Miracle caught on tape. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Miracle caught on tape.

Gunhaver
04-11-2012, 14:36
What do you think? I noticed several things.

http://www.godvine.com/Woman-Drowning-in-her-SUV-is-Miraculously-Saved-1342.html

Roering
04-11-2012, 15:06
What do you think? I noticed several things.

http://www.godvine.com/Woman-Drowning-in-her-SUV-is-Miraculously-Saved-1342.html

Windows were still closed when they pulled the car out.

OK. If she just passed through the window/car/whatever without anything opening survey says miracle.

But....

A door could have opened and then at some point closed again while being pulled out.

Hard to say for sure. I'd be interested to hear from the woman inside regarding what she perceived as happening.

What did you notice?

TN.Frank
04-11-2012, 15:11
There are Miracles going on around us all the time, everyday, hundreds maybe thousands of times a day. We just don't notice because we don't see anything happen.
When you're getting ready to go to the store and an old friend that you've not talked to in months calls and you sit and talk for a few minutes then go to the store only to find out that someone had ran a stop sign a few minutes before at the intersection where you would have been had they not called, that was a Miracle. You just won't notice it because nothing took place out of the ordinary when really, it did.

janice6
04-11-2012, 15:17
Very well could have been a miracle, or she could have hit a window up button while flailing during her egress.

Norske
04-11-2012, 15:30
Two possibilities.

First, notice her windshield wipers kept going. She had power for quite some time before the car went all the way under.

(1) Opened window, she gets out, hits "close" button on way out.

(2) By the time she got out, the car was completely under. Which probably means there was water on both sides of her door, pressure equalized, so it could now open. Then close again after she got out. That would not have required any electricity at that point.

Not a miracle.

Roering
04-11-2012, 15:39
Two possibilities.

First, notice her windshield wipers kept going. She had power for quite some time before the car went all the way under.

(2) By the time she got out, the car was completely under. Which probably means there was water on both sides of her door, pressure equalized, so it could now open. Then close again after she got out. That would not have required any electricity at that point.

Not a miracle.

You really think that car had a "close" button for the window? Not exactly standard on a early model POS Norske.

Roering
04-11-2012, 15:42
Is it just me or does it look like she is able to stand on something when "swimming" back to the car just for a moment. If the door was opened she may have been able to stand on it. Could explain what I think I'm seeing.

/Would love to hear from her what happened.

MadMonkey
04-11-2012, 15:50
When you're getting ready to go to the store and an old friend that you've not talked to in months calls and you sit and talk for a few minutes then go to the store only to find out that someone had ran a stop sign a few minutes before at the intersection where you would have been had they not called, that was a Miracle.

What if an old friend you haven't talked to for months calls right when you're leaving for the store, and then someone runs a stop sign and kills you because the friend made you late? :whistling:

G23Gen4TX
04-11-2012, 16:47
It's not a miracle. It's a test. God was testing her swimming abilities.

Watch mythbusters episode about car under water. She opened the door and got out when the pressure was equalized.

The only thing I agree is that according to Darwinism she should of been dead. But then god sent her angles to save her blah, blah, blah.

lomfs24
04-11-2012, 17:01
Two possibilities.

Not a miracle. Number 1 doesn't seem possible. Cars tend to have auto down buttons that you only hit once but typically don't have auto up button you only hit once. IMHO, option one is right out.

Number two though, this is what we are trained in with swift water rescue. The top side of the car is relatively air tight, some air will leak out slowly but it takes time. The bottom of the car though, with holes in the firewall and floor boards is not water tight. Engine weight pulls the nose of the car down as you all saw. The cab begins to slowly fill with water and the car slowly sinks...as we observed. The level of the water will be, not even with, but pretty close to the level of the water outside. After the car sinks the water in the cab continues to rise. At some point the pressure differences are close enough to get the door open, the guy reaches in, feels her and pulls her to safety. With all those people thrashing around the door get's kicked and closes. Or, as the tow truck is pulling the car from the water the car is being pulled forward. The water on the door as it get's pulled forward causes the door to close.

