Bill Cosby weighs in on Trayvon Martin case [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bill Cosby weighs in on Trayvon Martin case

snerd
04-08-2012, 17:23
“We’ve got to get the gun out of the hands of people who are supposed to be on neighborhood watch,” said Mr. Cosby, whose remarks were the first he has made publicly about the case.

“Without a gun, I don’t see Mr. Zimmerman approaching Trayvon by himself,” Mr. Cosby explained. “The power-of-the-gun mentality had him unafraid to confront someone. Even police call for backup in similar situations.

“When you carry a gun, you mean to harm somebody, kill somebody,” he said.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/apr/7/simmons-bill-cosby-weighs-trayvon-martin-case/
:upeyes:

peterj
04-08-2012, 17:27
Bill should stick to giving advise on Sesame Street.

Luvdux
04-08-2012, 17:30
Tell Bill I said to have a coke and a smile, and shut the f--k up!

-Eddie Murphy ans Richard Pryor (raw 1987)

ChuteTheMall
04-08-2012, 17:32
His brother was an only child.

CitizenOfDreams
04-08-2012, 17:35
I guess Trayon could be his son too.

Javelin
04-08-2012, 17:36
His joke is not very funny.

:whistling:

Javelin
04-08-2012, 17:37
J-E-L-L-O & pudding pops are more his level of expertise.

MLM
04-08-2012, 19:35
Ol' Bill usually have some good stuff to say, especially when directed towards the black community.
In this case, he might want to get facts straight before commenting.

DOC44
04-08-2012, 19:49
bill getting old.

Doc44

G22Dude
04-08-2012, 21:13
Not to excuse him but his opinion could be colored by having his own son murdered i 97. He's still wrong however, because I don't own a gun to hurt people, I'm interested in protecting me and mine

Brucev
04-08-2012, 21:47
I like Bill Cosby. He is one of the few in the African-American community who speaks the unvarnished truth to his race and culture regarding their disintegrating family/social structures. In this case, I think he is wrong.

steveksux
04-08-2012, 21:56
Anybody think Zimmerman would have had the guts to follow if he wasn't armed? I think Cosby is essentially right on that issue.

He is still wrong about the gun being the problem, or that just because this one person screwed up doesn't mean other people aren't smart enough to join neighborhood watch, carry a gun, and still not play cop.

Randy

JFrame
04-09-2012, 06:54
The problem is that the fundamental argument that Cosby is making is the basis for which all violations of the 2A are founded.

walt cowan
04-09-2012, 07:03
what bill will never ask is...how many young black men have died from guns the atf sold to the mexican cartels?...or how many more will?

John Rambo
04-09-2012, 07:10
Bill Cosby isn't a stupid man and he usually gives some pretty good advice. In this particular instance, I think his bias about guns is influencing his decision. I mean, you've gotta understand where the guy is coming from with this.

aircarver
04-09-2012, 08:16
Bill Cosby isn't a stupid man and he usually gives some pretty good advice. In this particular instance, I think his bias about guns is influencing his decision. I mean, you've gotta understand where the guy is coming from with this.

Last time Bill gave the black community good advice, he was roundly vilified for it.

It's never fun to be a pariah in your own community. He has been 'schooled' to 'go along and get along' .....:upeyes:

syntaxerrorsix
04-09-2012, 10:03
Anybody think Zimmerman would have had the guts to follow if he wasn't armed? I think Cosby is essentially right on that issue.

He is still wrong about the gun being the problem, or that just because this one person screwed up doesn't mean other people aren't smart enough to join neighborhood watch, carry a gun, and still not play cop.

Randy

If we are going to speculate then yes, I think he still would have followed. Not much good as a neighborhood watch if he didn't go and watch.

walt cowan
04-09-2012, 10:36

yes and thats sad but, how does he know if his son wasn't killed by a atf gun?:dunno:

TBO
04-09-2012, 14:11
Bill has a carry permit.

Paul7
04-09-2012, 14:21
Not to excuse him but his opinion could be colored by having his own son murdered i 97. He's still wrong however, because I don't own a gun to hurt people, I'm interested in protecting me and mine

If his son had a gun, he might be alive.

G22Dude
04-09-2012, 15:46
If his son had a gun, he might be alive.

Sounds about right to me