What do cats do? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What do cats do?

okie
03-31-2012, 16:15
This video shows how a dog reacts when he/she hasn't seen his/her master for a while. What do cats do? I don't know much about cats:dunno:

Seeing my dog the day I got back from Afghanistan - YouTube

Lone Wolf8634
03-31-2012, 16:19
They stick their tail and their nose in the air, stalk away while giving you the most advantageous view of their posterior, and anything they may still be sporting back there.

They pee in your shoes and poop on your pillow.

After a week or so they may let you become one of their servants again.:supergrin:

TSAX
03-31-2012, 16:19
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

:50cal:

PBCounty
03-31-2012, 16:23
You got me. I've got two cats right now. One goes ape**** everyday when I come home from work and then follows me around the house all day afterwards. The other doesn't seem to notice anything about the world outside of the level of the food dish.

Lone_Wolfe
03-31-2012, 16:38
Cats may not run outside and jump all over you, but they love too. When I deployed, then went home for the first time in months my cat got up on the back of a chair, walked up into my arms, and started purring as if all was right with the world. The other one danced around my feet until I got a hand free to pet her, too.

Peace Warrior
03-31-2012, 16:40
Cats will just walk up and say, "welcome home man, good to see ya!"

KING-PIN
03-31-2012, 16:45
My cat greets me at the door and follows me around the house until the next time I leave.

Of course, this is also the same cat that loves to play fetch, so I'm fairly certain I own a dog in a cat's body.

turretg
03-31-2012, 17:03
Found this on UTube ..Pretty amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=rxPaUUaxGlM

UtahIrishman
03-31-2012, 17:05
That's very cool...

As far as cats go it depends on the cat. My cat, Gunny, jumps up onto the back of a chair for pets every time I come home from work. He will sit there and cry at me until I pet him.

Our Siamese Li Lu greets me as well, though not quite as enthusiastically. Our third cat Gandalf just does the 'hello friend' look and goes about his business.

okie
03-31-2012, 17:11
Our third cat Gandalf just does the 'hello friend' look and goes about his business.

How do you pronounce the name of the third cat my friend:dunno::supergrin:

okie
03-31-2012, 17:12

Damn kool my friend:supergrin:

turretg
03-31-2012, 17:12
My Friendly African wild cat Slim hanging with me after work. This is as big a cat I will play with!

UtahIrishman
03-31-2012, 17:17
How do you pronounce the name of the third cat my friend:dunno::supergrin:

He's named after the Wizard Gandalf in Lord of the Rings. It's pronounced 'Gan doff' Gan rhymes with Can

MrsKitty
03-31-2012, 17:23
Cats may not run outside and jump all over you, but they love too. When I deployed, then went home for the first time in months my cat got up on the back of a chair, walked up into my arms, and started purring as if all was right with the world. The other one danced around my feet until I got a hand free to pet her, too.

No matter what Missy is doing, she runs to meet 'scream as soon as he pulls in the driveway. She is tickled when he comes home. All I ever wanted was for her to learn to tolerate him (she loathed him at first) but now she loves him as much as I do. :supergrin:

carloglock19
03-31-2012, 17:29
We have two cats and one likes to play fetch, greets you at the door, loves to get pets and sleeps at your feet when you are sitting so pretty much acts like a dog. Now the other one is like ohhhhh it’s you again well my kibble is running low and my water is room temperature now so while you're at it give me some of those treats I like.....your welcome!

sopdan
03-31-2012, 17:47
It depends.

We have two cats here, my roommate's cat, Lucy, is very social/needy/attached, whatever you want to call it. She is very vocal, and even if you leave for just a couple minutes, she's quick to let you know that she needs some petting time. If she's running through the room, no matter what her motivation is, a light touch with your hand or foot will have her instantly on her side, wantin' some scratching. She actually drops to the floor.

My cat, Zoey, is very much less like that. She'll come greet you at the door, but only cuddles on her own terms. (and then she is very persistent)

Lucy is on the right, Zoey is on the left.

Altaris
03-31-2012, 17:50

How would you like having this guy come greet you when you get home....