No miracle here, just some heroic efforts of bystanders. Hat's off to those guys, they put themselves in a position that many trained rescuers dread.

TN.Frank
04-11-2012, 17:08
What if an old friend you haven't talked to for months calls right when you're leaving for the store, and then someone runs a stop sign and kills you because the friend made you late? :whistling:

UnMiracle?:dunno:

lomfs24
04-11-2012, 17:15
This is nearly the true story of my cousin. He was a self proclaimed, self taught "Chemist" as well as an alcoholic. What that really means is that he drank a lot and made his own drugs. One day he decided that he needed to clean his life up. He quit drinking, got himself cleaned up from the drugs as beginning to rejoin society when he stepped of the curb in downtown Salt Lake City and BAM! got hit by a truck. Literally, got hit by a truck.

If he had still been drunk and stoned in his basement he wouldn't have been hit by a truck.

G23Gen4TX
04-11-2012, 17:16
Number 1 doesn't seem possible. Cars tend to have auto down buttons that you only hit once but typically don't have auto up button you only hit once. IMHO, option one is right out.

Number two though, this is what we are trained in with swift water rescue. The top side of the car is relatively air tight, some air will leak out slowly but it takes time. The bottom of the car though, with holes in the firewall and floor boards is not water tight. Engine weight pulls the nose of the car down as you all saw. The cab begins to slowly fill with water and the car slowly sinks...as we observed. The level of the water will be, not even with, but pretty close to the level of the water outside. After the car sinks the water in the cab continues to rise. At some point the pressure differences are close enough to get the door open, the guy reaches in, feels her and pulls her to safety. With all those people thrashing around the door get's kicked and closes. Or, as the tow truck is pulling the car from the water the car is being pulled forward. The water on the door as it get's pulled forward causes the door to close.

No miracle here, just some heroic efforts of bystanders. Hat's off to those guys, they put themselves in a position that many trained rescuers dread.

Did you NOT see Jesus come out of the tail pipe as they pulled the car out? He was under water with her and made her go through the window.

ArtificialGrape
04-11-2012, 17:17
There are Miracles going on around us all the time, everyday, hundreds maybe thousands of times a day. We just don't notice because we don't see anything happen.
When you're getting ready to go to the store and an old friend that you've not talked to in months calls and you sit and talk for a few minutes then go to the store only to find out that someone had ran a stop sign a few minutes before at the intersection where you would have been had they not called, that was a Miracle. You just won't notice it because nothing took place out of the ordinary when really, it did.
In the Old Testament miracles were pretty impressive... parting a sea, holding the sun and moon in place, raising the dead. Today everything from healing from a disease while being aggressively treated by modern medicine to finding lost car keys after praying (that's actually from an older thread) is considered a miracle.

It seems that the standard for "miracle" has really been lowered.

-ArtificialGrape

lomfs24
04-11-2012, 17:18
Did you NOT see Jesus come out of the tail pipe as they pulled the car out? He was under water with her and made her go through the window.

In all fairness, I did see a little spurt of water moments before she was drug from the water. I just assumed that was the rest of the air escaping from the cab as the door was opened. BUT it could have been Jesus himself. :wavey:

ksg0245
04-11-2012, 17:31
Number 1 doesn't seem possible. Cars tend to have auto down buttons that you only hit once but typically don't have auto up button you only hit once. IMHO, option one is right out.

Just a data point, my '88 BMW has auto up windows. My 2012 Dodge only has auto down.

MadMonkey
04-11-2012, 17:39
This is nearly the true story of my cousin. He was a self proclaimed, self taught "Chemist" as well as an alcoholic. What that really means is that he drank a lot and made his own drugs. One day he decided that he needed to clean his life up. He quit drinking, got himself cleaned up from the drugs as beginning to rejoin society when he stepped of the curb in downtown Salt Lake City and BAM! got hit by a truck. Literally, got hit by a truck.

If he had still been drunk and stoned in his basement he wouldn't have been hit by a truck.

