Who is it Blame For High Oil Prices? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Who is it Blame For High Oil Prices?

Ruble Noon
04-01-2012, 08:14
The answer is not oil speculators. The answer is central banks pumping liquidity in unheard of amounts coupled with Mideast tensions caused by Obama's policy.

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/

certifiedfunds
04-01-2012, 08:15
pricing consumer gasoline prices in silver ounces is an interesting exercise.

Ruble Noon
04-01-2012, 08:23
pricing consumer gasoline prices in silver ounces is an interesting exercise.

A gallon of gas for one silver dime. That might wake people up to the destruction of our currency.

Ruble Noon
04-01-2012, 18:14
A gallon of gas for one silver dime. That might wake people up to the destruction of our currency.

I guess that would be two silver dimes.

http://www.coinflation.com/

JohnnyReb
04-01-2012, 21:46
What exactly do you guys have against Monopoly money?

INODNME
04-02-2012, 00:58
We don't have a problem with supply. There is a FLEET of tankers sailing around in circles in what is called "offshore storage". The only reason gas prices are high is because the oil companies want them to be. We have these silly recipes for gas depending on where you live and what time of year it is. That's one additional cost. Another is that we keep producing just enough gas, not oil, to keep the market speculators happy.
You would think that we needed more refining capability. NOPE. We recently shut down a refinery in Michigan because if it were on line to the price of gas would drop. Go figure. Really...go figure.

cowboywannabe
04-02-2012, 01:16
Bush!

Brucev
04-02-2012, 06:07
Who is to blame? Part of the problem is allowing speculators to "speculate" yet never actually take delivery of the product.

certifiedfunds
04-02-2012, 06:39
Who is to blame? Part of the problem is allowing speculators to "speculate" yet never actually take delivery of the product.

What happened to those speculators in late 2008/2009?

Amazing to me how easily people are distracted into blaming things like speculators. Economic ignorance. Suckers! Pay not attention to the man behind the curtain.

mj9mm
04-02-2012, 06:42
Obama said We the greedy American consumers are at fault, end of debate:tongueout:

robertoh
04-02-2012, 07:13
Here in Ohio our U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown D of course says it's the greedy big oit Companies.
Did I mention that Brown is also a hand puppet for Obama.

aircarver
04-02-2012, 07:13
Bush!

This has long been the traditional answer...

Why stop now ? ....:supergrin:

series1811
04-02-2012, 07:42
We don't have a problem with supply. There is a FLEET of tankers sailing around in circles in what is called "offshore storage". The only reason gas prices are high is because the oil companies want them to be. We have these silly recipes for gas depending on where you live and what time of year it is. That's one additional cost. Another is that we keep producing just enough gas, not oil, to keep the market speculators happy.
You would think that we needed more refining capability. NOPE. We recently shut down a refinery in Michigan because if it were on line to the price of gas would drop. Go figure. Really...go figure.

The first time I saw several large oil tankers just idling out in the Atlantic, I couldn't understand why. Now, I know. The price to idle them, and pay the crew, is nothing compared to what they can make additionally, by sitting and waitng for prices to go up before delivering their cargo.

cowboywannabe
04-02-2012, 11:58
Here in Ohio our U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown D of course says it's the greedy big oit Companies.

didnt ohio vote to be a hand puppet for obama? i mean they did vote for sherrod brown, and carried water for obama when he ran for potus.

bobthellama42
04-02-2012, 21:23

Actually, I think his original press release blamed 'speculators'. I have been calling his office daily demanding that the 'good' Senator provide another press release to clarify exactly what he means by 'speculator' and whether his previously undefined punishment will include fines, imprisonment or restrictions from participating in the world commodity markets.

Brown is a complete party hack. It is time to send him packing in November.

certifiedfunds
04-02-2012, 21:56
The first time I saw several large oil tankers just idling out in the Atlantic, I couldn't understand why. Now, I know. The price to idle them, and pay the crew, is nothing compared to what they can make additionally, by sitting and waitng for prices to go up before delivering their cargo.

2009 when the price crashed offshore storage became a big thing quickly.