Muslim voters could swing election, report finds [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim voters could swing election, report finds

snerd
04-05-2012, 12:36
I would definitely say that Obama "owns" the Muslim vote.
.... The number of Muslims in the United States is tiny - less than one in 100 Americans - but their votes could sway the results of the presidential election in November, a new study says.

That's because they are concentrated in a number of key swing states, says Farid Senzai, the author of the report.....

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/03/muslim-voters-could-swing-election-report-finds/

Guss
04-05-2012, 13:03
It won't be long before they are a more significant voting community than the Jewish community. It could mean some changes in foreign policy.

snerd
04-05-2012, 13:09
It won't be long before they are a more significant voting community than the Jewish community. It could mean some changes in foreign policy.
I'm not smart enough to parse foreign policy with you, but I sure miss the days of Americans just being "Americans". This hyphenated-American culture we're encouraging is splitting our country along ethnic and racial lines. The term "balkanization" comes to mind quite frequently.

Guss
04-05-2012, 13:11
I'm not smart enough to parse foreign policy with you, but I sure miss the days of Americans just being "Americans". This hyphenated-American culture we're encouraging is splitting our country along ethnic and racial lines. The term "balkanization" comes to mind quite frequently.

I miss those days too.
Too bad that wedge politics has achieved such importance.