Ouch... that has a Cop & the Anthem feel to it :shocked:

Dalton Wayne
04-11-2012, 17:42
I don't see a miracle just a brave rescue, why would god save one and let others die in horrible accidents:dunno:

Vic Hays
04-11-2012, 18:14
I don't see a miracle just a brave rescue, why would god save one and let others die in horrible accidents:dunno:

It wasn't her time. The Lord has a plan for her life something she needs to do or something God wants her to do.

Vic Hays
04-11-2012, 18:20
double tap

G23Gen4TX
04-11-2012, 19:43
It wasn't her time. The Lord has a plan for her life something she needs to do or something God wants her to do.

Then why put her in the water to start with?

Sounds like god is on his period and can't decide.

Gunhaver
04-11-2012, 20:15

That's everything right there. I saw the bubble release just before she came up too. Also I could swear I saw the rear drivers side window at 0:32 just before the scene cut. If it's a reflection it looks just like the way safety glass breaks. Why weren't we shown the unbroken windows when the car was pulled out? That's a pretty big part of the story.

But she comes out of the car under water where nobody can see what happens. It's like the magician that has to put a woman in a box to saw her in half or behind a curtain to make her disappear so you can't see the trick. There's always a trick.

steveksux
04-11-2012, 20:21

UnMiracle?:dunno:

Mierdacle?

Randy

TKM
04-11-2012, 20:27
In the Old Testament miracles were pretty impressive... parting a sea, holding the sun and moon in place, raising the dead. Today everything from healing from a disease while being aggressively treated by modern medicine to finding lost car keys after praying (that's actually from an older thread) is considered a miracle.

It seems that the standard for "miracle" has really been lowered.

-ArtificialGrape

I pray for Chocolate Pudding on a regular basis.

Do I get any? No!

And I'm not going to buy any because of the "God helps those who help themselves" nitwits.

I want my freaking magic chocolate pudding damnit!

I need a sacramental martini.:steamed:

steveksux
04-11-2012, 20:33
In all fairness, I did see a little spurt of water moments before she was drug from the water. I just assumed that was the rest of the air escaping from the cab as the door was opened. BUT it could have been Jesus himself. :wavey:Jesus must have farted as he pulled her through the closed window!

Jesus: "Give Me your hand, dear, I'll save you"
Jesus: " I said give Me your hand, not pull My finger..."

Randy

lomfs24
04-11-2012, 22:16
Just a data point, my '88 BMW has auto up windows. My 2012 Dodge only has auto down.

I could see that some if not most of the upper end cars would have auto up switches. Once you get an auto down switch figured out you are only one relay and one more pole on the switch from having an auto up switch too. When I said "Cars tend to..." I should have said was "Cars that I have seen tend to..."

lomfs24
04-11-2012, 22:23
Ouch... that has a Cop & the Anthem feel to it :shocked:

I suppose. True story though.
http://www.powelltribune.com/news/item/1985-

http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_8099650

I wasn't real close to him and had only met him a couple times in my life.

Vic Hays
04-11-2012, 22:27
Then why put her in the water to start with?

Sounds like god is on his period and can't decide.

A wake up call. God has a purpose for all of us. Some may not fulfill that purpose.

lomfs24
04-11-2012, 22:35
A wake up call. God has a purpose for all of us. Some may not fulfill that purpose.

Because it wouldn't be that she ignored repeated warning about driving through water and especially moving water from a recent down pour. :whistling: I lived in Northern New Mexico and everywhere from the Mexican border to Denver, continually, on the news they are giving warnings about "Don't drive through flooding roads, you won't make it."

Come on folks! Really? We see this every time there is a flood. Dumb people drive through flooding roadways. Some make it, some don't. It's just too easy to give God credit were credit isn't due. We should really be saying "Yep, Darwin was right. Some people are just too stupid to live."

Tommy Hanrahan
04-11-2012, 22:42
Miracle? Yeah, and I have 2 foot tallywhacker.
Thread should titled "Retard caught on tape."

