04-10-2012, 18:48
Things people need to remember:

Duke LaCrosse Team
Dr. Steven J. Hatfill
Richard Jewel
Tawana Brawley

Gundude
04-10-2012, 18:57
On the other hand, every once in a while a person is arrested who actually did commit the crime. :whistling:

We still don't know what exactly happened in this case.

MoneyMaker
04-10-2012, 19:04
Hes done left the country,If they was gonna charge him i think after 2 months and then after today of the attorneys saying they have no clue where he is at but a long was from florida that the florida prosecutor would have laready had federal marshalls out getting him,They are just prolonging this to try to keep it civil in florida,a month from now you wont even here about this case.

frontier2011
04-10-2012, 19:09

And that is why you get the prize!

Norske
04-10-2012, 19:21
On the other hand, every once in a while a person is arrested who actually did commit the crime. :whistling:

Trevon cannot talk. Although if, as Zimmerman says, Trevon was beating up on him, Trevon's corpse might have had some clues that he was administering a whuppin' to GZ when GZ popped him. Bruises/abraisions to the knuckles, what have you.

So far, it appears that what witnesses are available support GZ's story.

Justifiable Homicide is usually permitted in cases where "a reasonable man would fear death or grave bodily injury to the innocent".

If GZ's injuries at the time (broken nose, gashes on the back of his head), which were probably photographed by the Police the night this happened, support GZ's story, any prosecutor is going to have a hard time disproving that there was "...fear...of grave bodily injury" on the part of GZ.

I think they will find that there is nothing GZ can be successfully prosecuted for.

What GZ has to fear the most is the B' Panthers shooting him at some time down the road.

:faint:

Gundude
04-10-2012, 20:04
There seems to be little doubt GZ was getting beaten shortly before he fired the shot, but that in itself doesn't make a self-defense case.

There's far more to it than anyone on either side cares to consider, but what's certain is that behavior on both sides has been pretty poor.

Assailing the dead boy's character based on very flimsy hearsay and social network personas doesn't give one a very high pedestal to look down onto others from.

Free Radical
04-10-2012, 20:20
I don't think that he advance his cause by skipping out.

samurairabbi
04-10-2012, 20:31
Things people need to remember:

Duke LaCrosse Team
Dr. Steven J. Hatfill
Richard Jewel
Tawana Brawley

An important recent addition:

The Cambridge Mass. police entry into Harvard professor "Skip" Gates's residence. The president's instant reaction to it still haunts the White House.

JohnnyReb
04-10-2012, 21:21

As opposed to putting his life in danger with that $10,000 bounty on his head?

DOC44
04-10-2012, 21:29

where would you be under the same circumstances?

Doc44

samurairabbi
04-10-2012, 21:30

He is in fear for his physical safety; that does things to someone's judgement.

He may not be advancing his PUBLIC RELATIONS cause by being scarce, but he hasn't damaged his LEGAL cause by doing so. The Special DA will decide whether to charge without needing Zimmerman on tap and in town.

His PR situation is shot to hell, anyway. How he moves around BEFORE any charges are filed is immaterial.

juggy4711
04-10-2012, 22:22
He is in fear for his physical safety; that does things to someone's judgement.

He may not be advancing his PUBLIC RELATIONS cause by being scarce, but he hasn't damaged his LEGAL cause by doing so. The Special DA will decide whether to charge without needing Zimmerman on tap and in town.

His PR situation is shot to hell, anyway. How he moves around BEFORE any charges are filed is immaterial.

Spot on.

Big Mad Dawg
04-11-2012, 00:25
Move to an Alaskan small village he would be able to see a BP coming from far enough to have a surprise ready for them especially in the winter.

HarleyGuy
04-11-2012, 03:08
Only ONE person knows fully what happened between Martin & Zimmerman.
We all have our theories but I think that it's sickening to see and hear the TV and Radio talk show hosts (and their guests) spew a bunch of BS to the nation of something they know nothing about.

Clearly mistakes and bad judgement had a lot to do with this tragedy but as of today, Zimmerman has not even been charged with any crime, he is perfectly to go anywhere he wishes, at anytime, especially with a bunch of morons putting out a bounty on him (Dead or Alive) and not one legal authority stepping up to challenge this despicable act.

If he is charged, the state has to prove him guilty, he does not have to prove his innocence.

Piers Morgan, Nancy Grace, Dr. Drew, and all of the others should just STFU and stop trying to be judge, jury and executioner!

walt cowan
04-11-2012, 08:57
just lynch the man. everyone knows that is the only thing that will make them happy.

MoneyMaker
04-11-2012, 11:26
well if he doesnt flea the country and change idenity he is a fool,,,they are gonna find something to hang him with to please the black panthers and black community,,,1ST hour in jail and he will be killed!!!!!!!!!!!

frontier2011
04-11-2012, 16:14
This special prosecutor that just announced an indictment seems more interested in politics then seeking the truth. What a blow hard.

4Rules
04-11-2012, 16:23
ABC News Special Report - George Zimmerman Charges (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/live-news-6105570)
<http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/live-news-6105570>

Bloomberg: Zimmerman Should Not Have Been Allowed A Gun (http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/bloomberg-zimmerman-allowed-gun-16119212?tab=9482931&section=1206833)

New York City's mayor announces a campaign to fight stand-your-ground laws. (http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/bloomberg-zimmerman-allowed-gun-16119212?tab=9482931&section=1206833)

<http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/bloomberg-zimmerman-allowed-gun-16119212?tab=9482931&section=1206833>

snerd
04-11-2012, 16:34
This special prosecutor that just announced an indictment seems more interested in politics then seeking the truth. What a blow hard.
"Trayvon Martin prosecutor gives thanks for 'positive energy & prayers,' says first thing she did with Martin's parents was 'pray with them.' Byron York of the Washington Examiner.

Justice is blind?

sideseal
04-11-2012, 16:35
Best comment I read on the yahoo article:

"If the skull is split, you must acquit."

greentriple
04-11-2012, 21:49
For me as an American with the right to carry a gun I do everything I can to keep clear of any situation where I may have to use it. Avoid trouble is my mantra. Walk away from conflict. And when I have my gun, never, ever get face to face with anyone, unless 100% unavoidable.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Big Mad Dawg
04-11-2012, 22:44
Charge him it is the PC thing to do. Now let’s all lock our guns in the safe so if you are attacked no more innocent future brain surgeons are killed.

Allfal
04-12-2012, 04:04
For me as an American with the right to carry a gun I do everything I can to keep clear of any situation where I may have to use it. Avoid trouble is my mantra. Walk away from conflict. And when I have my gun, never, ever get face to face with anyone, unless 100% unavoidable.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Many have the right to carry, some even in all States. Kitty Genoves.......there are many others.

At what point does the ability to walk away not matter anymore?

You may make a mistake. You may be wrong. You make your choice and then pay the price. Godspeed.

Kingarthurhk
04-12-2012, 05:48

I think he does. The Black Panthers commited a violation of the Civil Rights Act against hime (A federal Crime-thnks for the help Holder-NOT!), and then committed another Federal Crime by issuing a death threat across state lines. Again, thanks for nothing-Holder.

In an atmosphere when an organized hate group is actively enlisting people to murder you and the government is doing nothing to stop it. You would run and hide too.