class for women taught by women [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : class for women taught by women

Roger H
04-09-2012, 14:39
My wife and our grand daughter are starting in June
Personal Protection In The Home +PLUS+ - Introduction To Firearms For Women Only. I think this will be a good thing 4 3hour classes grand baby is will be 12 in november she shoots alot with mom dad and me. but think being taught at this class will be good for her and my wife too. shes a new shooter

ithaca_deerslayer
04-10-2012, 09:02
Sounds like an awesome idea.

ZO6Vettever
04-14-2012, 13:14
My wife went to a class taught by a female instructor and was not for females only. The fact that the instructor was female helped my wife not be overwhelmed by macho BS. It was perfect for her.

Ay Dios Mio
04-14-2012, 15:35
Where are the classes being held, Roger?

Roger H
04-15-2012, 10:14
Where are the classes being held, Roger?

roseburg rod and gun club. roseburg oregon 4 , 3hr class every thursday night. and only $50

Glockrunner
04-16-2012, 05:47
NRA sponsors a class, "Women On Target." Many of the NRA ranges put this event on maybe once, twice a year.

Yea, us guys can help when asked but the gals pretty much do it all.

Bren
04-16-2012, 06:04
That's a good idea. I taught a women-only Basic Pistol class a few years ago, but we didn't have a female instructor. My wife was an assistant instructor at a TDSA Advanced Pistol I class for women a couple of years ago, but again they didn't have a female lead instructor.

frizz
07-14-2012, 06:29
I have to be realistic about my general opposition to male-only/female-only instruction.

This is good. I know someone who teaches a few ladies-only classes, and I am going to suggest that he have at least one female assistant.

Would the women (and women only) care to say how beneficial a female assistant would be when the training class is all-ladies, but run by a man?

Minor help to fantastic help? (Or even no help.)

I may try to learn how to set up a poll, but if anyone wants to beat me to the punch, please feel free. Remember though, that I'm looking at ladies-only classes taught by one or two men.