5 Things That Will Happen To You When America Goes Bankrupt [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 5 Things That Will Happen To You When America Goes Bankrupt

JBnTX
04-08-2012, 13:54
That's if the gloom and doomers are correct?

5 Things That Will Happen To You When America Goes Bankrupt
http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2011/04/12/5_things_that_will_happen_to_you_when_america_goes_bankrupt/page/full/

1) Your life savings could be reduced to nothing almost overnight.

2) Your taxes will skyrocket.

3) Your life could be in danger.

4) Your payments from the government will dramatically decrease or stop altogether.

5) You will have a dramatically reduced standard of living.

G17Jake
04-08-2012, 14:47
Sounds like fun.

DOC44
04-08-2012, 14:49

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2011/04/12/5_things_that_will_happen_to_you_when_america_goes_bankrupt/page/full/

4) Your payments from the government will dramatically decrease or stop altogether.

Darwin would rule.

Doc44

snerd
04-08-2012, 16:30
Just tell me that there will be no more cell phone service! :devildance:

NMG26
04-08-2012, 16:36
If it don't work, we are going to have to fix it sooner or later.

rgregoryb
04-08-2012, 17:56
no more GT............

RCP
04-08-2012, 18:02
I'm still young enough that I don't have alot to lose in the way of life savings and I don't receive any kind of payments from the government. I have a pretty secure field of work and have plenty of guns and ammo.

michael e
04-08-2012, 18:07
I get no money from the government.
I have little in savings as I am trying to pay everything off, down to house and student loan only.

Vic777
04-08-2012, 18:28

This will all happen if Obama gets re-elected and gets more "Space".

Vic777
04-08-2012, 18:29
I'm still young enough that I don't have alot to lose in the way of life savings and I don't receive any kind of payments from the government. I have a pretty secure field of work and have plenty of guns and ammo.Unless you work for the Government with Ten years seniority you might rethink your job security and buy more ammo.

GLOCK17DB9
04-08-2012, 18:32
I just hope I have enough ammo.:supergrin::supergrin:

certifiedfunds
04-08-2012, 18:56
It's already bankrupt

beforeobamabans
04-08-2012, 19:15
#6. The typical American voter will demand that their government save them. Their government will agree to, however, it will insist that the constitution be suspended so that it can "fairly" implement the harsh measures necessary to save them. The people will agree and the totalitarian America will finally achieve it's full measure of success.

And American Idol will return for a 12th season. The people will be pleased.

JK-linux
04-08-2012, 19:19

RCP
04-08-2012, 19:27
Unless you work for the Government with Ten years seniority you might rethink your job security and buy more ammo.

Nope don't work for the government, I'm a healthcare provider. Although I do agree you can never have enough guns and ammo.:supergrin:

ponders
04-08-2012, 19:36
IF and thats a big IF this happens, what are yalls thoughts on when it might happen

how soon?

certifiedfunds
04-08-2012, 20:19
Guys, the U.S. government cannot go bankrupt. It can default, but it won't. Both of these are prevented by the power of the printing press.

The U.S. government today can't pay its obligations without printing money. What you are hypothesizing about has already occurred.

Big Mad Dawg
04-09-2012, 02:08
Who knows what could or will happen probably very little other than the government tightening the strangle hold on your finances and freedoms. We are already sliding down hill and very few people seem to notice and even fewer seem to care. Or maybe a Rhodesia economical melt down and sky high inflation (without blacks taking over or the killing of the white farmers) but I doubt that it will be ether as fast or as defined as that.

Javelin
04-09-2012, 02:22
Who knows what could or will happen probably very little other than the government tightening the strangle hold on your finances and freedoms. We are already sliding down hill and very few people seem to notice and even fewer seem to care. Or maybe a Rhodesia economical melt down and sky high inflation (without blacks taking over or the killing of the white farmers) but I doubt that it will be ether as fast or as defined as that.

They are working on it apparently... and apparently today...

:steamed:

Flying-Dutchman
04-09-2012, 06:11

The link in the link about German Weimar Republic inflation in 1923 was most interesting.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/commandingheights/shared/minitext/ess_germanhyperinflation.html

The large corporations were unscathed.

Years of strong inflation preceded hyperinflation.

Young people spent and were not affected.

Pensions and savings of a lifetime were wiped out never to recover.

Leading economists before the hyperinflation declared “no need to worry, the money is sound”

People invested in gold and “safe land” outside the cities.

Hyperinflation lasted only a short time and then they reset the currency.