Newsweek Calls For Impeaching Supreme Court Justices If Obamacare Overturne [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Newsweek Calls For Impeaching Supreme Court Justices If Obamacare Overturne

DOC44
04-03-2012, 21:44
What rocks do these idiots crawl out from under???

http://patdollard.com/2012/04/newsweek-leftists-call-for-impeaching-supreme-court-justices-if-they-overturn-obamacare/

Doc44

JBnTX
04-03-2012, 22:20
If NewsWeek, Obama and the other liberal idiots are not careful,
they're going to piss off the Supreme Court and they'll throw the whole mess out.

Which would be a good thing.

Gunnut 45/454
04-03-2012, 22:57
JBnTX
And if the dictator in the White House doesn't watch it he might find himself in a civil war. The libetards just can't stand the fact we are still a Constitutional Republic. They would have thrown the COTUS out long ago if it wasn't for Free men standing up for it.:steamed:

janice6
04-03-2012, 23:03
I was pleasantly surprised by the comments at the end of this written trash.

evlbruce
04-03-2012, 23:27
It's Newsweek; they'll tell you your kids are smart and your spouse is pretty for $0.72 an issue.

Fred Hansen
04-03-2012, 23:31
Remember the good old days when children would just pout when they didn't get their way?

Javelin
04-03-2012, 23:37
I stopped subscribing to Newsweek years and years ago. It's a bunch of no-name trash columnists that sensationalize an issue by taking a ridiculous stance and calling it new news on old news.

Even in a long-term SHTF Newsweek isn't even fit for toilet paper.

HarleyGuy
04-04-2012, 00:21
Yeah, and I'd be willing to bet that they have a plan in mind as to how they would "replace them" too!

It's a shame that the SCOTUS has became so politicized that their decisons seem to be made by party lines/ ideology instead of the (U.S.) Constitution.

It will be interesting to see the vote on ObamaCare when its announced in June.:upeyes:

Flintlocker
04-04-2012, 00:32

Maybe the same rock as some of these guys...

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1388547

G-19
04-04-2012, 03:26
Hopefully that is a joke.

cowboywannabe
04-04-2012, 03:34
the supreme court was given their warning, now they have to try to word their decision like it was their idea.

71Commander
04-04-2012, 03:37
http://hotair.com/archives/2010/08/02/good-news-newsweek-sold-for-a-dollar/

Newsweek sold for a dollar
posted at 5:47 pm on August 2, 2010 by Allahpundit

Jon Meacham will announce his departure as editor of Newsweek magazine Monday, at the same time that The Washington Post Co. declares Dr. Sidney Harman, husband of Rep. Jane Harman (D-Calif.), winner of a bidding war for the 77-year-old newsweekly, according to sources inside the company.

certifiedfunds
04-04-2012, 06:08
JBnTX
And if the dictator in the White House doesn't watch it he might find himself in a civil war. The libetards just can't stand the fact we are still a Constitutional Republic. They would have thrown the COTUS out long ago if it wasn't for Free men standing up for it.:steamed:

:rofl:We haven't been in a Constitutional Republic for 100 years.

JFrame
04-04-2012, 06:11
Whoever spent that buck for Newsweek Corporation overpaid by about a dollar.

aircarver
04-04-2012, 06:19
It's on, cuz ....

HexHead
04-04-2012, 06:25
JBnTX

From your lips to God's ears.

QNman
04-04-2012, 06:34
OMG. It is both sad and frightening that there are literate Americans who think as this assclown thinks.

QNman
04-04-2012, 06:35
Whoever spent that buck for Newsweek Corporation overpaid by about a dollar.

:rofl:

Yup.

Glock30Eric
04-04-2012, 06:43
Honest, we are mocking at the liberals (I would do the same). However, I am speaking for us: we would call the impeachment for those SCOTUS justices if they don't repeal the Obamacare and to overrun our gun rights. It's no different. It is the fact that we are a divided nation and it doesn't look good at all.

walt cowan
04-04-2012, 06:59

http://patdollard.com/2012/04/newsweek-leftists-call-for-impeaching-supreme-court-justices-if-they-overturn-obamacare/

Doc44

the ones marked "1932".

cowboywannabe
04-04-2012, 07:57
Honest, we are mocking at the liberals (I would do the same). However, I am speaking for us: we would call the impeachment for those SCOTUS justices if they don't repeal the Obamacare and to overrun our gun rights. It's no different. It is the fact that we are a divided nation and it doesn't look good at all.

then dontcha think they oughta come over to our way of thinking?:whistling:

aircarver
04-04-2012, 08:05
then dontcha think they oughta come over to our way of thinking?:whistling:

Works for me ......

Cavalry Doc
04-04-2012, 09:25
Good luck getting that through the house :rofl:

Brucev
04-04-2012, 09:34
RE: OP. Fine. All for it. Let them impeach every single one of them. Of course the house would have to do it. The senate would only get to decide the consequences. So... the squatter's two political hacks would get impeached along with ginsberg and maybe kennedy. Excellent.

engineer151515
04-04-2012, 09:49
The argument would be who indeed is undermining the principles of the Constitution?

The President - putting forth the notion that one has to purchase insurance as a condition of citizenship - or the Supreme Court that tossed that concept into the round file in spite of having a two justice "plant"?

