Why Mitt May Actually Rally Voters. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Why Mitt May Actually Rally Voters.

Restless28
04-03-2012, 17:28
Because the more that Obama talks, the more that voters will vote against him and will vote for Mitt. Hell, if he keeps it up, Mitt may wipe the floor with him like Nixon did in '72.

I uses to think A.B.O. was silly, but Mitt sure looks good to me now.

KING-PIN
04-03-2012, 17:33
Because the more that Obama talks, the more that voters will vote against him and will vote for Mitt. Hell, if he keeps it up, Mitt may wipe the floor with him like Nixon did in '72.

On the other hand, the more he talks, the more he gasses up his people.

I'm preparing for him to stay with us another 4 years, but I'm hoping and praying he doesn't.

Most of his voters are still out there and still dumb as a box of rocks so I have this horrible feeling he's not going anywhere.

lancesorbenson
04-03-2012, 20:44
I've still yet to meet an actual Mitt Romney supporter. I also find it strange that on a fairly conservative message board like this, I haven't seen really anyone who supports the man who presumably will be the Republican presidential candidate--beyond the ABO reasoning that is.

DOC44
04-03-2012, 21:16
I have been listening to his speeches tonight after the primaries. I don't think there is any way Romney can beat obama in the gereral.

Doc44

JK-linux
04-03-2012, 21:53

KING-PIN
04-03-2012, 22:38
I have been listening to his speeches tonight after the primaries. I don't think there is any way Romney can beat obama in the gereral.

Doc44

Nope. It won't happen.

Romney simply doesn't have the support to beat Obama. I don't think that Obamacare being overturned will make much difference either, if any.

walt cowan
04-04-2012, 07:21
after stomping the voters into the ground thru open and bold face election fraud, the gop thinks that "anyone but obama" is the only choice we have. not so. without paul supporters, barry will take nov.2 by storm. the gop is dead and stinking. thank god!

GAFinch
04-04-2012, 13:43
There are two strategies to winning an election. You can attract a majority of moderate voters to vote for you, which Clinton did successfully. You can also fire up your base and get 10-20% of the tens of millions of people who don't actually bother voting to actually get out there and vote, which Bush did with evangelicals in 2000 and Obama did with blacks in 2008. As Santorum has pointed out recently, though, is that the moderate strategy hasn't unseated an incumbent Democrat in 120 years. It's easy for a sitting president to delay both bad economic figures and thorny foreign policy issues for a few months until after an election, particularly if an ends-justifies-the-means/moral relativism philosophy reduces their guilt in causing any negative outcomes from their decisions.

For moderates/independents who get their limited news exposure solely from nightly news at dinnertime or from CNN while at the gym, they hold neutral/agnostic views on many issues. For many of them, it ends up being the economic status, political affairs status, and quality of speeches made within a month or two of a vote that sway their decisions. Based on that, it's hard to predict how an election will turn out ahead of time. Given a choice between two non-moderates, however, they're forced to re-examine their position on issues and the majority of independents who naturally lean right will likely vote for the Republican.

evlbruce
04-05-2012, 07:57
Negative advertising and poor performance are good for suppressing voter turnout. Given that 0's voters aren't haven't balked at his miserable performance to date I don't see many more staying home barring major folly on the campaign trail.

Mittens problem is that he has no positive draw, and has only shown himself to be less inspiring and charismatic as the race trudges on. I don't see moderates, conservatives, or anyone else flocking to the polls to vote for Mittens on election day.

From what I've been reading Team 0 plans run the most unscrupulously negative political campaign since Johnson, and I think it will work.

Glock30Eric
04-05-2012, 08:15
We should have fixed the problems in WH long ago to prevent this situation. However, we came to the point at this time: Ron Paul or Obama.

Many of GOPers doesn't want to bring Ron Paul in the race and therefore they going to reap for what they have sown. It is time for the GOP to put into an end.

We need Obama to revival the America's spirit otherwise we have sank. The America's future rest on each of you.

brickboy240
04-05-2012, 10:24
Not gonna happen.

Obama has his media machine in full mode right now. They are brainwashing the sheeple that the high gas prices are not his fault and that Obama has pulled America back from some sort of abyss.

Wait until Mittens gets the official nod as GOP candidate....then the really long knives will come out. Big media will portray him as "out of touch" and the 1% and so on. They might even stoop so low as to go after Mormons...you name it. They will be pulling out all the stops.

Anyone that thinks that Mittens will landslide Obama or even win in a 2000-like squeaker is dreaming.

