Newt Gingrich: Mitt Romney ‘Conservative Enough’ for GOP Nomination [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich: Mitt Romney ‘Conservative Enough’ for GOP Nomination

snerd
04-08-2012, 13:12
I just couldn't pass up the chance to point out the irony in that statement. :supergrin:
....... Former Speaker Newt Gingrich (Ga.) said today that GOP presidential frontrunner Mitt Romney is “conservative enough” to be the party’s nominee.

Gingrich, whose own campaign for president is faltering, instead shifted blame for Romney’s perceived lack of conservative chops to the former Massachusetts governor’s staff......

http://www.rollcall.com/news/newt-gingrich-mitt-romney-conservative-enough-gop-nomination-213667-1.html

snerd
04-08-2012, 13:20
A big government rino endorsing a big government rino. I am truly a conservative without a party.

PS: that domain is available if someone wants to run with it.

JBnTX
04-08-2012, 13:33
A big government rino endorsing a big government rino. I am truly a conservative without a party.

The gene pool within the republican party is severely limited at the present time.

Hopefully it won't be that way in 2016 when we throw Romney out for failing to meet conservative expections.

We get a chance every four years to elect a better conservative/republican.

DOC44
04-08-2012, 14:02
The gene pool within the republican party is severely limited at the present time.

Hopefully it won't be that way in 2016 when we throw Romney out for failing to meet conservative expections.

Incest does tend to limit the variety of genes in the gene pool.

I could have said that quite differently:rofl::rofl:

Doc44

Javelin
04-08-2012, 14:05

You mean the Republican 'gene pool' is severely inbred.

And about the Republican party throwing out a Republican on a re-election year? You are kidding right? I mean seriously you are kidding.

Just say no to Rhino.

:wavey:

Javelin
04-08-2012, 14:06
And when the hell have we elected a better conservative? Every 4 years it just sucks worse and worse no matter who is in office.

walt cowan
04-09-2012, 06:35
"please, please, pick me for the v.p.! newt-stop crying like a little b*^%$!!!!!

Stubudd
04-09-2012, 06:45
these guys crack me up

months of calling him a liberal, but now that it's over he's conservative enough

these people never stop lying. Tell anybody anything they want to hear any time, anything, to get more power. And some people still pay real attention to the things they say- like the words they say might actually have some bearing on reality, on what they're really gonna do if they win. It's all a huge multi-million dollar charade for you. A huge spectacle. We're gonna take back washington, we're gonna make BIG CHANGES! Mitt romney for prez! :rofl:

evlbruce
04-09-2012, 09:10
Sounds like Newt is desperately trying to crawl back into the beltway.

kirgi08
04-09-2012, 09:48
He maybe.However,this cycle sucks.We need ta give a wardership ta this current "field". Until the new blood has their wings and a track record. Mr West ect.The prevailing egos will not see what is best for the "US" as their calling.'08.

walt cowan
04-09-2012, 10:26
these guys crack me up

months of calling him a liberal, but now that it's over he's conservative enough

these people never stop lying. Tell anybody anything they want to hear any time, anything, to get more power. And some people still pay real attention to the things they say- like the words they say might actually have some bearing on reality, on what they're really gonna do if they win. It's all a huge multi-million dollar charade for you. A huge spectacle. We're gonna take back washington, we're gonna make BIG CHANGES! Mitt romney for prez! :rofl:

it's the palin play! wow! how did we not see this?!:rofl::wavey:

G19G20
04-09-2012, 14:03
www.conservativeenoughmitt2012.com (http://www.conservativeenoughmitt2012.com)

That should be his general election website and slogan.

GAFinch
04-09-2012, 18:43
Romney is a better candidate than McCain. Santorum is a better candidate than Huckabee. Both want to downsize the federal government's role in education, sparing our future generations from more debt and more full scale secular, multicultural liberal indoctrination. Both recognize the dangers of the left's partner in crime, Islamofascism. Both seem to fully recognize the absolute necessity of getting spending back under control.

Restless28
04-10-2012, 04:42
Romney is a better candidate than McCain. Santorum is a better candidate than Huckabee. Both want to downsize the federal government's role in education, sparing our future generations from more debt and more full scale secular, multicultural liberal indoctrination. Both recognize the dangers of the left's partner in crime, Islamofascism. Both seem to fully recognize the absolute necessity of getting spending back under control.

Agreed. While Ron Paul is right, he cannot be elected. It's going to take someone with his ideas in a younger, more marketable package to be the man.

kirgi08
04-10-2012, 08:16
He maybe.However,this cycle sucks.We need ta give a wardership ta this current "field". Until the new blood has their wings and a track record. Mr West ect.The prevailing egos will not see what is best for the "US" as their calling.'08.

Agreed. While Ron Paul is right, he cannot be elected. It's going to take someone with his ideas in a younger, more marketable package to be the man.

See my above.'08. :supergrin:

Brucev
04-10-2012, 12:46
The only thing that matters in Nov. is winning. That is all that matters. Romney is the only candidate with a dogs chance of winning. So... everyone needs to man up and put their support behind Romney. Or... they can live with the consequences... the squatter in the white house putting another left-wing liberal demokrat party hack on the supreme court.