So sick of "don't tres on me" stickers, flags, patches, etc... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So sick of "don't tres on me" stickers, flags, patches, etc...

greentriple
04-03-2012, 15:21
I just want to step on the F-ing snakes head, pull to my knife and cut that puppy off!

No tread, just dead....

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Angry Fist
04-03-2012, 15:22
Why? :dunno: It was one of our first flags, and holds a lot of meaning to a lot of people.

Lethaltxn
04-03-2012, 15:22
I just want to step on the F-ing snakes head, pull to my knife and cut that puppy off!

No tread, just dead....

Never seen a "don't tres on me" sticker. What do they look like?

Brasso
04-03-2012, 15:24
I would say that these stickers are due to the fact that our current government would rip the Bill of Rights out of the Constitution like a giddy schoolgirl if it could.

Got a problem with freedom?

Wil Ufgood
04-03-2012, 15:28

No tread, just dead....

http://gawker.com/assets/resources/2008/01/garaf.JPG

greentriple
04-03-2012, 15:32
"tread" damn iPad!

You could not find the BOR if it rolled into a snake and bit you on the *****. Now I could be wrong, but unless you are unhappily with limits to the 4th, 5th and 6th.

greentriple
04-03-2012, 15:33
http://gawker.com/assets/resources/2008/01/garaf.JPG

Your Avatar does you more justice. Don't ever post a self portrait again, please.

Chuck TX
04-03-2012, 15:34

Not sure. They upset liberals, apparently, can't be all bad.

JBnTX
04-03-2012, 15:35

No tread, just dead....

I feel the same way about those "Ron Paul 2012" signs.

Ruble Noon
04-03-2012, 15:44

A mexican version of the Gadsden flag?

Lethaltxn
04-03-2012, 15:48
"tread" damn iPad!

You could not find the BOR if it rolled into a snake and bit you on the *****. Now I could be wrong, but unless you are unhappily with limits to the 4th, 5th and 6th.

You shouldn't drink so much.

greentriple
04-03-2012, 15:49
A mexican version of the Gadsden flag?

How did you know I am American-Mexican? :-)

RC-RAMIE
04-03-2012, 15:51

Of course they both represent liberty we know how feel about that.

Ruble Noon
04-03-2012, 15:52
How did you know I am American-Mexican? :-)

I consulted my magic 8 ball.

Javelin
04-03-2012, 15:54

Yep. You just stay over there in Ft Worth....

:tongueout:

brickboy240
04-03-2012, 15:55
Would you rather see more Obama 2012 stickers, instead?

I have the Gasden Flag on the rear window of my lifted Tundra...feel free to try to rip it off. Hope you have health care! LOL

- brickboy240

Mrs. Tink
04-03-2012, 15:59
"tread" damn iPad!

I wonder if you could rephrase or rewrite this. As it sits I have NO idea what you are trying to say here. :rollingeyes:

rhikdavis
04-03-2012, 16:00
I saw a Hillary for Prez bumper sticker today. Now that's a scary sight.

greentriple
04-03-2012, 16:01
Would you rather see more Obama 2012 stickers, instead?

I have the Gasden Flag on the rear window of my lifted Tundra...feel free to try to rip it off. Hope you have health care! LOL

- brickboy240

Brickbrain oops, I mean "boy", sure, with ur permission. Can I borrow your nail file, and some of your hairspray?

greentriple
04-03-2012, 16:01
And bric, just incase I need to clarify, your beauty products are for the sticker.

Lone Wolf8634
04-03-2012, 16:02
I wonder if you could rephrase or rewrite this. As it sits I have NO idea what you are trying to say here. :rollingeyes:

I'm guessing, neither does he......:supergrin:

acg8276
04-03-2012, 16:03
Our forefathers had there own tea party, why can't modern folks.

http://www.cafepress.com/+gadsden_dont_tread_sticker_rectangle,414215237

Angry Fist
04-03-2012, 16:05
So, what else are you sick of?

Lone Wolf8634
04-03-2012, 16:07
Sobriety, apparently.

brickboy240
04-03-2012, 16:08
What is your beef with the Gasden flag and what it represents?

greentriple
04-03-2012, 16:08

Sure, fore the cheap seats.

BOR = Bill of Rights

The snake reference hardens back to my original post regarding the "don't tread (tres) on me" post and the responders post. That is the BOR is un known to that poster even if it were to turn into the aforementioned snake and place it's fangs into his or her rear-end.

The possibility of error is that I could be wrong about said person, and their outrage at restrictions on the 4th- (hell)8th Amendments could establish my shortsightedness.

Mrs. Tink
04-03-2012, 16:14
Sure, fore the cheap seats.

BOR = Bill of Rights

The snake reference hardens back to my original post regarding the "don't tread (tres) on me" post and the responders post. That is the BOR is un known to that poster even if it were to turn into the aforementioned snake and place it's fangs into his or her rear-end.

The possibility of error is that I could be wrong about said person, and their outrage at restrictions on the 4th- (hell)8th Amendments could establish my shortsightedness.

I love the cheap seats. You can see what everyone else is doing in addition to the stage. :tongueout:

So I don't know how much you hang out in GTPI, but by and large there has been something of an awakening as to the government's increasing disregard of the Constitution and how our free exercise of the rights ensconced in the BOR (which I did know meant Bill of Rights) is being curtailed.

I think people are uncertain as to why you have such contempt of the Gadsden flag (i.e. the Don't Tread on Me flag). Secondarily, how is this contempt related to your advocacy of a return to liberty? Most people see the Gadsden flag as a symbol of such liberty.

greentriple
04-03-2012, 16:15
Our forefathers had there own tea party, why can't modern folks.

http://www.cafepress.com/+gadsden_dont_tread_sticker_rectangle,414215237

Taxation without representation is quite different to modern complaints. In fact, not only do you have representation, but you have the ability to publicly air your discontent with the government, something our forefathers did not.