Grizzly Bear Devours Trainer - YouTube

Lone_Wolfe
03-31-2012, 17:51
No matter what Missy is doing, she runs to meet 'scream as soon as he pulls in the driveway. She is tickled when he comes home. All I ever wanted was for her to learn to tolerate him (she loathed him at first) but now she loves him as much as I do. :supergrin:

Has he finally given up trying to hate cats? :supergrin: :rofl:

Peace Warrior
03-31-2012, 18:00

Amazing! In the early 80's I had some ADBA registered hunting/guard dogs, which I had raised for almost 8 months as pups and then sold to another couple, then by pure happenstance [ran into them at the grocery store] I went to visit this couple when after the pups had become dogs. The couple that owned them had four other VERY good guard dogs by that time. "My" Dawgs at first remembered me, and in my opinion, for a little while, they gave me heck for being gone so long, but then in the final hour, they protected me from their new family, up to being very vicious with their displays, the entire time I was in the backyard.

It was surreal to say the least and I've never been around anything like that ever again. Until I watched this video. AWESOME! Way to go LIONS!

AA#5
03-31-2012, 18:00

Geez!! For some reason, the name Roy Horn just popped into my head.

Any bets on that guy's lifespan?

MrsKitty
03-31-2012, 18:03
Has he finally given up trying to hate cats? :supergrin: :rofl:

No comment. :whistling:

benji
03-31-2012, 18:08
Both of mine greet me at the door every day when I come home from work. One of them sleeps on me at night and gets all up in my face every morning while i'm watching the news and drinking coffee. The other one sleeps on my wife and wakes us both up. They take off running for the door when either of us gets home.

MrsKitty
03-31-2012, 18:16
How would you like having this guy come great you when you get home....

Grizzly Bear Devours Trainer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilm9Tj7FqeA)

Talk about a teddy bear. :hearts:

One of my friends' ex-husband was a professional wrestler. Before he made it to WCW/WWF, he wrestled bears and alligators among other creatures over his career. He said the bear they used was really old and had his teeth filed down smooth but still had an amazing bite strength...

He also told me about going somewhere and the main event being him and an alligator but the alligator died rigor mortis but hadn't set in. He got in the ring with this dead alligator and made it look like he was actually wrestling it so the fans would be happy while it was starting to stiffen up. He had to cut the match short before anybody realized what was going on. Yeah, he won. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ftttu
03-31-2012, 18:40
After coming back from just a week away, my cat goes crazy. She will mew constantly and make me carry her around.

tous
03-31-2012, 18:49
No comment. :whistling:

Don't you wimmins be makin' fun of 'scream . :miff:

:tongueout:

deputy tom
03-31-2012, 18:59
Ours try to trip me down the stairs. They also are catnip junkies. tom.:embarassed:

Dragline
03-31-2012, 19:09
Kittens are born with their eyes closed.
After about 10 days or so they open them for the first time, take a look around, then close them again for practically the rest of their lives.

I have two cats which I am very fond of. They run around and do all sorts of things. Including sometimes getting me up early in the morning just to get me to do stuff so they can watch. Then *they* can safely go back to sleep.

Detectorist
03-31-2012, 19:21
My cat would jump on my lap and beg to be cuddled.

okie
03-31-2012, 19:24
Ours try to trip me down the stairs. They also are catnip junkies. tom.:embarassed:

Damn, I hope they never get the job done, Tom:alex:

RC-RAMIE
03-31-2012, 19:28
http://img.tapatalk.com/63c31220-aef2-f4b4.jpg

My cat Coy knocking on my bedroom room window in the morning to come in. What does Coy do what ever Coy wants to do.

"Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it is realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy. - Ron Paul

Kevin108
03-31-2012, 19:36
Depends on the cat, Okie. Cats do remember. When I was a kid, we had a siamese named Caesar that wound up going to my great-aunt's house 30 mins away. Every summer she'd go to Baltimore to visit her daughter and Caesar would come back to our house for a week or two. At first, all our cats would bow up and go on the defensive because of the intruder and suddenly they'd realize OHHH! It's just Caesar!