- brickboy240

G19G20
04-05-2012, 11:12

You sure are schizophrenic about your candidate choices. You went from Ron Paul to Santorum and now Romney "sure looks good" now. Strange.

svtpwnz
04-05-2012, 11:17
This country is in a very sad, self absorbed state of affairs right now. A huge majority of the population is that of "what's in it for me" and the baby boomers with their "don't **** with my medicade/medicare gimmie more" mentality. It is so sad what the citizens have turned this once great republic into.

There are several major problems contributing to this. One is that people either don't pay attention or simply do not care to learn of their elected officials and what direction they want to lead this nation towards. They just want what they want and hell with everyone else. So, political leaders feed them what they want to hear.

I feel there is no turning back from the direction we are headed and this is pretty much as good as it gets. Gloomy I know but these are the facts. The ONLY way out of this is for true conservitives to stand up and run for political offices, otherwise, you just keep getting more of the same. The liberals have to be steam rolled and run out completely, PERIOD, and I don't see that happening anytime in the forseeable future. They only way to accomplish this is to educate your children, family and friends and keep educating non stop.

If we ever get out of this liberal life sucking hole we are currently in, it will take several generations to do so. So, hang in there and stand firm against these bastards! As for the election in november, I feel Romney has very little chance given his liberal record on 2A and Government healthcare. Not a very strong conservative in my book. I will not be voting for him in November, I will be voting against Obama and that is a really sad way to run your political campaign!

maxsnafu
04-05-2012, 11:41
If Mitt loses, what message will the GOP get from that? Anything? Will they put two and two together and nominate a Conservative next time? I think the honchos in the GOP will say "We just didn't get our message out" and it will be business as usual with another RINO nominated next go around. The GOP is a lost cause, Democrat-lite.

svtpwnz
04-05-2012, 11:45
If Mitt loses, what message will the GOP get from that? Anything? Will they put two and two together and nominate a Conservative next time? I think the honchos in the GOP will say "We just didn't get our message out" and it will be business as usual with another RINO nominated next go around. The GOP is a lost cause, Democrat-lite.

Bingo!

creaky
04-05-2012, 12:17

Do you really want four more years of the Indonesian muslim? I know I don't.

Javelin
04-05-2012, 12:20
Can anyone really believe anything that comes out of Mitten's mouth?

The guy is a liar over and over and over again. Like a car salesman he will tell you anything you want to hear to get what he wants.

IMO Mittens is a loser.

Javelin
04-05-2012, 12:22

The Republican party is becoming very comfortable moving Left. They wear the Conservative ideology as a costume. It's pathetic!

brickboy240
04-05-2012, 13:29
The "honchos" at RNC HQ are not real conservatives.

doubt it?

Well, then why do they keep throwing up such weak and mushy moderate candidates?

The "honchos" are perfecly happy, being a minority party that opposes the Democrats now and then but does not really change or reform a damn thing. They don't want to ruffle TOO many feathers or lead the way on true reforms that will save what we know as America. Those things might cause people to get real angry and maybe call them names! LOL

They use the Tea Party and the banner of conservatism every now and then to win a few mid term elections, but put it all away when it comes time for presidential elections or making hard decisions.

When they held the presidency and both houses (...and a fairly right leaning Supreme Court) what did they do? reform the tax code? Ditch the Federal Reserve? Secure the borders? Balance the budget? Nope. In reality....they did almost next to nothing.

If true conservatives or Tea Party types REALLY ran the GOP, you would NEVER see candidates like Dole, McCain or Romney....ever. Many on the left actually think that the Tea Party runs the GOP but they are delusional.

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that Ronald Reagan was a total fluke. That he, like Obama, squeaked by and slipped in but should never have gotten where they did.

The "honchos" of the GOP also love it when a social conservative like Santorum gets up there and spouts all sorts of religious nonsense. That means that a large number of people will surely be turned off of the candidate and less of a chance of winning and having to lead. They are not conservative on the social end of the spectrum, either.

The GOP/RNC honchos are a miserable bunch of weasels without spines that want to collect their checks and enjoy the benefits that go with being DC electorate but not have to lead or make hard decisions.

Where we all go with this party from here is anybody's guess. The reforms that would need to happen are huge and maybe not possible, to get the party truly conservative on a fiscal scale.

- brickboy240

Restless28
04-06-2012, 05:52

doubt it?

Well, then why do they keep throwing up such weak and mushy moderate candidates?

The "honchos" are perfecly happy, being a minority party that opposes the Democrats now and then but does not really change or reform a damn thing. They don't want to ruffle TOO many feathers or lead the way on true reforms that will save what we know as America. Those things might cause people to get real angry and maybe call them names! LOL

They use the Tea Party and the banner of conservatism every now and then to win a few mid term elections, but put it all away when it comes time for presidential elections or making hard decisions.

