Wash post: Prosecutor to charge zimmerman [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wash post: Prosecutor to charge zimmerman

Don H
04-11-2012, 12:14
WASH POST: PROSECUTOR TO CHARGE ZIMMERMAN

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/george-zimmerman-to-be-charged-in-trayvon-martin-shooting-law-enforcement-official-says/2012/04/11/gIQAHJ5oAT_print.html

JBnTX
04-11-2012, 12:26
Just do the math:

Charge Zimmerman and everything calms down and goes away.
Don't charge Zimmerman and all hell breaks loose.

It's just a question of who the Florida prosecutor is more afraid of.

callihan_44
04-11-2012, 13:08
this is going to be interesting, wondering if they are just going to throw charges at him and hope something sticks? How the hell can he get a fair trial with the media already convicting him?

Gunnut 45/454
04-11-2012, 13:41
callihan_44
Exactly! A Prosecutor can and will find some law to charge.
We obvious no longer live in the country we once had. When it was the States/Gov that had to show just cause for an arrest. Now granted we don't know everything- we don't have the Forensics which I feels is the only way they can justify any charge. Cause there is no eyewitness other than Zimmerman. I can't wait to see the warrent for the arrest and what evidence to brought before a judge to get it. What really has been getting my goat is how all these pundents ( even Judge Napolitono) have been saying if and when this goes to trail Zimmerman will have to testify! Ah no he will not as it is totally the burden of the State to prove guilt! He doesn't have to say one word. And he should not be arrested with no proof of a crime being commited- which unless the foresics shows completely opposite of what Zimmerman claims! And we have an eyewitness stating he saw Martin on top of Zimmerman.:faint:

Dogpatch06
04-11-2012, 14:07
It seems that Zimmerman pursued Martin, so I wonder how well "Stand your Ground" laws will protect him.

Regardless of what happened once the confrontation began, the fact that Zimmerman was the one chasing Martin may be what hangs him.

maxsnafu
04-11-2012, 14:17
It seems that Zimmerman pursued Martin, so I wonder how well "Stand your Ground" laws will protect him.

Regardless of what happened once the confrontation began, the fact that Zimmerman was the one chasing Martin may be what hangs him.

Following Martin is a little different from "chasing Martin" don't you think?

Dogpatch06
04-11-2012, 14:19
Also would have been interesting if Martin had been armed, and shot and killed Zimmerman to defend himself.

I am guessing Martin would have arrested at the scene.

whoflungdo
04-11-2012, 14:32
Also would have been interesting if Martin had been armed, and shot and killed Zimmerman to defend himself.

I am guessing Martin would have arrested at the scene.

Exactly because an illegally armed 17 year old always stays at the scene to talk to the police, right?

Gunnut 45/454
04-11-2012, 14:58
Dogpatch06
Lets get beyond the MSMNBC spin here! What evidence do you have to support your claims. There was an eyewitness that saw Martin on top of Zimmerman- If Martin was being chased as everyone claim why would he be on top of Zimmerman bashing his head against the side walk? Why no tape of Martin calling the 911 saying some guys chasing me? Yet he had time to call his GF? Why do we see -video of Zimmerman with cuts on his head? Like I said unless there is clear evidence that Zimmerman shot Martin in other then the stated facts they should not and can not legally charge him! Stand your ground law was put into law to stop the State from charging people for a selfdefense shooting- the state has to have evidence it wasn't selfdefense or they can't charge you! And believe it or not -someone on top of you bashing your head into a cement sidewalk is justification to shoot that person! Armed or not!:faint:

Dogpatch06
04-11-2012, 15:43
Dogpatch06
Lets get beyond the MSMNBC spin here! What evidence do you have to support your claims.

I dont know much about the case. My only "evidence" is what Zimmerman said on his 911 call...that he was following Martin.

Since Zimmerman was in pursuit of Martin, the Stand Your Ground defense may not fly. In fact, it seems that Martin had more of a "Stand your Ground" defense than Zimmerman (unfortunately Martin wasn't armed and was unable to defend himself).

That was the only point I am making.

Angry Fist
04-11-2012, 15:45
Second degree murder, looks like.

Angry Fist
04-11-2012, 15:52
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_20372722/official-charges-coming-trayvon-martin-death He's currently in custody. Prayers for George and his family.

Gunnut 45/454
04-11-2012, 15:59
Dogpatch06
And I can follow you or anyone else anywheere I wish to in public! That is not a crime! Zimmerman was doing his job as a neighborhood watchman. Technically if Martin was anywhere else then on a sidewalk while going through the estate he was TRESSPASSING! Just heard -they are going to charge 2nd degree murder! I can't wait to here how they cam up with this. I see a very big pay day for Zimmerman!

madbaumer
04-11-2012, 16:07
Second degree murder, looks like.

You are correct...it was just announced.

Dogpatch06
04-11-2012, 16:20
Technically if Martin was anywhere else then on a sidewalk while going through the estate he was TRESSPASSING!

Lol.

Hope Zimmerman has a better defense than that! :rofl:

Kingarthurhk
04-11-2012, 16:35
Moral of the story. Never follow someone who is black. Because, apparently they have every right to do anything they wish to you, no matter what the law says. Also, the Black Panthers can openly issue death threats on National Television, and nothing is done, not even under the RICO statute. Also, because everyone is afraid of what other black people will do, you must be prosecuted whther the charge is legitimate or not. Shameful, to make this a racial issue WHEN IT NEVER WAS, until the Black Pathers and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson made it one.

Conclusion: Don't follow a black man who has a fountain drink and skittles, because if you do, he will attempt to beat you to death; and if you do anything to resist that could harm said man-you will be hunted like a dog and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, no matter what the law actually says.

Futher conclusion: Florida needs to drift away to Cuba, they need more land mass. Because, if it is willing to do this to their citizenry based on a clear racial bias, then it is no longer a free state. When it ignores its own laws, to appease the masses who are beating a racial drum that never existed then it is an embarrasment and no rational person should or want to live there.