George Zimmerman Video Shows Little Evidence of a Broken Nose, Doctor Claim [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : George Zimmerman Video Shows Little Evidence of a Broken Nose, Doctor Claim

DOC44
04-03-2012, 06:51
Why publish a dr.'s diagnosis based on a video made less than a hour after the incident. I got a novel idea... lets look at the examining dr.'s medical report. If that is not to be released now these wannabe experts need to stop giving opinions based on fuzzy videos.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-case-doctor-sees-evidence-george-zimmerman/t/story?id=16055412

Doc44

JFrame
04-03-2012, 06:58
Geez...Ken Norton broke Ali's jaw in one of their fights, and over the course of that 12-rounder, you couldn't actually see that Ali's jaw was broken -- and that was with T.V. reception and coverage far better than the police surveillance video.

Who are these MSM clowns trying to fool?

Cavalry Doc
04-03-2012, 08:45
Quack alert, looking for 15 minutes of fame.

Bren
04-03-2012, 09:08
Why publish a dr.'s diagnosis based on a video made less than a hour after the incident. I got a novel idea... lets look at the examining dr.'s medical report. If that is not to be released now these wannabe experts need to stop giving opinions based on fuzzy videos.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-case-doctor-sees-evidence-george-zimmerman/t/story?id=16055412

Doc44

I recall that the original report was that Zimmerman told the police Martin "busted" his nose. Not sure if that means something different in California or new York, but in the south it just means you hit a person in the nose and probably made it bleed. The statement using the word "broken" was second-hand from his lawyer, as far as I've seen. It may have been a mistake in understanding or in repeating.

Goaltender66
04-03-2012, 09:10
Isn't it an ethics violation to offer a firm diagnosis without a physical examination?

JFrame
04-03-2012, 09:17
Isn't it an ethics violation to offer a firm diagnosis without a physical examination?

Ethics violations seem to be surrounding this story from virtually every angle... :shocked:

steve581581
04-03-2012, 09:20
Everyone's different. I've had my nose broken 3 times and you could barely tell by looking at me any of the times. Very little swelling and no bruising. The last time I had a very light yellow bruise just under my eye.

Brucev
04-03-2012, 09:30
Killers always try to find some way to talk their way out of accepting responsibility for their actions. The young man he killed had not stolen the candy and drink. He was walking back to the house talking on the phone. He didn't stalk anyone and he didn't confront anyone and enter into an altercation with anyone. But he was shot by a man who watched him, followed him and killed him. If Martin had been white and if the killer had been African-American, the responses would be entirely different. Trying to make excuses about the killer, trying to find some way to justify what he did as correct and appropriate, trying to pretend that the murdered man was at fault, etc. is just grasping at straws. Like it or not, that's just the way it is.

Lethaltxn
04-03-2012, 09:37
Killers always try to find some way to talk their way out of accepting responsibility for their actions. The young man he killed had not stolen the candy and drink. He was walking back to the house talking on the phone. He didn't stalk anyone and he didn't confront anyone and enter into an altercation with anyone. But he was shot by a man who watched him, followed him and killed him. If Martin had been white and if the killer had been African-American, the responses would be entirely different. Trying to make excuses about the killer, trying to find some way to justify what he did as correct and appropriate, trying to pretend that the murdered man was at fault, etc. is just grasping at straws. Like it or not, that's just the way it is.

You were there? You should really give your statement to the authorities.

Detectorist
04-03-2012, 09:44

There was some type of altercation, wasn't there? Or did Zimmerman break his own nose and caused the gash on the back of his forehead by himself?

There is much evidence to support the fact that Zimmerman was far from being a racist. He had supported various Black causes and even worked on some of them.

To simplify and say that he followed the kid and killed him may be an oversimplification of things.

We can do 'what-ifs' all day long. What if Zimmerman were a white female weighing maybe 100lbs? Would we be talking about this?

Bren
04-04-2012, 04:32
You were there? You should really give your statement to the authorities.

No, he wasn't there, he's just fired up from hanging out at Democratic Underground, so he's back here with a very typical post - a strict left-wing opinion, with no facts or argument to back it up.

Cavalry Doc
04-04-2012, 04:40

Assuming anything about this case is probably not the smartest course of action. None of us know exactly what happened in the time between when they both became aware of each other and the moment the trigger was pulled. The media has been compliant in the racist narrative and actively distorting the truth about this case. I don't know if there is a good guy or not in this shooting. But I do know that the media has edited audio and video to lie about some details.

Best bet, wait for the important details, then figure out if you actually support either of these guys, or neither.

Oh, and killers don't "always" try to talk their way out of responsibility. I've seen guys get medals for killing people. It depends on if the rules were followed.

Fred Hansen
04-04-2012, 04:49
George Zimmerman Video Shows Little Evidence of a Broken Nose, Doctor Claim Sounds like someone is auditioning to be Obama's next Surgeon General.

Just1More
04-04-2012, 06:40
This guy had a broken nose, but it's impossible to tell from a grainy picture.

http://www.hilaryshepherd.com/rantsnraves/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/geraldo-rivera-broken-nose-1988.jpg

DOC44
04-04-2012, 07:28
This guy had a broken nose, but it's impossible to tell from a grainy picture.

http://www.hilaryshepherd.com/rantsnraves/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/geraldo-rivera-broken-nose-1988.jpg

well it certainly improved his face value.

Doc44

Mister_Beefy
04-04-2012, 14:12
video was shot after zimmerman had received first aid.

possible explanation for the lack of blood.

it is ironic that so many black people are so willing and eager to join a lynch mob.

series1811
04-04-2012, 14:26
I will take up for Zimmerman on this one. I had my nose pretty badly broken while boxing. You couldn't tell then, and you can't tell now, except for my deviated septum, and the most intense pain I think I had ever experienced.

IGotIt
04-04-2012, 14:30
The media, grasping at anything to keep the fires burning whether it be the truth or not.

walt cowan
04-05-2012, 07:22
liquor stores will be looted, big screen t.v.'s will be stolen, department and shoe stores will be plundered and property will burn. the white man will be blamed and days later will be asked for help.

Bren
04-05-2012, 09:19
it is ironic that so many black people are so willing and eager to join a lynch mob.

On this rare occasion, I agree with you.

Mister_Beefy
04-05-2012, 22:51
On this rare occasion, I agree with you.

:cheers:

walt cowan
04-06-2012, 06:54
i remember my father and his friends doing fire watch in baltimore durring the party of 68 (aka king wake). never seen so many firearms in my life. even the maryland n.g. stayed out of our hood. the only thing that burned in our hood was a over cooked crab cake. good times!