Glock 19 kkm precision drop in barrel [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19 kkm precision drop in barrel

GLOCKFAN1973
04-04-2012, 13:38
Has anyone had any experience using a kkm drop in match barrel,is it worth it? Are the groups really that much better and is the reliability ok

DannyR
04-04-2012, 13:56
If you are a really good shooter, your groups may be about one inch smaller at 25 yards.

barth
04-04-2012, 16:07
I have to say that posting on a gun forum to me seems somewhat problematic.
There are literally thousands of folks reading with an extreme spread of skill and experience with handguns.

So I can answer questions honestly.
With actual experiences I've had.
But even with the best intentions that may not translate.
Or worse yet even mislead.

When I think back 20 years ago I bought a S&W 629 44 Mag
and shot the crap out of it.
So much I loosened the cylinder and had to have it re-tightened by a gunsmith.
I could put 6 magnum 240 Hydra shoks in a soft ball sized group.

Few moths ago I pulled that bad boy out of storage.
Loaded it up with more magnum 240 Hydra shoks.
And fired six rounds into a single ragged hole.

The gun hadn't changed.
The ammo hadn't changed.
But I had.

So can I, today, tell the difference between Glock OEM and Storm Lake barrels?
You bet.
Can you?
Maybe? Maybe not.

20 years ago I would have spent the money.
And not been skilled enough to even notice the difference.
I'm just saying...

farscott
04-04-2012, 16:10
I like the KKM barrels for shooting lead and/or shooting reloads loaded to 1911 OAL. In my very limited experience (sample size of two), the KKM barrels are short-chambered and one needs to use a finish reamer.

I plan to get a KKM barrel for my incoming G35 so I can shoot the same reloads I use in my SV Limited gun. KKM can make an accurate barrel as the barrel in my Sams 9x19 PPC gun is a KKM and that gun shoots 1.47" ten-shot groups at fifty yards from the Ransom rest. Barrel fit is key for accuracy. For best accuracy, I would not use a drop-in barrel.

Bar-Sto also offers an excellent (accurate and good feeding) Glock barrel based on a shooting buddy's experience.

Aquagear
04-04-2012, 17:12
I have KKM barrels in both my G19 and G34. I am very happy with them. My groups tightened up a bit with both pistols, not by huge amounts but it was noticeable. The main reason I got them was to shoot lead reloads, however as mentioned in the post above they have tight chambers. If you reload you should check your rounds in the KKM barrel, I had to seat my rounds a little deeper to get them to chamber properly.:wavey:

ca survivor
04-04-2012, 18:23
KKM barrels are great.

gunsmithlee
04-04-2012, 18:37
I dropped a KKM in my Glock 24c. I had to ditch the factory ported barrel so I could use it in the limited division. The KKM dropped right in, no modification was needed, no trimming the hood. And it fit up tight, just a little tighter than the factory barrel. I didn't notice any real difference in accuracy myself, but I never benched the gun. All I know is I didn't have any problems, the gun functioned reliable, and its still more accurate than I'm capable of shooting.

If your going to go all the way, just get a bar-sto barrel. Don't get a KKM unless you just need it for lead bullets and more chamber support, and don't have the budget for a bar-sto.

whitebread
04-05-2012, 13:59
I only have experience with the KKM 10mm barrels, but from what I have seen, they are top notch quality. The lockup is much tighter than an OE barrel and it has much better chamber support. A handgun is a handgun, IMO, so talking about accuracy between the two is futile. I believe a shooter would benefit from their barrels if they are experiencing case bulging from hot hand-loads and/or want to shoot cast bullets. For the price difference between KKM and Lone Wolf (which I also have experience with), I think the KKM is a much better buy. The overall fit and finish is better than I have seen on other aftermarket barrels. They also come with a polished feed ramp, which saves the user some time.

AquaHull
12-15-2012, 08:02
I have KKM barrels in both my G19 and G34. I am very happy with them. My groups tightened up a bit with both pistols, not by huge amounts but it was noticeable. The main reason I got them was to shoot lead reloads, however as mentioned in the post above they have tight chambers. If you reload you should check your rounds in the KKM barrel, I had to seat my rounds a little deeper to get them to chamber properly.:wavey:

Good advice and nice username.:wavey:

kashdaddy
12-15-2012, 12:31
check out my review with the G19 and KKM v.s OEM. I also include some pictures in the review. Do a search and you will find it. Also include a MGSL for wonders.