View Full Version : Obama Kills Atlantic Offshore Drilling For Five Years

DOC44
03-30-2012, 22:09
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/03/30/Atlantic-Oil-And-Gas

Obama Kills Atlantic Offshore Drilling For Five Years

Doc44

TBO
03-30-2012, 22:15
He's repeatedly said he doesn't care about the cost of gasoline.

Ruble Noon
03-31-2012, 06:43

He cares about it alright, he cares that the price keeps going up. That is why he wants to raise taxes on oil companies.

aircarver
03-31-2012, 06:44
Well, if he's not here after November .....:upeyes:

ChuteTheMall
03-31-2012, 07:12
Think of the algae.

:drowning:

G-19
03-31-2012, 07:22
We need to be drilling more not less. We have plenty of oil right here.

QNman
03-31-2012, 07:29
Once again... A glimpse of a lame duck Obama which will be far worse that the current Obama.

callihan_44
03-31-2012, 10:20
ive often wondered if the reasoning for not drilling or limiting it is to use the worlds oil up and save our own for later....of course Its hard to imagine politicians thinking this way

JFrame
03-31-2012, 10:32
Once again... A glimpse of a lame duck Obama which will be far worse that the current Obama.

Yes, Sir -- that's a drum I've been beating for awhile also...

JFrame
03-31-2012, 10:34
Obama Kills Atlantic Offshore Drilling For Five Years

This, from the administration whose Energy secretary said that he wanted to see gas prices rise to European levels ($8/gallon), and the President who said that under his policies, energy prices would "necessarily skyrocket"...

automatic slim
03-31-2012, 10:38
ive often wondered if the reasoning for not drilling or limiting it is to use the worlds oil up and save our own for later....of course Its hard to imagine politicians thinking this way

A lib friend of mine mentioned that once during a discussion on the subject. My retort was that this country, at least life as we know it, won't be able to survive unless we start drilling. Kinda like planting crops, and then not eating until harvest time. You would die.....

QNman
03-31-2012, 14:25

It almost sounds like the kind of convoluted "planning" pols do... Until you realize they aren't even capable of cutting spending to anywhere near receipts.

Glockdude1
03-31-2012, 14:40
Why is Obummer's permission needed to drill anyway???

:headscratch:

janice6
03-31-2012, 14:43

And he has repeatedly demonstrated he doesn't care about the American people.

pipedreams
03-31-2012, 14:47

Yes but sometimes you have to take the bitter with the sweet. The time he can do damage will be limited rather than four more years.

Rabid Rabbit
03-31-2012, 19:08
I predict he will only be able to influence drilling until 1/19/2013.

QNman
03-31-2012, 19:59
Yes but sometime you have to take the bitter with the sweet. The time he can do damage will be limited rather than four more years.

There ain't no sweet there. "Where's the sweet?"

English
04-01-2012, 06:38
I fear you are all misunderstanding. If the price of gas rises, people will reduce their consumption of gas. If it rises a lot, they will reduce their consumption a lot. This will reduce the production of carbon dioxide from fossil fuel (I am sorry, I just can't bring myself to call it carbon!) and all right thinking people know that would be a very good thing. As a right thinking person, Obama necessarily want the price of gas to rise a lot. It would be his legacy to the continued life of the planet.

English

QNman
04-01-2012, 07:47
I fear you are all misunderstanding. If the price of gas rises, people will reduce their consumption of gas. If it rises a lot, they will reduce their consumption a lot. This will reduce the production of carbon dioxide from fossil fuel (I am sorry, I just can't bring myself to call it carbon!) and all right thinking people know that would be a very good thing. As a right thinking person, Obama necessarily want the price of gas to rise a lot. It would be his legacy to the continued life of the planet.

English

Assuming one buys into the whole MMGW nonsense, you're right (I guess I'm not "right thinking" - I'm more of an "empirical thinking" sort). Too bad it will collapse our economy in the process by also driving the cost of everything else through the roof.

This "solution" is like prescribing cyanide to cure an parasite. Yeah, it'll kill the parasite, but will kill the host too.

engineer151515
04-01-2012, 07:54
I predict he will only be able to influence drilling until 1/19/2013.

I agree.

engineer151515
04-01-2012, 08:08

English

Obama will have a legacy, all right.

Won't be planet savior.

Ignoring the solar driven cycles of heating and cooling on the Planet is almost as foolish as believing that countries can maintain a constant Earth climate by choking hydrocarbon fuel supplies and reducing the number of flatulent cows on the planet (identified as a major contributor to green house gases).

Drill baby, drill. Either that, or nuclear.

JFrame
04-01-2012, 08:13

English

Yes, indeed -- it's that whole "the tides will recede because I'm president" speech he gave after winning the election.

Americans have put a certifiable madman in the White House.

certifiedfunds
04-01-2012, 08:18

English

inelastic

Paul7
04-01-2012, 09:16
He just keeps digging his hole deeper doesn't he? Normal America isn't tolerating these high gas prices. Apparently Barry thinks the only thing the federal government can't do is lower gas prices.

The reason things are the way they are (reliance on fossil fuels) is because it works. There is NO alternative to getting a jet plane off the ground than fossil fuels.

automatic slim
04-01-2012, 09:17

English

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

How many times did you vote for Obama?

BORNGEARHEAD
04-01-2012, 13:11
Us drilling here isn't gonna drop the price of gas 1 cent.

Ruble Noon
04-01-2012, 14:15

A sound dollar would though. Man that Ron Paul is crazy.

certifiedfunds
04-01-2012, 14:22

Directly, no. The Saudi's will cut production to put a floor under the price.

Balance the power and ultimately soften the market? Most certainly. There is a limit to how far the Saudi's can cut.

Skyhook
04-01-2012, 14:25

English

I just could not refrain from adding Mark to this discussion. Forgive me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=W_XG25YKRGc

Skyhook
04-01-2012, 14:26

And we have 57 plus states in the USA.

certifiedfunds
04-01-2012, 15:17

You also ignore the economic benefits of internalizing it vs shipping those dollars overseas. Plus the thousands of high paying jobs.

engineer151515
04-01-2012, 17:34

Fundamentally incorrect.

Don't even bother to try to substantiate it from a qualified information source. It is a ludicrous supposition.