Politics and Religion [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Politics and Religion

pipedreams
04-09-2012, 06:11
Roll over each state to get the demographics.

This map gives you the percentage of Christians and all faiths in each state...Click on the following and see the different religions by state and elsewhere by holding cursor over a state.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/graphics/pew-religion-08/flash.htm
<http://www.usatoday.com/news/graphics/pew-religion-08/flash.htm >

Ask yourself, why are we allowing our government and special interest groups i.e. ACLU to take God out of culture and schools?

Brucev
04-09-2012, 06:39
Why? Because the left-wing liberals have control of the educational institutions and the msm... and they want to extend their control. It's that simple. Like it or not, the enemy is inside the wire.

JBnTX
04-09-2012, 09:04
Ask yourself, why are we allowing our government and special interest groups i.e. ACLU to take God out of culture and schools?

Liberals, atheists and the government see God and religion as competition,
and they don't like competition.

All three groups want to do whatever they want without any consequences,
guilt or limitations.

Religion imposes ethical and moral standards that liberals, atheists and the
government do not want to acknowledge or obey.

They took God out of the schools so children can't be taught the difference
between right and wrong.

This allows the government to control and abuse that child when they become
an adult taxpayer.

jtull7
04-09-2012, 10:10
The last time we mixed politics and religion, people got burned at the stake.

RC-RAMIE
04-09-2012, 11:06
Roll over each state to get the demographics.

This map gives you the percentage of Christians and all faiths in each state...Click on the following and see the different religions by state and elsewhere by holding cursor over a state.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/graphics/pew-religion-08/flash.htm
<http://www.usatoday.com/news/graphics/pew-religion-08/flash.htm >

because it does not belong keep it in church and home.

pipedreams
04-09-2012, 12:15
Religion imposes ethical and moral standards that liberals, atheists and the government do not want to acknowledge or obey.
:milestone:
That pretty much covers it and we wonder why our culture and country is on the decline.

Guss
04-09-2012, 14:17
So if we are going by numbers, should an area with a lot of Mormons have Mormon prayers in public facilities, and places with a lot of Catholics have Catholic prayers in public facilities and government functions, etc., etc, etc.?

JBnTX
04-09-2012, 15:06
So if we are going by numbers, should an area with a lot of Mormons have Mormon prayers in public facilities, and places with a lot of Catholics have Catholic prayers in public facilities and government functions, etc., etc, etc.?

Who cares, so long as they have the God given right to pray anytime
and anywhere they please.

You can read a book, take a nap or anything you want while you wait
for them to finish.

hogfish
04-09-2012, 15:36

for them to finish.

How much time should they have?

JBnTX
04-09-2012, 15:40

Three minutes and 19 seconds.

pipedreams
04-09-2012, 15:55

They can take all the time they want and you can nap or read a book as long as you want. What they do and what you do really have no bearing on one another.

The Maggy
04-09-2012, 16:26

for them to finish.

Has anyone ever said that the people don't have the right to pray anytime and anywhere that they want?

As for your second line, sorry but no. In my opinion, no special concessions should be made for anyone. If you feel like stopping your work day to go and do what ever, you should be required to carry your own weight and catch back up, under your own accord. I am pretty sure that this is something similar to what the old school church would call a penance.

hogfish
04-09-2012, 19:19
They can take all the time they want and you can nap or read a book as long as you want. What they do and what you do really have no bearing on one another.

I see. You mean during recess. I totally agree. I remember in high school, a couple of us would play ping-pong or basketball, others would just hang out on the benches, and one in my home class would join a church group. That church group prayed and sang hymns pretty much the whole 50 minutes of recess. Everyone could do whatever they wanted for as long as they wanted to.

:thumbsup:

hogfish
04-09-2012, 19:21
Three minutes and 19 seconds.

Hah! :supergrin: