Biden: Trayvon Martinís Death Should Spark Gun Law Debate [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Biden: Trayvon Martinís Death Should Spark Gun Law Debate

sbhaven
04-01-2012, 14:25
Biden, speaking on CBS Face the Nation, "said the death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin should prompt a debate about gun laws"...
“It’s important that people be put in a position where their Second Amendment rights are protected, but that they also don’t, as a consequence of the laws, unintendedly put themselves in harm’s way,”

“The idea that there’s this overwhelming additional security in the ownership and carrying concealed and deadly weapons…I think it’s the premise, not the constitutional right, but the premise that it makes people safer is one that I’m not so sure of,”

“I’m confident the people of Florida will debate and discuss whether or not this law, the Stand Your Ground law, whether is being applied as it was intended to [be] applied and whether or not as intended it makes sense, ... But that’s a decision for the state to make.”

Biden: Trayvon Martin’s Death Should Spark Gun Law Debate
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/biden-trayvon-martins-death-should-spark-gun-law-debate/

steveksux
04-01-2012, 14:55
I think the quoted portion makes complete sense.

Find out what happened in the TM/GZ case. Once you see if justice was done, or an innocent man crucified, or a guilty man allowed to get away scott-free after a homicide, then determine did the law work as intended, or should it be revised in light of this presumably unforeseen situation based on the outcome.

Depending on how that comes out, you may need more protection for self-defense shooters, you may have too much protection, at the expense of innocent people involved in a horrible misunderstanding. Time will tell. Either way, seeing if the law needs to be refined is a good thing. When have lawmakers gotten it absolutely right?

I think it’s the premise, not the constitutional right, but the premise that it makes people safer is one that I’m not so sure of,”After having a few road rage shootings involving motorists with CPL's in MI, the premise that a pistol makes you safer in all situations is indeed one I'm not so sure of. I think there may be a tendency for a pistol to make stupid people stupider. That said, if there's any way someone's found to identify those people ahead of time to screen them, I'm all ears. But stupid people do have a right to defend themselves too, so not sure you can deny them a right on the odd chance they'll misuse it in a one in a million situation.

Biden did say the state should make that call, I have no problem with that.

And for the record, I think every case of an innocent victim of a robbery/homicide in Chicago, DC, or New York ought to trigger a reexamination of THEIR concealed carry laws also.

Randy

DonGlock26
04-01-2012, 15:25
They finally found the right dead black kid after passing up thousands.
What a sick political party the Democrats are.

_

Javelin
04-01-2012, 15:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yeA_kHHLow

Javelin
04-01-2012, 15:32
They finally found the right dead black kid after passing up thousands.
What a sick political party the Democrats are.

_

You need the right tool for the job Beavis. :supergrin:

Fred Hansen
04-01-2012, 15:38
Stand up for Chuck! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Brucev
04-01-2012, 15:39
I would love to see the squatter pushing for a gun law... any gun law. It would really help a lot of the middle of the road gun owners make up their minds to vote Republican. Here's hoping the squatter and his fellow domestic terrorists come on out with a really expansive gun control agenda that they can stand up and push during the upcoming election cycle. With the House and Senate in play... it could give Conservatives and Republicans just was we've wanted for so long... complete control of the legislation! Just imagine... passing laws over the screaming of pleosi and the veto of the squatter. Voting down his attempts to nominate political hacks to pack the judiciary. Bring it on! Bring it on! Bring it on!

cowboywannabe
04-01-2012, 15:43
what a baffoon. the hundreds of blacks shot by other blacks every year in gun restrictive cities like chicago and wash d.c. mean nothing to him.

HoldHard
04-01-2012, 15:48
I would love to see the squatter pushing for a gun law... any gun law. It would really help a lot of the middle of the road gun owners make up their minds to vote Republican. Here's hoping the squatter and his fellow domestic terrorists come on out with a really expansive gun control agenda that they can stand up and push during the upcoming election cycle. With the House and Senate in play... it could give Conservatives and Republicans just was we've wanted for so long... complete control of the legislation! Just imagine... passing laws over the screaming of pleosi and the veto of the squatter. Voting down his attempts to nominate political hacks to pack the judiciary. Bring it on! Bring it on! Bring it on!Be careful what you wish for....

HH

snerd
04-01-2012, 15:58
Right after we have that national discussion on race.

Berto
04-01-2012, 16:13
They're going to pimp this for whatever mileage they can. Fortunately, some folks can see this.

janice6
04-01-2012, 16:15
Let's have job requirements for POTUS instead.

Bruce H
04-01-2012, 18:50
The only debate is how a worthless asshat like Biden is ever elected to office.

ChuteTheMall
04-01-2012, 18:56
I agree with Joe Biden, this incident should re-open a gun debate about whether 9mm in a KelTec Pf9 is adequate.:animlol:

DOC44
04-01-2012, 19:05
I agree with Joe Biden, this incident should re-open a gun debate about whether 9mm in a KelTec Pf9 is adequate.:animlol:

A 147 gr 9mm JHP at 1100 fps don't care what kind of gun it came out of, or maybe double tap with 9mm DRT.

Doc44

aircarver
04-01-2012, 19:09

B'lieve that one got settled .......

Kingarthurhk
04-01-2012, 20:22
I guess Obama's Ed McMahon is stepping in to do what Holder couldn't. I wonder what Border Patrol Agent Biden has marked for death?

Big Mad Dawg
04-01-2012, 23:50
Biden shut up your ignorance is showing again.

Fred Hansen
04-01-2012, 23:55
The only debate is how a worthless asshat like Biden is ever elected to office.Spending a few seconds in Delaware solves that mystery.

stevelyn
04-01-2012, 23:59
Well, it's good to see democraps in the regime drop their pretenses and come back out of the anti-gun closet.
Wonder what the board Obama-knobbers have to say now?

greentriple
04-02-2012, 00:04
I would love to see the squatter pushing for a gun law... any gun law. It would really help a lot of the middle of the road gun owners make up their minds to vote Republican. Here's hoping the squatter and his fellow domestic terrorists come on out with a really expansive gun control agenda that they can stand up and push during the upcoming election cycle. With the House and Senate in play... it could give Conservatives and Republicans just was we've wanted for so long... complete control of the legislation! Just imagine... passing laws over the screaming of pleosi and the veto of the squatter. Voting down his attempts to nominate political hacks to pack the judiciary. Bring it on! Bring it on! Bring it on!

Stop typing, please. No, better yet keep it up so the voices or reason and rational thought broadcast clearer.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Big Mad Dawg
04-02-2012, 00:28
Well, it's good to see democraps in the regime drop their pretenses and come back out of the anti-gun closet.

They will ignore this thread like they do every time they are box in a corner or their moronic leaders get symbolically kicked in the privets. They got nothing but feelings and knee jerk reactions in their tool boxes.:yawn:

DonGlock26
04-02-2012, 06:21

:popcorn:

Deployment Solu
04-02-2012, 06:49
Biden, speaking on CBS Face the Nation, "said the death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin should prompt a debate about gun laws"...

Biden: Trayvon Martinís Death Should Spark Gun Law Debate
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/biden-trayvon-martins-death-should-spark-gun-law-debate/

Yes, there should be new gun laws!!!!! The law should mandate ALL good citizens, without Felonies that are of sound mind and body, own and carry a gun!!

aircarver
04-02-2012, 07:14
Let's have job requirements for POTUS instead.

Why ?

We didn't enforce the eligibility requirements .....

Gundude
04-02-2012, 09:24
Wonder what the board Obama-knobbers have to say now?What pretenses?

Everybody knows Democrats are anti-gun by nature. They don't push it simply because it's a political loser for them, and thankfully so.

Biden's obviously not very sharp. He totally missed the memo that this incident is about race, not guns. He's not speaking for the Democrats, he's just being who he is: somebody who always says the wrong thing at the wrong time.

marchboom
04-02-2012, 09:31
Biden is the perfect reason there should be a debate on how to prevent people this stupid from becoming V.P.

obama did do something right...he picked the perfect life insurance policy...biden.

Guss
04-02-2012, 11:37
Even some of the Republican sponsors of the Florida laws are surprised that it led to this. You can understand how the public feels when someone walks free under suspicious circumstances. My opinion is that such cases should routinely be sent to a grand jury rather than be decided by a couple of people in a back room.

marchboom
04-02-2012, 11:54
The MSM is saying that the shooter was not arrested...he was. Then questioned and released. The police have to look at the evidence that they have when he was arrested and determine if they have a reason to hold the suspect. If they don't, no matter what becomes known after he is released, they could be liable for violating his civil rights.

Now, If they discover new info that can justify an arrest and detainment, then they can go arrest him...again.

The problem with the MSM and all these race pimps is that they THINK they know the law.

Bren
04-02-2012, 12:00

Biden: Trayvon Martinís Death Should Spark Gun Law Debate

Reason not to vote for Obama #2,146: if somebody kills him, Joe Biden could become president. Even atheists and democrats realize that is almost certain to bring about the apocalypse.

callihan_44
04-02-2012, 15:34
I knew this was coming, and with another school shooting today democrats will be orgasimic to get new gun control legislation on the table. Also saw they think neigborhood watch groups should register.....WHAT THE HELL FOR? If my neighbors and I decide to keep an eye out for something suspicious so be it!

DOC44
04-02-2012, 15:38
I knew this was coming, and with another school shooting today democrats will be orgasimic to get new gun control legislation on the table. Also saw they think neigborhood watch groups should register.....WHAT THE HELL FOR? If my neighbors and I decide to keep an eye out for something suspicious so be it!

THEY have to regulate and control everything.... gots to be in control....

Doc44

marchboom
04-03-2012, 09:42
The dems have to show that they care about the people...or at least give that impression.

But notice that the dems NEVER go after making the punishment for the criminal stronger? Guess they don't want to piss off their voting base.