Now in my house we have 3 boy cats and girl cat. When me or my girl get home from work, our oldest and alpha greets us immediately and wants us to hold him while he licks our faces and hair. The "baby" girl comes out with him because those two are a pair. The other two are brothers that I found together. One is super friendly, loves to be held, etc. My girl falls asleep most nights using him as a pillow and him purring. His brother is mine and really only comes out of hiding in the morning when my girl leaves for work and when we're all home alone.

Long story short: if you have bonded with the animal, it will remember you.

Steel Head
03-31-2012, 19:56
They stick their tail and their nose in the air, stalk away while giving you the most advantageous view of their posterior, and anything they may still be sporting back there.

After a week or so they may let you become one of their servants again.:supergrin:

:rofl: about right

Mine does two things-if he has food left he looks at you in the above mentioned stance so you get a good look at his junk then trots off like a lil king:steamed:

If on the other hand he's pigged out and has no food left you would almost think he loved you:dunno:

G29Reload
03-31-2012, 20:24

In a lifetime of cats, this has never happened.

If you're a dog person and think you could never have a cat, get a ragdoll.

They fetch like dogs and need a lot of attention like them.

But you don't have to go out in the rain to walk them. :supergrin:

Steel Head
03-31-2012, 20:29

I've never seen a cat do it but I've seen a dog do both:faint:
Dogs are great pets to have if you have a cat/cats-Then you never have to clean uot the cat box:whistling::tongueout:

Case de Callier
03-31-2012, 20:37
Mine likes to stay clean and fluff dried...

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy342/G63266/Checkthedryer.jpg

and makes sure all is well when we're not around.

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy342/G63266/DONTMAKEMEGETUP.jpg

Steel Head
03-31-2012, 20:40
Mine likes to stay clean and fluff dried...

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy342/G63266/Checkthedryer.jpg

and make sure all is well when we're not around.

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy342/G63266/DONTMAKEMEGETUP.jpg
Nice kitty:whistling:

Bruce H
03-31-2012, 21:26
All of ours are outdoor cats. One tom will not let me pet him outside. When I'm setting in the house in my rocker he will walk through the front door and land in my lap. He is perfectly content to lounge there giving me claw punctures. After an hour or so he is ready to leave.

NEOH212
03-31-2012, 22:38

I couldn't have said it any better.

And that's why I love cats! :cat:

Blast
03-31-2012, 23:02
http://members.mscwar.com/grimlock/GIFS/ani_cat-punch.gif

okie
04-01-2012, 07:34
http://members.mscwar.com/grimlock/GIFS/ani_cat-punch.gif

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lone Wolf8634
04-01-2012, 08:06

I am a dog person, but we have two cats also. The Siamese, Beethoven, is possibly the second coolest cat I've ever had. (the first would play fetch with the cellophane from a pack of cigarettes)

I've never seen a cat do it but I've seen a dog do both:faint:
Dogs are great pets to have if you have a cat/cats-Then you never have to clean uot the cat box:whistling::tongueout:

Our previous cat, Nap attack, would absolutely pee in your shoes. He did it several times. Once he climbed on my wifes lap, looked her straight in the eye, and piddled all over her.

He didnt get mad, he got even.

And there's nothing worse than a dog with catbox breath panting in your face. :ack::puking:

deputy tom
04-01-2012, 08:38
Damn, I hope they never get the job done, Tom:alex:

Me too Mr. Mayor. They tried again this morning.tom.:wavey:

Kevin108
04-01-2012, 12:17
What do cats do?

They help you fold laundry!

http://img.tapatalk.com/aefc763a-9bae-8b31.jpg

Rooster Rugburn
04-01-2012, 12:26
Cats scold you for being away from your job as their servant. put bad marks on your personnel file, and give you a bad evaluation and low raise.

They come to you and rub against your leg, hang around you for an initial period, and show a little emotion, but not like a dog.

Cats don't want you to know they care, or you to think they need you. Which they really don't.

But, whenever I was packing for a trip, my cat would get really vocal and clingy. She knew when I pulled out the suitcase I was going to be gone for a while.