When they held the presidency and both houses (...and a fairly right leaning Supreme Court) what did they do? reform the tax code? Ditch the Federal Reserve? Secure the borders? Balance the budget? Nope. In reality....they did almost next to nothing.

If true conservatives or Tea Party types REALLY ran the GOP, you would NEVER see candidates like Dole, McCain or Romney....ever. Many on the left actually think that the Tea Party runs the GOP but they are delusional.

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that Ronald Reagan was a total fluke. That he, like Obama, squeaked by and slipped in but should never have gotten where they did.

The "honchos" of the GOP also love it when a social conservative like Santorum gets up there and spouts all sorts of religious nonsense. That means that a large number of people will surely be turned off of the candidate and less of a chance of winning and having to lead. They are not conservative on the social end of the spectrum, either.

The GOP/RNC honchos are a miserable bunch of weasels without spines that want to collect their checks and enjoy the benefits that go with being DC electorate but not have to lead or make hard decisions.

Where we all go with this party from here is anybody's guess. The reforms that would need to happen are huge and maybe not possible, to get the party truly conservative on a fiscal scale.

- brickboy240

Reagan a fluke?! Put down that GD Ron Paul KoolAid and read your history. The end of the Cold War? Fluke? Busting the ATC union when threatened? Fluke? Historic tax cuts? Fluke? Rebound in the economy, that continued up to the Bush 43 era? Fluke?

You have got to stop believing what ever the Ronulans parrot. Look at all sided of the issue, not just what you want to believe.

Restless28
04-06-2012, 05:54

doubt it?

- brickboy240

Can anyone really believe anything that comes out of Mitten's mouth?

The guy is a liar over and over and over again. Like a car salesman he will tell you anything you want to hear to get what he wants.

IMO Mittens is a loser.

No, America is a loser if Obama wins. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face. It is what it is this election.

Restless28
04-06-2012, 05:56
You sure are schizophrenic about your candidate choices. You went from Ron Paul to Santorum and now Romney "sure looks good" now. Strange.

Actually, I saw the writing on the wall. This election is what it is. Vote NO on Hope and Change.

The Machinist
04-06-2012, 06:09
Actually, I saw the writing on the wall. This election is what it is. Vote NO on Hope and Change.
Of course I'm voting no on "hope and change". I'm also voting no on the gun-banning architect of Obamacare.

maxsnafu
04-06-2012, 07:17
Do you really want four more years of the Indonesian muslim? I know I don't.

Of course not. I want radical change. Trouble is, Romney is incremental change. With him we continue our drift to the Left and insolvency only more slowly. This country simply hasn't the time to fart around with the likes of an East Coast RINO who will do NOTHING to turn this nation around. If simply dumping Obama is the goal then Romney's your guy but it's going to take a lot more than that to fix the nation. Romney doesn't have what it takes.

bear62
04-06-2012, 07:30
I will vote against Obama....... but I believe he will still win by a substantial margin. The country has steadily been drifting to the left for a long time. As a right leaning conservative I very much in the minority......:faint:

evlbruce
04-06-2012, 07:53
Reagan a fluke?! Put down that GD Ron Paul KoolAid and read your history. The end of the Cold War? Fluke? Busting the ATC union when threatened? Fluke? Historic tax cuts? Fluke? Rebound in the economy, that continued up to the Bush 43 era? Fluke?

You have got to stop believing what ever the Ronulans parrot. Look at all sided of the issue, not just what you want to believe.

Ike, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush I, Bush II. One of these presidents is not like the others. Reagan was a fluke in that the RNC didn't Goldwater his presidential run.
No, America is a loser if Obama wins. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face. It is what it is this election.
America gets a loser either way. The vote this year is between a potential eight year loser or guarantee the current loser's term will end in four.

Gundude
04-06-2012, 12:18
Actually, I saw the writing on the wall. This election is what it is. Vote NO on Hope and Change.Basically got beaten into submission by the establishment, huh?

Every election will be what it is. If you take what they give you, you can expect a bigger helping of the same crap, or worse, next time around.

G19G20
04-06-2012, 18:31

So, in other words, you have no personal conservative idealogy and only vote for whoever you think is winning at the moment.

The Paul supporters libertarian conservative idealogy is clear. Santorum supporters have a social conservative idealogy. Romney stands for absolutely nothing. You have claimed to support each one at different points in this nominating season. Im sure the media and the GOP elite love you since you're so easily led around.

