Texas lawyers offer $10,000 for George Zimmerman's legal defense [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Texas lawyers offer $10,000 for George Zimmerman's legal defense

snerd
03-31-2012, 13:01
I think before it's over, he won't have to worry about the cost of defending himself. Only fitting after the hatchet job he received from the media and the race baiters. Right or wrong, he at least deserves a fair trial.
The National Association for Legal Gun Defense wants to contribute $10,000 toward George Zimmerman's legal expenses, a member said today..........

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-30/news/os-george-zimmerman-lawyers-offer-10000-20120330_1_shooting-death-legal-expenses-legal-defense

Javelin
03-31-2012, 13:04
Zimmerman is a Democrat. I don't really care what the hell happens to be honest as long as the truth comes out and these hate-filled A-holes on the news spewing racism get held accountable as well.

I don't think anyone will to be honest.

NDCent
03-31-2012, 13:21
He's going to need more money than that, or a free lawyer wanting to be the next Johnny Cochran. Witnesses will be coming out of the woodwork/gated community for their 15 minutes looking for a chance to be the next Kato Kaelin. This will be a circus of the stars.

Javelin
03-31-2012, 13:27
He's going to need more money than that, or a free lawyer wanting to be the next Johnny Cochran. Witnesses will be coming out of the woodwork/gated community for their 15 minutes looking for a chance to be the next Kato Kaelin. This will be a circus of the stars.

See I don't know who Kato Kaelin is. :dunno:

Fred Hansen
03-31-2012, 13:39
I'm shocked that Wise Latino Democrats For Truth And Justice didn't beat them to it. Shocked I say!

NDCent
03-31-2012, 13:42
See I don't know who Kato Kaelin is. :dunno:

That's why it's refered to as 15 minutes of fame, but there is always the chance of real fortune and fame.

Bren
03-31-2012, 14:23
I think before it's over, he won't have to worry about the cost of defending himself. Only fitting after the hatchet job he received from the media and the race baiters. Right or wrong, he at least deserves a fair trial.

Any lawyer with a little foresight would take that case for free - it's a goldmine, just in publicity and even more if you can represent him in suing various people like Spike Lee and NBC news.

ScubaSven
03-31-2012, 18:41
Any lawyer with a little foresight would take that case for free - it's a goldmine, just in publicity and even more if you can represent him in suing various people like Spike Lee and NBC news.

True, but there are also lots of costs incurred in any large case (transcription, expert fees, copies, travel, etc.) and the money can go to offsetting the costs.

Despite this thread's title, it appears the "lawyers" have organized somewhat and the money is officially coming from a gun-rights group: National Association for Legal Gun Defense.

ScubaSven
03-31-2012, 18:48
Zimmerman is a Democrat. I don't really care what the hell happens to be honest as long as the truth comes out and these hate-filled A-holes on the news spewing racism get held accountable as well.

I don't think anyone will to be honest.

Was that in jest? Wondering if you really mean to suggest that the outcome doesn't matter since/if GZ votes democrat.

Roger1079
03-31-2012, 19:18
Was that in jest? Wondering if you really mean to suggest that the outcome doesn't matter since/if GZ votes democrat.I agree. Seems to be irrelivant what party he belongs to.

Javelin
03-31-2012, 20:08
Was that in jest? Wondering if you really mean to suggest that the outcome doesn't matter since/if GZ votes democrat.

I don't really care about Democrats. They voted for Obama and this whole administration and then when they get eaten by their own I am supposed to feel sorry... nope.

:wavey:

Javelin
03-31-2012, 20:15
I agree. Seems to be irrelivant what party he belongs to.

Again, I'm just being honest which is something that could do a lot of folks involved in this scandal of flag waving and racist rousing some good.

The racism from black hate, the rebel rallying by the anti-gun folks, the cynical remarks by the news media, and all of the lies and intentional misreporting makes me a little sick to my stomach.

In the end a thug kid got shot by a liberal. Who knows what happened, no one but that thug kid and the liberal (and the thug kid ain't talking). The rest is just sensational drama and I don't care.

ScubaSven
03-31-2012, 20:23
I don't really care about Democrats. They voted for Obama and this whole administration and then when they get eaten by their own I am supposed to feel sorry... nope.

So, partisan politics trumps justice? I don't think I'm out of line in suggesting that you seriously need to re-think your priorities in life.

plainsman
03-31-2012, 23:43
I would figure this case will easily go half a million dollars, the wolves are at every gunowners door. Does anyone think that they will just be happy with Zimmerman's blood?

Everyone should read how they are demonizing this man. Some propaganda against him that I read on line, was that he also was against drunken drivers and shoplifters.

Hopefully, if he survives this, maybe he will run for public office, and sue all those who have maligned him.

If they had any kind of airtight case against him, he'd be in jail already, if the leaks are correct that some witness or witnesses see trayvor on top of zimmerman beating the heck out of him, well all these marchers and a kangaroo court won't be enough to convict him.

Javelin
03-31-2012, 23:45
So, partisan politics trumps justice? I don't think I'm out of line in suggesting that you seriously need to re-think your priorities in life.

I am an unapologetic conservative. I have no use for liberals and I don't play games.

It's kind of like this.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/560678_399621530048763_183504651660453_1601717_1470250507_n.jpg

Big Mad Dawg
04-01-2012, 00:07

Justice was served see thug kid shot what comes next is bleeding hearts trying to find closer for a greedy mommy.

As for democrats getting what they deserve it reminds me of the ant and grasshopper. The grasshoppers (democrats) want to give away what the ants (working people) work for to the lazy worthless bums (welfare lifers and all others on the government tit). We the workers are really not all that sympathetic about hardship suffered by the parasites. You do not deserve the rewards we work for if you want something get off your dead a- - and earn it if not starve I really don’t care. If you try and take it with force you just might end up doing a martin.

Bren
04-01-2012, 05:42
True, but there are also lots of costs incurred in any large case (transcription, expert fees, copies, travel, etc.) and the money can go to offsetting the costs.

Despite this thread's title, it appears the "lawyers" have organized somewhat and the money is officially coming from a gun-rights group: National Association for Legal Gun Defense.

There are few costs in criminal defense, if it doesn't involve your mental health. Not much transcription, no depostion, no travel beyond the scene of the shooting. It's not like taking a civil case with depositions and such. The expensive things are rarely necessary or even allowed in criminal cases. For a straight self-defense defense, it would cost practically nothing, unless you needed to hire a guy like Massad Ayoob as a self-defense expert (which would be good and I have used them in a few cases).

ScubaSven
04-02-2012, 16:28
There are few costs in criminal defense, if it doesn't involve your mental health. Not much transcription, no depostion, no travel beyond the scene of the shooting. It's not like taking a civil case with depositions and such. The expensive things are rarely necessary or even allowed in criminal cases. For a straight self-defense defense, it would cost practically nothing, unless you needed to hire a guy like Massad Ayoob as a self-defense expert (which would be good and I have used them in a few cases).

You are wrong on this. There will be plenty of experts - scene reconstruction, forensics, telephone, etc. And, where do you get that there will be no depositions? There will most certainly be! Every witness can be deposed, both expert and factual (check the Florida statutes on criminal procedure) and in a case this big, they will be. Do you have any idea how much a deposition costs, plus expert witness fees?

ScubaSven
04-02-2012, 16:31
Justice was served see thug kid shot what comes next is bleeding hearts trying to find closer for a greedy mommy.

Inglés, por favor

Big Mad Dawg
04-03-2012, 00:58
Inglés, por favor

That’s all you got amigo?