Vic Hays
04-11-2012, 22:44
Come on folks! Really? We see this every time there is a flood. Dumb people drive through flooding roadways. Some make it, some don't. It's just too easy to give God credit were credit isn't due. We should really be saying "Yep, Darwin was right. Some people are just too stupid to live."

Do you have a God given purpose for your life or do you have no purpose?

lomfs24
04-11-2012, 22:45
Miracle? Yeah, and I have 2 foot tallywhacker.
Thread should titled "Retard caught on tape."

You do?! That's a miracle there!

lomfs24
04-11-2012, 22:49

That question is worded like "Have you stopped beating your wife?" There is no correct answer for it.

Yes, I have a purpose in life. The Flying Spaghetti Monster came to me in a dream and said "Go forth and save victims in peril". So I became a firefighter and EMT. I can still smell the meatballs.

G23Gen4TX
04-11-2012, 23:43

In that case I fulfill his purpose for me. I deny his existence.

Goldendog Redux
04-12-2012, 00:22

Many risked a lot to save a grown up, sentient human being, with absolutely zero will to survive from certain death. I guess I should not be so jaded but damn woman, do something.

MF

Geko45
04-12-2012, 06:53
The Flying Spaghetti Monster came to me in a dream and said "Go forth and save victims in peril". So I became a firefighter and EMT. I can still smell the meatballs.

Touched by His noodly appendage...

Norske
04-12-2012, 09:48
You really think that car had a "close" button for the window? Not exactly standard on a early model POS Norske.

Yeah, on my way home I fiddled with my own "close" button.

Unlike "down", you have to hold "close" for the window to go all the way up.

So, forget (1).

That leaves (2) the more likely option anyway. Water pressure equalized, door opened, she got out, door closed.

Or, (3) a miracle; she was teleported from within to without.

:supergrin:

Norske
04-12-2012, 09:51

"I ain't falling for no Jesus in the tailpipe".

:supergrin:

ksg0245
04-12-2012, 18:37

A false dilemma (also called false dichotomy, the either-or fallacy, fallacy of false choice, black-and-white thinking, or the fallacy of exhaustive hypotheses) is a type of logical fallacy that involves a situation in which only two alternatives are considered, when in fact there is at least one additional option. The options may be a position that is between the two extremes (such as when there are shades of grey) or may be a completely different alternative. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma)

herose
04-12-2012, 23:37
G23Gen4TX
The only thing I agree is that according to Darwinism she should of been dead. But then god sent her angles to save her blah, blah, blah.

Angles? God sent angles to save her? That's freaking funny. Did he send triangles, or rectangles, what kind did he send.

G23Gen4TX
04-12-2012, 23:47
Angles? God sent angles to save her? That's freaking funny. Did he send triangles, or rectangles, what kind did he send.

Forgive my ignorance of the English language. It's not my native language and obviously the spell checker did not catch that.

Bet I can beat anyone here in Jesus' native language, though.

Geko45
04-13-2012, 08:48
Forgive my ignorance of the English language. It's not my native language and obviously the spell checker did not catch that.

Don't let him bother you. At least your angles are acute. His are obtuse.

:whistling:

Woofie
04-13-2012, 10:52
Don't let him bother you. At least your angles are acute. His are obtuse.

:whistling:

No matter how obtuse they are, he will always view them as right angles.

Geko45
04-13-2012, 12:40
No matter how obtuse they are, he will always view them as right angles.

Pythagoras would be turning in his grave.

Woofie
04-13-2012, 13:21
Pythagoras would be turning in his grave.

This is a sine we've gone off on a tangent.

Geko45
04-13-2012, 13:42

Bert is gonna show up and start ranting without end about "completed infinities".

lomfs24
04-13-2012, 13:43

Really? Math jokes? :rofl:

Geko45
04-13-2012, 13:57
Really? Math jokes? :rofl:

Seemed the rational thing to do, but perhaps we should be more discrete. Unfortunately, some here insist upon the imaginary.

Woofie
04-13-2012, 14:38
Bert is gonna show up and start ranting without end about "completed infinities".

He's not trying to be differential. Bert just wants to be an integral part of the discussion.