President Obama’s $1 Million Pizza Party In Detroit! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : President Obama’s $1 Million Pizza Party In Detroit!

snerd
04-09-2012, 11:45
While they're living like queens on alimony, I'm working two shifts and eating baloney!

President Barack Obama is coming to the Motor City for a $1 million pizza party being thrown for him compliments of Denise Ilitch, daughter of Little Caesars’ founders Mike and Marian Ilitch. Ilitch is opening her home April 18 for the fundraiser where movers and shakers are being asked to pony up thousands to add to his re-election coffer while getting a chance to rub shoulders with the most powerful man on the planet. “I’m honored to have been asked,” by the Obama campaign to host,” Ilitch said of the event she and husband, Jim Scalici, will hold at their Metro Detroit home. She made the comments on “Michigan Matters” when asked about media reports.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/04/09/president-obamas-1-million-pizza-party-in-detroit/

aircarver
04-09-2012, 11:53
:puking:

Gundude
04-09-2012, 11:58
While they're living like queens on alimony, I'm working two shifts and eating baloney!
Trying to get a piece of that class warfare action?

snerd
04-09-2012, 12:01
Trying to get a piece of that class warfare action?
Yeah, that's it. You're so observant.

:upeyes:

itstime
04-09-2012, 12:02
A new place on my not to eat list. Ha. Wasn't on there before. Oh well.

Gundude
04-09-2012, 12:24
Yeah, that's it. You're so observant.

:upeyes:Thanks. Complaining about the rich while bemoaning their own lot in life seems to be one of the few things that the Left and Right have in common*.

*Provided, of course, that the rich in question can be clearly identified as "belonging" to the opposite "side".

snerd
04-09-2012, 12:29
Thanks. Complaining about the rich while bemoaning their own lot in life seems to be one of the few things that the Left and Right have in common*.

*Provided, of course, that the rich in question can be clearly identified as "belonging" to the opposite "side".
Granted, I could have phrased it better. It was a spin on the old Jerry Reed song. My point was that none of these people have anything in common with the average Joe. And you're right, it's both sides. Like I said, I'm a conservative without a party.

Big Mad Dawg
04-09-2012, 12:43
Detroit is a very obama friendly kind of city his type really fit in.

JFrame
04-09-2012, 12:53
Only one party (and president) routinely -- and hypocritically -- assails the "corporate fat cats," so I think Snerd's point is well-taken.

Gundude
04-09-2012, 12:59
Granted, I could have phrased it better. It was a spin on the old Jerry Reed song. My point was that none of these people have anything in common with the average Joe. And you're right, it's both sides. Like I said, I'm a conservative without a party.Ah, definitely didn't get that reference. Have never heard of Jerry Reed.

Our President, or his ultra-rich supporters, will never have much in common with the average Joe though. What it takes to become President, or to transform a small business into a nationwide household name, is far from average.

Ideally, our President, or his ultra-rich supporters, shouldn't have enough power over our lives for it to matter how different they are from us. The reality though, leaves a lot to be desired.

Captain Caveman
04-09-2012, 13:21
I worked for them when I was in college. Can't even stand the sight of one anymore...:ack: :puking:

snerd
04-09-2012, 14:24
Ah, definitely didn't get that reference. Have never heard of Jerry Reed....
Jerry Reed -- She Got The Goldmine (I Got The Shaft) - YouTube

CitizenOfDreams
04-09-2012, 14:39
They don't have bread? Let them eat pizza.

Javelin
04-09-2012, 14:45
You're better off not eating little caesars anyway. They use the cheapest of everything. It is basically nothing more than a diabetes inflicting gut bomb in a box.

:wavey:

snerd
04-09-2012, 14:57
You're better off not eating little caesars anyway. They use the cheapest of everything. It is basically nothing more than a diabetes inflicting gut bomb in a box.

:wavey:
The nastiest pizza I've ever tried. Really. Nasty.

Javelin
04-09-2012, 15:02

Yeah they are pretty bad. A little over 25 years ago their pizza tasted pretty good. But since then they have learned how to cut corners (I mean costs) to the point that it is nothing more than refined upon refined tasteless bread with the blandest watered down tomato sauce topped with the thinnest cut pepperoni one could possibly imagine.

Sad.

evlbruce
04-09-2012, 21:09
Rather sad to hear this. As cheap as the pizza was, it still was better than most of the pizzerias within reasonable driving distance (making it tallest of the Lilliputians to be sure).

fortyofforty
04-10-2012, 17:22

Wait, you're talking about the pizza, right, not Odumbo?