Workplace violence: Is there no rights to protect one's self? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Workplace violence: Is there no rights to protect one's self?

CDR_Glock
03-31-2012, 10:32
Mas

It's always in the news. Some maniac decides that they want to take someone or some people out of this world, for loss of spouse, loss of job, or whatever the cause.

It's unpredictable who will crack next. It seems that this occurs on a weekly if not biweekly basis.

Some employers do not allow bringing weapons to work - Despite no signs at many locations, businesses, offices, warehouses saying "No weapons". One who has a concealed carry license can bring a firearm, in theory, and it would only be used in self defense. "Concealed means concealed" and it would only be used in that type of situation. This does not apply to Federal Institutions, schools, military facility or some churches since guns are not legal anyways by state laws. Most security guards that I see carry a flashlight or maybe a stunner. That is not reassuring. Cameras are no deterrent for an insane person rampaging through a place.

So how would you approach a policy such as that, which does not allow weapons? How do you recommend dealing with policies, not laws, such as that? What do you recommend for alternative means of protection?

Mas Ayoob
03-31-2012, 10:35
Training in disarming would be good, but finding a more gun-friendly workplace would be better.

best,
Mas

CDR_Glock
03-31-2012, 10:42
Training in disarming would be good, but finding a more gun-friendly workplace would be better.

best,
Mas

Hahaha

True. I guess a ballistic vest is about as good as it gets, and a laser pointer. Hahahahahhahahahahahaha

That reminds me, I did see a high powered handheld laser that has been sold. It can supposedly burn skin.

http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/Spyder_III_Pro_Arctic_Series-96-37.html