Btw, Romney isn't rallying anything and will lose as badly as McCain did. 1 in 5 voters have already said they won't vote for a Mormon. Muslims, hispanics or any other minority will NOT vote for Romney. The only votes Romney will receive are white older rank-and-file GOP types and corporate interests that Obama isn't currently serving. He's dead in the water and that's why the GOP and media is pushing him.

Cavalry Doc
04-06-2012, 19:56

Mitt's never looked good to me. But Barry has always looked much worse than ANY of the republican candidates..

I didn't make the ticket this time, so no one that agrees with me 100% of the time made the list.

Cavalry Doc
04-06-2012, 20:02
So, in other words, you have no personal conservative idealogy and only vote for whoever you think is winning at the moment.

The Paul supporters libertarian conservative idealogy is clear. Santorum supporters have a social conservative idealogy. Romney stands for absolutely nothing. You have claimed to support each one at different points in this nominating season. Im sure the media and the GOP elite love you since you're so easily led around.

Btw, Romney isn't rallying anything and will lose as badly as McCain did. 1 in 5 voters have already said they won't vote for a Mormon. Muslims, hispanics or any other minority will NOT vote for Romney. The only votes Romney will receive are white older rank-and-file GOP types and corporate interests that Obama isn't currently serving. He's dead in the water and that's why the GOP and media is pushing him.

Maybe a dose of reality is needed. I'm assuming WE aren't going to get what we wanted in a president in 2013. No one running is very attractive to me.

Pragmatists, those that can look at the situation beyond their own emotional responses to it, realize that it's better to make things better. Period. Letting things get worse, is really not an option. There is no mysterious epiphany looming if Barry drags us further down the financial rabbit hole. It's it very simply a deeper hole. That's it.

I would truly love to have a conservative choice in the Texas Primary, or in the General Election.

Oh well. It really looks like we will have a Liberal running against a Socialist. I'm voting against the Socialist. BECAUSE I am a conservative.

You do what you want, with my 100% support. We should all vote the way we want to.

GAFinch
04-06-2012, 20:29
Wait until Mittens gets the official nod as GOP candidate....then the really long knives will come out. Big media will portray him as "out of touch" and the 1% and so on. They might even stoop so low as to go after Mormons...you name it. They will be pulling out all the stops.

Anyone that thinks that Mittens will landslide Obama or even win in a 2000-like squeaker is dreaming.

- brickboy240

MSNBC already did an anti-Mormon hit piece this week. I imagine that they neglected to point out that the current Senate leader, Harry Reid, is also a Mormon.

G19G20
04-07-2012, 03:07
Maybe a dose of reality is needed. I'm assuming WE aren't going to get what we wanted in a president in 2013. No one running is very attractive to me.

Pragmatists, those that can look at the situation beyond their own emotional responses to it, realize that it's better to make things better. Period. Letting things get worse, is really not an option. There is no mysterious epiphany looming if Barry drags us further down the financial rabbit hole. It's it very simply a deeper hole. That's it.

I would truly love to have a conservative choice in the Texas Primary, or in the General Election.

Oh well. It really looks like we will have a Liberal running against a Socialist. I'm voting against the Socialist. BECAUSE I am a conservative.

You do what you want, with my 100% support. We should all vote the way we want to.

Your tone has definitely changed since 2008 CavDoc. Almost sounds a little libertarian but you can't seem to release the final links with the establishment Hegelian dialogue. Your apathy is setting in? There's only one way to cure your apathy. Voting for Romney isn't it. Obama won't lead us down the hole any more than Romney will. They both stand for the same thing. NOTHING. Socialism in a slick suit is what got Obama elected. Romney offers the same thing. Just a different tan.

If even conservative stalwarts like yourself are only reluctantly voting for Mitt in the general then OBAMA wins. No partisan bs. Just the facts.

G19G20
04-07-2012, 03:12
MSNBC already did an anti-Mormon hit piece this week. I imagine that they neglected to point out that the current Senate leader, Harry Reid, is also a Mormon.

It wasn't a mistake. Just wait till SNL gets a hold of Mormon material. Romney is toast.

bear62
04-07-2012, 07:28
It wasn't a mistake. Just wait till SNL gets a hold of Mormon material. Romney is toast.

Unfortunately...... this is true......:faint:

Narkcop
04-07-2012, 08:19
In 1980 ALL the media had Jimmy Carter (the 2nd worst president, the Kenyan is #1) winning the election. RR won by a LANDSLIDE. Don't believe everything you are told. Romney has a MUCH better chance than McCain did. SNL made fun of RR as well.