My issue (not sobriety, although on Friday and Saturday e endings I tend to ignore her), with said flag is the NUT that seem to rally behind its false ideology without truly thinking what they are spewing. Even our sacred founding fathers understood there had to be regulation on freedoms, less radical interest groups could put the screws to reasonable citizens. I suggest reading the Federalist Papers. And looking at the idea of Factions, or interest group liberalism in its modern term.

acg8276
04-03-2012, 16:16
Or their outrage at the Tea Party?

brickboy240
04-03-2012, 16:18
Don't like the stickers...don't look at them. Simple enough.

I don't like Obama 2012 stickers but I am not going to go around taking them off cars or even threatening to do so.

People have the right to put whatever they want on their car...it is their car and they payed or it. Nobody else should have the right to deface someone else's property just because they don't like how it appears.

You really don't understand this whole "liberty" thing...do you?

Wil Ufgood
04-03-2012, 16:19
Taxation without representation is quite different to modern complaints. In fact, not only do you have representation, but you have the ability to publicly air your discontent with the government, something our forefathers did not.

My issue (not sobriety, although on Friday and Saturday e endings I tend to ignore her), with said flag is the NUT that seem to rally behind its false ideology without truly thinking what they are spewing. Even our sacred founding fathers understood there had to be regulation on freedoms, less radical interest groups could put the screws to reasonable citizens. I suggest reading the Federalist Papers. And looking at the idea of Factions, or interest group liberalism in its modern term.

http://i.qkme.me/352v4u.jpg

acg8276
04-03-2012, 16:24

Yes to this, it seems our holier than thou responder thinks the first amendment of the constituition only works for him.

greentriple
04-03-2012, 16:30
I love the cheap seats. You can see what everyone else is doing in addition to the stage. :tongueout:

So I don't know how much you hang out in GTPI, but by and large there has been something of an awakening as to the government's increasing disregard of the Constitution and how our free exercise of the rights ensconced in the BOR (which I did know meant Bill of Rights) is being curtailed.

I think people are uncertain as to why you have such contempt of the Gadsden flag (i.e. the Don't Tread on Me flag). Secondarily, how is this contempt related to your advocacy of a return to liberty? Most people see the Gadsden flag as a symbol of such liberty.

Mrs. Tink, well said, however I do not agree that there is an increase in the disregard for the Constitution by this government that sets it aside from prior administrations. I would agree that the Federal powers have increasingly moved into the roles designated to the States, but I would argue this is due to the states failures and the the danger of inequality across our Republic as the differences between Mississippi and Washington or Michigan and California create disparate treatment for Americans.

Symbols like the Gadsden flag allow people to listen to rhetoric and act from emotion, superstition and fear rather than reason.

The Right and the Left has done an excellent job at dividing us as Americans on ideological lines that most have lost sight of what we as a nation stand for. Of why people from around the globe want to come here. They have focused us on black and white, rich and poor, liberal and conservative, believer and non- believer and set us upon each other.

It is the plurality of America that makes us great, the once bastion of a Free Market of ideas, a Nation where Free Speech, divergent religious beliefs and the right of each and every person to peruse his or her version of Happiness was fostered.

Now we draw lines in the sand about gays getting married, or weather a "white man" killed in self-defense or if Barack Obama is a Christian. The political machine feeds on this and our popular media makes millions on our feeds and by fomenting division and discord.

greentriple
04-03-2012, 16:39

I don't like Obama 2012 stickers but I am not going to go around taking them off cars or even threatening to do so.

People have the right to put whatever they want on their car...it is their car and they payed or it. Nobody else should have the right to deface someone else's property just because they don't like how it appears.

Boy-o, I was responding to your tough-guy invitation. Read your own post. Yes, you have the right to stick any type of propaganda on your lifted Tacoma.

greentriple
04-03-2012, 16:41

No, the first is not mine alone as evidenced by your post. I'm just responding to you. If the oven is hot...

Angry Fist
04-03-2012, 16:46

Hey now, there was that guy who, through economics, was forced to scale back his workforce. And so he walked out in the parking lot, and fired everyone with an obama bumper sticker. They were part of his problem after all.... :whistling: :supergrin: :patriot:

Wil Ufgood
04-03-2012, 16:47
No, the first is not mine alone as evidenced by your post. I'm just responding to you. If the oven is hot...

deje de fumar tanta grieta :rofl:

greentriple
04-03-2012, 17:05
deje de fumar tanta grieta :rofl:

Really, is that all u have?

G17Jake
04-03-2012, 17:07

No tread, just dead....

Perhaps you are too unstable to be carrying a knife?

bowtie454
04-03-2012, 17:25
Personally I'm sick of people *****ing about what other people wear, drive, watch, do, etc. Live and let live, the world doesn't revolve around you.

jtull7
04-03-2012, 17:28
My karma ran over my dogma.

acg8276
04-03-2012, 17:30
Reminds me of a Hank Jr. tune. Anyone know it?

http://www.mp3lyrics.org/h/hank-williams-jr/coalition/

CharlestonG26
04-03-2012, 17:34
What is your beef with the Gasden flag and what it represents?

Actually, it is the Gadsden flag...the first flag carried into battle by Marines during the American Revolution.

Pershaps the OP does not understand the history of this American symbol.

Lethaltxn
04-03-2012, 17:48
Actually, it is the Gadsden flag...the first flag carried into battle by Marines during the American Revolution.

Pershaps the OP does not understand the history of this American symbol.

OP probably doesn't care.