Prison for Katrina cops [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Prison for Katrina cops

Sam Spade
04-05-2012, 08:08
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE8331A920120405?irpc=932

A reminder that there is a difference between SHTF and TEOTWAWKI. Relevant to several threads and posters' plans

Bolster
04-05-2012, 08:22
Indeed. Waaaay too many people think a SHTF event means arcade-style shooting. When order returns (and it will) a reckoning will be made, just as these police discovered.

series1811
04-05-2012, 08:31
Pretty small reckoning, considering the homicide rate at the New Orleans coroners office was running around 25 per cent on the recovered bodies until they were told to stop classifying them.

quake
04-05-2012, 08:55
...A reminder that there is a difference between SHTF and TEOTWAWKI. Relevant to several threads and posters' plans

Yep. One of my favorite lines is that historically, no matter which one we're talking about, all shtf situations have one thing in common. Whether we're talking about Katrina, an ice storm, the LA riots, or even World War 2, they all share one common trait. They all ended.

And at that point, you're stuck with the aftermath of your actions; whether that aftermath is legal consequences, forever-alienated neighbors, or just having to face the guy in the mirror.

bear62
04-05-2012, 09:03
The judge was very lenient........:faint:

Ruble Noon
04-05-2012, 09:05
They should have gotten the same sentence as their victims.

jellis11
04-05-2012, 09:12
Indeed. Waaaay too many people think a SHTF event means arcade-style shooting. When order returns (and it will) a reckoning will be made, just as these police discovered.

I hope TEOTW doesn't mean arcade-style shooting either...

cyrsequipment
04-05-2012, 09:24
I hope TEOTW doesn't mean arcade-style shooting either...

I hope so too, but given the statements of some of the people in this forum...

MoneyMaker
04-05-2012, 09:41
Guess they was not Above The Law Huh?

series1811
04-05-2012, 13:12
Guess they was not Above The Law Huh?

The people who enforce the law are never above the law. The people who make the law, or who pay the people to make the law, are frequently above it.

Aceman
04-05-2012, 18:07
Ok - but what, according to the article was the "misconduct" in the Rodney King beating? Police didn't do anything I wouldn't have if A-hole came barreling through my community at 100mph all drunk and high.

Rodney deserved every wack he got.

ckrockets
04-05-2012, 19:05
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE8331A920120405?irpc=932

A reminder that there is a difference between SHTF and TEOTWAWKI. Relevant to several threads and posters' plans

I was hoping this was talking about those that seized guns illegally...

GRIMLET
04-06-2012, 03:01
And don't forget those, "you loot, we shoot" signs in SEVERAL front yards. Seems like a good idea at the time but not a few years later in court.

eracer
04-06-2012, 03:49
I hope so too, but given the statements of some of the people in this forum...You mean the 'Special Forces Instructors who have lived in the jungles of the 'Stan, immunizing themselves against snake venom by letting themselves get bit every day by a King Cobra, eating elephant dung to survive?'

Those guys?

TangoFoxtrot
04-06-2012, 06:08
Its as simple as "you do the crime you do the time!" The police are no better than you and I! Actually they should know better than to abuse their power of authority. Listen I'm pro police, I was an MP for 22 years. I see the police in my area and 1 in 5 are actually professionals. They have attitudes and the God syndrome. I blame a lot of it on their leadership.

cyrsequipment
04-06-2012, 06:11
You mean the 'Special Forces Instructors who have lived in the jungles of the 'Stan, immunizing themselves against snake venom by letting themselves get bit every day by a King Cobra, eating elephant dung to survive?'

Those guys?

Exactly, those guys and the ones who REALLY tell tall tales...

beatcop
04-06-2012, 07:17
I did not believe the intial reports when they came out...can't imagine why they would do this.

quake
04-06-2012, 11:53
Ok - but what, according to the article was the "misconduct" in the Rodney King beating? Police didn't do anything I wouldn't have if A-hole came barreling through my community at 100mph all drunk and high.

Rodney deserved every wack he got.

Morally don't disagree with you, but legally the cops (we cops) aren't allowed to do that. Much like a rapist deserves a bullet in the forehead, you can't put one there legally after the fact.

Rodney King was definitely an A-hole and his actions put others in danger. But once he was in custody, that's over. As frustrating as that is at times, I actually prefer it that way.

Don't know the details of the NOLA case here, but to wonder why we aren't seeing the female cops who were looting in uniform arrested..?

Hurricane Katrina - Police Loot Video by Ðavid Michæl £ewis - Myspace Video

Caught on video filling a cart, but only got a short suspension for 'neglect of duty' for not stopping the other looters.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11920811/ns/us_news-katrina_the_long_road_back/t/new-orleans-police-officers-cleared-looting/