Gun Purse Review: GTM-0020 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun Purse Review: GTM-0020

Emoore
04-03-2012, 08:22
Several months ago I bought myself a Christmas Gift in the form of a http://www.guntotenmamas.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=GTM0020.

Mine is the tan one that looks like this:

http://www.2ndamendmentstuff.com/images/1313202898876-509048823.jpeg

Thoughts:
- cross-body carry *with* the steel cable running through the shoulder strap. These two features make it much harder to steal my purse

-Cross-body carry also makes it comfortable to keep the purse on me when sitting at a restaurant or at someone's house.

- I usually carry on the strong side, right in front of the hip. This way the holster area is directly in front of my drawing hand. I can unzip the gun compartment and even slip my hand in if I feel the need

- I'm carrying a Kahr PM40. Anything bigger than that wouldn't fit. A baby Glock will not fit.

- Zippers on both sides allow me to carry and draw on either side.

- Easy to maintain. The leather is nice and supple and so far I've spilled coffee on it twice. I just wiped it down with the same leather oil/cleaner I use for my boots and it came out good as new.

- The cell phone pocket is comical. I think it was designed when everyone was carrying the original Motorola Razr. No way my Galaxy S2 is fitting in there. I use the pocket for gum.

- I'm philosophically opposed to purse-carry, but with some outfits I was just having to leave my gun at home because I didn't have a good way to conceal, even with the roughly 8,472 holsters I own. This purse is nice for those occasions. Plus, with the cross-body configuration it's not nearly as "off-body" as a handbag.

- I hate the goofy useless cell phone pocket but I turn it around so that's facing me and the plain leather side is facing out. It looks like a nice classy leather purse that way.

- Besides my pistol, it holds: checkbook-sized wallet, mini hair-brush, mini-mag light, mini-multi-tool, assorted change, and my Galaxy S2 in the side zipper pocket, gum and car keys in the cell phone pocket.

- When I carry on-body and there's no pistol in the purse, it holds a lot more.

ithaca_deerslayer
04-05-2012, 09:14
Looking at that pic, the goofy cell phone pocket would be a good place for a speedloader :)

Can you fit a spare PM40 mag in there?

Emoore
04-05-2012, 20:42
Looking at that pic, the goofy cell phone pocket would be a good place for a speedloader :)

Can you fit a spare PM40 mag in there?

Probably, I'll try it tomorrow. Then I'll have to find a new spot for my gum and keys. :whistling:

Mrs Mink
04-13-2012, 14:42
Nice bag! I have a Smith and Wesson hammerless that would fit nicely!

Karen