land which happened to border a private corn field. As we were done for the day and walking back to our vehicles a young lady screeched up in her car with her boyfriend, jumped out and proceeded to claim ownership of said public land, told us how her father would have our butts, yelling at the top of her lungs, hunters can go to hell, claiming we were on her land, etc. etc.

We looked on in bemused silence which made her more livid. We told her to call the sheriff or the local warden, we would wait. Her boyfriend seemed to think better of this and finally got her back in the car and away they went. Nothing was going to happen at all from our end, it was kind of funny, but it's just not really smart to pop out of a car and start randomly screaming at a bunch of guys standing around with shotguns. Lucky it was us and not some cranky or drunk "good ole boys." Sheesh.

svtpwnz
03-30-2012, 16:41
Chase car guy should go to jail. Man with gun should not have touched woman/camera. Man with gun should have driven to the police station or been on the phone with cops. Man with gun was perfectly within his right to pull gun after being chased and struck by chase guy. I am also interested in what the heck this is all about. What is SHARK and what does a pool company have to do with it?

:agree: There is alot missing in this story. I heard the old timer say to his passenger "did you see him hit me" but I couldn't see it. Old timer was hot headed but probably for good reason being chased and not being able to get away. I would have kept traveling until I reached the police station or saw an officer and made sure my pistol was ready in case I got stuck in traffic and could not get away. The old guy should have stayed in his car but decided to park it in the road and get out to approach the chaser.

/

[QUOTE=Adjuster;18779008]And what the heck is with the title of this thread???

/[/QUOTE

I'd like to know too.

HKLovingIT
03-30-2012, 16:51
[QUOTE=Adjuster;18779008]And what the heck is with the title of this thread???

/[/QUOTE

I'd like to know too.

They were protesting a pigeon shoot. The old guy is allegedly the operations manager of a company owned by a man who likes to go to pigeon shoots. The kids following were animal rights protest people. They protested the company because of this. And there you have it. Both sides being hotheads. :faint:

Click the little You Tube logo on the bottom right on the embedded video above and it will open a new window to the video location on YouTube. You can read the description there. The video was posted by the animal rights kids.

twag4
03-30-2012, 16:56
If a woman wants to "man up" and get in somebody's face with a camera invading his personal space- He has the right to push her away. He didn't just hall off and hit her, instead he pushed her and her camera away. Hey, I'm all for equality. If you want to be treated equally, then that means equally everywhere, not just the hiring line. I would never hit or push a lady, but she was right in his face. She kinda aked for it. We don't know how long they had been pursuing him. He obviously tried to evade them for awhile, but you could hear by the engine noise and their dialogue that they weren't gonna give up. They should both go to jail. Pigeons? REALLY?

HKLovingIT
03-30-2012, 16:58

Carlton Pools is a company. The angry gun guy is allegedly the operations manager at the company, according to the vid poster. I dunno that to be true or not.

The animal rights people protested the company because the owner likes to attend and participate, and I believe organizes live pigeon shoots. Perfectly legal.

Sometimes the protest people at these shoots will run out in front of the firing line during live fire to try to disrupt it or to rescue wounded birds and save them.

Personally I think that's not too smart. They should spend their time trying to get with normal chicks instead of trying to impress smelly hippie girls with their bravery and animal loving. But I guess every guy has his schtick or angle for trying to score with the ladies. :rofl:

svtpwnz
03-30-2012, 17:10
[quote=svtpwnz;18779336]

They were protesting a pigeon shoot. The old guy is allegedly the operations manager of a company owned by a man who likes to go to pigeon shoots. The kids following were animal rights protest people. They protested the company because of this. And there you have it. Both sides being hotheads. :faint:

Click the little You Tube logo on the bottom right on the embedded video above and it will open a new window to the video location on YouTube. You can read the description there. The video was posted by the animal rights kids.

Interesting. Animal rights nutjobs chasing old guy down trying to get his license plate number because he shoots pigeons. They are cockroaches of the avian world, who cares.

Adjuster
03-30-2012, 18:33
Thanks for the additional infos. Crazy story. I bet these people are all the talk and news in their town.

/

Walk Soft
03-30-2012, 18:44
Why was the older guy in the Expedition trying so hard to get away?

HKLovingIT
03-30-2012, 18:47
Why was the older guy in the Expedition trying so hard to get away?

The hippie chicks chasing him probably wanted him to try some "essential oil" hair shampoo and he was afraid he would start to smell like dirt and smelly flip flops. :dunno:

Ewalk
03-30-2012, 19:06
Everyone keeps calling the "SHARK" (SHowing Animals Respect and Kindness) people "kids", they are not youngsters, the guy, Danny something, looks to be about 40 years old, and the lady is his wife. No one was right in this situation, They both did stupid things to escalate the situation, from pointing cameras and following people to trying to hit protesters with your SUV and shoving their wives. But SUV man should of had more of plan before he pulled his gun, "Get on the ground!" (oh no? ok nevermind) WTF? SUV's buddy was the calmest guy there and did the most to deescalate the situation.

grg3d
03-30-2012, 19:07
Hi With all the problems in the world…. this escalated into someone almost getting shot over “Pigeon Rights”. Thus the title.

The people (unarmed except for a camera) that were chasing the first car are from “SHARK” it’s an animal rights movement. I stumbled across this video after looking at about 20 clips of this feud (while cruising youtube)that has been going on in Pennsylvania now for awhile.

Solana (guy that pulled the gun)participates in live pigeon shoots, an activity in which live pigeons are tossed into the air and shot at a gun range for sport. Which “Shark” believes is inhumane seeing how many of the birds are hit but not killed.

Solana part owner & member at a hunting resort called Wing Pointe in Pennsylvania, where they hosts the live pigeon shoots.

Sorry… to me his actions (Solana) might be considered “brandishing a weapon” as he was in no danger and was using it to scare or intimidate the people from “Shark”

This is not really about the pigeons could care less about them however pulling a weapon to” scare or intimidate” someone is wrong as in the heat of it all he could of killed someone over a dam pigeon :upeyes:

Noots
03-30-2012, 20:06
I wish the camera would have caught the guys face when the other guy pulled the pistol on him, priceless.

TBO
03-30-2012, 20:18
Were any Skittles involved?

jdavionic
03-30-2012, 20:37
I don't see that as a life threatening situation. If you believe your life is in danger, why pull off the main road, stop, get out of your vehicle, and confront?

Sure, the following vehicle was harassing him. But is that worth pulling a gun and escalating the situation? Was that taking the "high road" in a non-life threatening confrontation?

Suppose you happened to be in the area, see these vehicles stop, watch a man pull a gun on unarmed people,...can this get ugly real quick?

And the following occupants...if you want a tag number, get it and be on your way. They were obviously intending to harass him. Is that smart?

Just stupid x E^6 by all parties. IMO, if someone follows you, you be prepared for THEM approaching your vehicle if you get stuck in traffic. You try to call 911, if you can do so safely. If not, you drive to the nearest police station.

Sharky7
03-30-2012, 21:00
Just because you have a hammer, doesn't mean every problem is a nail.

TBO
03-30-2012, 21:55
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/TheeBadOne/TBO/If-all-you-had-was-a-hammer.jpg

HKLovingIT
03-30-2012, 23:42
Were any Skittles involved?

Possibly some soiled drawers. It has not been determined from the video evidence if they were droopy or not.

HandyMan Hugh
03-31-2012, 01:16
IIRC this happened some time ago. Does anyone know the final outcome of this incident? Was Solana ever charged with any firearms crime? It looked to me like he should have been.