NBC "Apologizes" for Edited Zimmerman 911 Call [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NBC "Apologizes" for Edited Zimmerman 911 Call

JFrame
04-04-2012, 05:45
http://news.yahoo.com/nbc-news-regrets-editing-trayvon-shooting-call-220720073.html;_ylc=X3oDMTNudG0ycmViBF9TAzIxNDU4NjgyNzUEYWN0A21haWxfY2IEY3QDYQRpbnRsA3VzBGxhbmcDZW4t VVMEcGtnAzAxYmZlMjkzLWUwYWYtMzU2Mi04YzJiLWQ2ZjliNDE2ZGFiZgRzZWMDbWl0X3NoYXJlBHNsawNtYWlsBHRlc3QD;_yl v=3

Oops -- we're sorry...There was an "error" in the production process...

Yeah, right -- give me a break... :upeyes:

snerd
04-04-2012, 06:05
Not good enough. Comcast should do it's own investigation, and then the FCC should step in. This is serious stuff.

JFrame
04-04-2012, 06:10
Not good enough. Comcast should do it's own investigation, and then the FCC should step in. This is serious stuff.

Yup...This is like ACORN hiring their own "independent investigator" to look at allegations of fraud and criminal conduct against them. Talk about a loaded deck.

"News" services have to be held to the fire when they try to fabricate their own narrative, and condemn citizens in the process...

aircarver
04-04-2012, 06:23
Buncha people need to join Dan Rather ....

stevelyn
04-04-2012, 07:28
Unfortunately it's too late the damage is already done and an apology isn't going to calm the idiot protesters down.
NBC and the rest of the media knew what it was doing when it broadcast the half-truths, speculation-as-fact and out-of-context audio. Their apology is just an attempt to cover their collectives asses from a civil suit.

kirgi08
04-04-2012, 07:38
Their sorry for getting caught................. .'08.

Chesafreak
04-04-2012, 07:47
I just posted a link to this news release on a friend's Facebook page and reminded him why its not good to swallow what the media feeds you without investigating and forming your own opinion. My freind had basically jumped on the "hang Zimmerman" bandwagon after reading a few news headlines. He's a liberal idiot anyway and will just come up with his own justification. He has already justified the two youts that pulled the man from his car and beat him with a hammer as revenge for Trayvon.

JFrame
04-04-2012, 07:53
He's a liberal idiot anyway and will just come up with his own justification. He has already justified the two youts that pulled the man from his car and beat him with a hammer as revenge for Trayvon.

Man -- that takes some serious rationalizing to come up with that kind of logic... :shocked:

Skyhook
04-04-2012, 07:53
Unfortunately it's too late the damage is already done and an apology isn't going to calm the idiot protesters down.
NBC and the rest of the media knew what it was doing when it broadcast the half-truths, speculation-as-fact and out-of-context audio. Their apology is just an attempt to cover their collectives asses from a civil suit.

There's LIABILITY to consider.

Folks who have been hurt (white 50 y/o beat with hammer), and those about to be hurt could be well advised- if they survive- to sue the hell out of any media which can be proven to fan the flames of hatred.

Hate crimes and civil unrest are being driven by the lowest of the low specimens we can flush from the mud. We need to drain that swamp.:steamed:

maxsnafu
04-04-2012, 09:45
I just posted a link to this news release on a friend's Facebook page and reminded him why its not good to swallow what the media feeds you without investigating and forming your own opinion. My freind had basically jumped on the "hang Zimmerman" bandwagon after reading a few news headlines. He's a liberal idiot anyway and will just come up with his own justification. He has already justified the two youts that pulled the man from his car and beat him with a hammer as revenge for Trayvon.

I wish someone would write a smartphone app that would, in real time, tell inner city "youths" where large concentrations of unarmed Liberals were.

Cambo
04-04-2012, 12:26

Your friend would likely be on his knees in front of such attackers, begging them to end his life. At least, I would hope so.

Kfall
04-04-2012, 12:33
Those responsible for the "editing" should be charged with trying to incite a riot.

Lethaltxn
04-04-2012, 12:45
Man -- that takes some serious rationalizing to come up with that kind of logic... :shocked:

Mental disease.

brickboy240
04-04-2012, 12:45
This is much like the media's trying to connect the Tuscon shooter to the Tea Party. This is a pattern they seem to have taken a shine to.

They put out the disinformation to whip up such a storm that if they actually have to withdraw or sheepishly apologize for their actions...it will be too late. The frenzy they were hoping for will already be out there making much more noise than any "investigation" or "apology" will ever do.

This is the pattern they have picked and mostly because it works so well. Plan on seeing it used over and over...especially as we near the Nov election.

-brickboy240

sbhaven
04-04-2012, 12:52
Interesting how NBC doesn't appear to apologize to the person they insinuated was making a negative racial statement when they edited that 911 call rather they apologize to their viewers. :upeyes:

brickboy240
04-04-2012, 14:23
Because in the end....NBC really does not care.

They got what they wanted out of it and moved on.

- brickboy240

robertoh
04-06-2012, 16:37
Did NBC apologize to Zimmerman,----I don't think so. NBC and the rest of the alphabet Networks have really stepped in the poo with this one.

Cavalry Doc
04-06-2012, 20:10
Because in the end....NBC really does not care.

They got what they wanted out of it and moved on.

- brickboy240

And if there were justice in this case, it appears that Zimmerman's Grandchildren should be living off of the proceeds from his lawsuit against NBC.

When you intentionally lie in order to injure another, there should be consequences.

GAFinch
04-06-2012, 20:33
Last I've heard, NBC has not issued a public apology on any of its networks or websites. If any of their audience gets their news solely from NBC, they have not seen the apology.

G22Dude
04-06-2012, 21:10
I'm sure we'll hear calls to leave them alone since they've apologized. At no point will anyone speak of the damage that was done. Do these idiots really think that a mistake was made that so precisely changed the meaning of the statements made. Really!!

They have no respect for us. They give out these half hearted apologies and dare us to not accept it. They have no regard for us

stsai465
04-06-2012, 22:27
Has anyone here watched the Schwarzenegger movie "The Running Man"? In that movie, the main character is sent to prison due to edited video that makes what was heroic restraint into a falsified charge of mass-murder. We laughed at it because we knew such a silly scenario couldn't happen in real-life, right?

stevelyn
04-07-2012, 02:18

You need to reevaluate how you choose friends.