There is one Supreme Court justice who should be impeached - Justice Kagan, for not recusing herself from the very legislation she participated in.

Impeach Kagan!!

sbhaven
04-04-2012, 11:09
It should be noted that the author, David R. Dow, of that Newsweek/Dailybeast.com article Impeach the Supreme Court Justices If They Overturn Health-Care Law (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/04/03/impeach-the-supreme-court-justices-if-they-overturn-health-care-law.html) is the same author of the book America's Prophets: How Judicial Activism Makes America Great (http://www.acslaw.org/acsblog/all/america's-prophets%3A-how-judicial-activism-makes-america-great)
:faint:

Creatism
04-04-2012, 11:17
Very surprised by the comments, not really surprised by the article.

Typed from my iPhone.

QNman
04-04-2012, 17:59

Who's "we"? You are Russian, yes?

And it is different. If you understood how our system was set up, you'd know that. They are SUPPOSED to see whether a law fits within the confines of the COTUS. Meanwhile, we have our "wise Latina" worried that if she repals the law, children may die. Not to sound cold (as repealing the law will do no such thing), but that is not within the purview of the justices review - only whether it is or is not Constitutional.

After you learn English, you should read up on how our government works.

QNman
04-04-2012, 18:01
It should be noted that the author, David R. Dow, of that Newsweek/Dailybeast.com article Impeach the Supreme Court Justices If They Overturn Health-Care Law (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/04/03/impeach-the-supreme-court-justices-if-they-overturn-health-care-law.html) is the same author of the book America's Prophets: How Judicial Activism Makes America Great (http://www.acslaw.org/acsblog/all/america's-prophets%3A-how-judicial-activism-makes-america-great)
:faint:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You can't make this stuff up. It writes itself!

Glock30Eric
04-04-2012, 18:07
Who's "we"? You are Russian, yes?

And it is different. If you understood how our system was set up, you'd know that. They are SUPPOSED to see whether a law fits within the confines of the COTUS. Meanwhile, we have our "wise Latina" worried that if she repals the law, children may die. Not to sound cold (as repealing the law will do no such thing), but that is not within the purview of the justices review - only whether it is or is not Constitutional.

After you learn English, you should read up on how our government works.

We as gun owners and I am sure many of us are conservative (Republicans in general).

Thank you for the English note. Does that comment encourages a person to learn English?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

QNman
04-04-2012, 18:34
We as gun owners and I am sure many of us are conservative (Republicans in general).

Thank you for the English note. Does that comment encourages a person to learn English?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Let your momma encourage you. That's not my job.

I have little patience for those who sympathize with the likes of Stalin and Nazi writings.

Sam Spade
04-04-2012, 20:06
"Attorney David Dow has made a career out of defending death row inmates in Texas a state that boasts the highest number of death row executions nation-wide since 1976."

So he's probably a half-bubble off level to start with.

Cavalry Doc
04-05-2012, 05:33
"Attorney David Dow has made a career out of defending death row inmates in Texas a state that boasts the highest number of death row executions nation-wide since 1976."

So he's probably a half-bubble off level to start with.

And probably not very successful either.

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://media.dcentertainment.com/sites/default/files/files/2011/09/Rick-Perry-Calendar.jpg&sa=X&ei=5YJ9T6z1LsOq2gXMyJmEDQ&ved=0CAoQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGxCzgTUCuMNmj6IBoFK9zu2PckCQ

robertoh
04-05-2012, 07:04
Newsweek is proof positive that Journalism Schools no longer teach anything about the Constitution or Bill of Rights past the First Amendment. Everything past that is just blah,blah,blah.

series1811
04-05-2012, 08:15

No, actually, I'm not that type of sore loser. Our system of government was not set up to please everybody all of the time. It was set up with a way to settle our differences, if we would just honor that system.

Having the President get up and dishonor that system is about as bad as it gets in my book, as far as treason goes.

DonGlock26
04-05-2012, 08:31
The progressives fear the coming backlash. Good.

_

lancesorbenson
04-05-2012, 08:40
I understand and agree that this individual mandate is BS, but let's face it, we already are forced to pay for OTHER people's healthcare in the form of our money being stolen, er, withheld every paycheck. This should piss everyone off as much as Obamacare but doesn't, I guess because it's been around for a long time.

GAFinch
04-06-2012, 20:45
What's ridiculous is that Obama is saying all this while he's in the process of getting the courts to overturn the federal DOMA, which was passed by 85% of Congress. A real example of judicial activism is the unilateral overturning of state anti-sodomy laws, some of which were written 200 years ago by the Founding Fathers themselves, not overturning a one year old law that creates new government power.

certifiedfunds
04-06-2012, 22:17
What's ridiculous is that Obama is saying all this while he's in the process of getting the courts to overturn the federal DOMA, which was passed by 85% of Congress. A real example of judicial activism is the unilateral overturning of state anti-sodomy laws, some of which were written 200 years ago by the Founding Fathers themselves, not overturning a one year old law that creates new government power.

Are you really expecting intellectual honesty, consistency and honorable behavior?

Glock26z
04-07-2012, 13:01
Impeach Newsweek.