So, the Supreme Court is attacked again by the president? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So, the Supreme Court is attacked again by the president?

ScottieG59
04-04-2012, 23:56
I am not normally concerned about these things and I am not one to see a Marxist conspiracy behind every Democrat. The people who have the job of interpreting the Constitution of the United States and ensuring we all are properly protected by the basic law of the land are these final arbiters, the Supreme Court. When the executive public ally attacks the court, it worries me.

The president clearly wanted to mobilize those who would rally behind the cause of his public healthcare program. In the end, the president knows that he cannot overrule the Supreme Court, unless he were able to expand the powers of his office beyond the constitution.

Attempting to rally people into what is a legal argument based on the rule of law is more like 1930s Germany that the United States. Appealing to the mob is no solution to dealing with the rule of law.

The president may win the legal battle on healthcare, but he has shown a side that seems contrary to an acceptance of the balance of power between the branches of government.

Without the authority of the Supreme Court, the Constitution would lose its significance in ensuring the rights of all Americans.

MoneyMaker
04-05-2012, 05:23
Maybe they are gonna build a wall for us