GOP Superdelegates say its over... Romney is Da Man [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GOP Superdelegates say its over... Romney is Da Man

DOC44
04-07-2012, 15:38
I would if they really believe this or are they trying to make every else believe it.

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-superdelegates-over-romney-nominee-070247029.html

Doc44

Naelbis
04-07-2012, 15:48
Considering that Santorum won my state by a huge margin but almost all the delegates actually being sent to the national convention are pledged for Romney I can believe it...

Restless28
04-07-2012, 16:34
The fix is in. It's either Goldman Sacs Mitt or Goldman Sacs Obama. Pick your poison. There is no such thing as "elections". They are appointments.

G19G20
04-07-2012, 16:37
Considering that Santorum won my state by a huge margin but almost all the delegates actually being sent to the national convention are pledged for Romney I can believe it...

ND is an isolated example, at least so far. The party violated a bunch of convention rules in ramming the Romney delegate slate through. The fact still remains that most physical living breathing delegates haven't been selected yet. District and state conventions are being held over the next couple months. Super delegates don't hold any additional power with their votes over regular delegate votes.

Brucev
04-07-2012, 17:03
Like it or not the also rans never had a chance. They simply could not generate a majority of delegates. They were to far to the extreme right. To win a general election it will require a candidate who is not an extremist. Romney will be the Republican candidate because he is the best choice for trying to win a general election... i.e., Nov. 2012. If Conservatives and Republicans are wise, they will support Romney. Why? Because this election is not about the budget, guns, the war, the economy or anything else. This election is about the next nominee to be appointed to the supreme court. The squatter will put another demokratic party hack on the court. That is for sure and for certain. If you want another demokratic party hack on the supreme court, boycott Romney. Or... vote for and support Romney. Then let the Conservatives and Republicans work together to see to it that he nominates someone they more prefer over the guaranteed left-wing activist that the squatter will nominate.

Restless28
04-07-2012, 17:11
Like it or not the also rans never had a chance. They simply could not generate a majority of delegates. They were to far to the extreme right. To win a general election it will require a candidate who is not an extremist. Romney will be the Republican candidate because he is the best choice for trying to win a general election... i.e., Nov. 2012. If Conservatives and Republicans are wise, they will support Romney. Why? Because this election is not about the budget, guns, the war, the economy or anything else. This election is about the next nominee to be appointed to the supreme court. The squatter will put another demokratic party hack on the court. That is for sure and for certain. If you want another demokratic party hack on the supreme court, boycott Romney. Or... vote for and support Romney. Then let the Conservatives and Republicans work together to see to it that he nominates someone they more prefer over the guaranteed left-wing activist that the squatter will nominate.

Excellent

Gary W Trott
04-08-2012, 06:42
I would if they really believe this or are they trying to make every else believe it.

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-superdelegates-over-romney-nominee-070247029.html

Doc44

It's not much of a "consensus" when they only count one third of the "super delegates". The choices of 42 are listed in the article, while there are 125 or so of them out there.

Hyksos
04-08-2012, 06:51
Good. The sooner Obama gets forced into debates against someone, the better. He may have won last time, but the gig is up. His same old rhetoric isn't gonna work. I also think whichever Republican wins will be able to call him out on all his BS in front of the country. The Republicans are armed with four years of crap to throw back in his face, and the Democrats can't reasonably connect Santorum or Romney to Bush, like they did McCain.

What's Obama gonna do? If he gets up there and says stuff like "well Romney supported the AWB and so do I. He instituted Obamacare in his own state!" I personally think that will hurt him because it might take some moderate democrats and turn them Republican. They'll be thinking "Oh, Romney did that? Damn, maybe those Republicans aren't all hillbilly jerkoffs who never graduated high school [/liberal mindset]." Frankly, I think most conservatives are on the same page - get Obama out. The people who voted Democrat last time are gonna be much more wishy washy.

The Machinist
04-08-2012, 07:31
The mentality of voting for any idiot with an R next to their name, regardless of how liberal they are, is what gave us a Congress full of Republicans who will rubber stamp any left-wing hack Obama appoints to the Supreme Court.

snerd
04-08-2012, 09:49
The mentality of voting for any idiot with an R next to their name, regardless of how liberal they are, is what gave us a Congress full of Republicans who will rubber stamp any left-wing hack Obama appoints to the Supreme Court.
/word

evlbruce
04-08-2012, 10:12

Yep. Snowe, Collins, Graham, Voinovich, Lugar, et al. gave us Kagan and Sotomayor.

Just looking at the sad state of the GOP house should reinforce the fact that just voting for the Republican label does not mean that we'll get responsible policy.

JBnTX
04-08-2012, 10:39

OK Chicken Little, we get it.

Have you ever thought about offering a solution, instead of just
quoting the problem over and over and over again?

:deadhorse:

JBnTX
04-08-2012, 10:43
It's a disservice to the American people for the "super delegates"
to declare a winner before the primaries are over.

It's the same thing as a juror declaring the defendant quilty before the trial is over.

Maybe we need new super delegates?

Ruble Noon
04-08-2012, 11:00

We offered a solution which you continually rejected.

RC-RAMIE
04-08-2012, 11:06

Vote for people with conservative voting records.

"Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it is realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy. - Ron Paul

The Machinist
04-08-2012, 11:21
Vote for people with conservative voting records.
This, right here. It's actually pretty easy JB. Stop giving your consent to politicians who spit in your face, and start making the GOP work for your vote by only voting for constitutionalists. If you reject that, then you reject conservatism.

JBnTX
04-08-2012, 12:17
This, right here. It's actually pretty easy JB. Stop giving your consent to politicians who spit in your face, and start making the GOP work for your vote by only voting for constitutionalists. If you reject that, then you reject conservatism.

First, I do NOT reject conservatism.

Second, I'm just one person and I'm sure you've noticed that Ron Paul
has been soundly rejected by the American people.

So quit trying to lay the blame at my feet.

If Ron Paul had even a sliver of a chance of getting elected,
I'd be first in line to vote for him.

But I refuse to blindly throw away my vote. I intend to vote for the republican
candidate as a vote against the real enemy of conservatism.

The real enemy of conservatism is Barack Obama,
not any of the republican candidates.

Your refusal to acknowledge that speaks volumes about your opinion
of Barack Obama.

Why have you never posted anything critical of Obama?
Why are you only critical of the republican party and never critical
of the true enemy?

The Machinist
04-08-2012, 14:14
Why have you never posted anything critical of Obama? Why are you only critical of the republican party and never critical of the true enemy?
First off, I've taken my fair share of digs at the Kenyan squatter. Secondly, it goes without saying that he's an enemy of liberty. However, the Democratic party doesn't have that market cornered. I oppose any and all people who think I need to be corralled and brought to heel under the supervision of government masters. I don't give a flying **** what their party is.

The democrats are flagrant in their assault, and stand out like a sore thumb. The republicans, on the other hand, will lie over and over and over to us, and claim to be conservatives, but want to control all aspects of your life every bit as much as the dems. They're frauds, and they're evil. I enjoy calling them out.

MLM
04-08-2012, 14:17
Sure wish my state had a say who 'is the man'! We haven't even had our primary yet.

G19G20
04-08-2012, 15:51
Sure wish my state had a say who 'is the man'! We haven't even had our primary yet.

You already had your chance. The district conventions where delegates are selected start on April 21 in North Carolina. It's too late for you to participate in this real election process.