Any data on shootings involving synthetic drug users [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any data on shootings involving synthetic drug users

robrike
04-11-2012, 20:03
Mr Ayoob.
I just left a seminar given by our local Police chief and County Sheriff, a Regional DEA Agent and our Local ER Doctor on Synthetic Drugs. Very scary stuff being told about this stuff. I am a Volunteer Firefighter and have run across a few users at MVA Scenes but they have never been overly aggressive.
I am just curious, is there any statistical data on Officer Shootings involving bath salt users? The Doctor there says he has pushed 30mg of Ativan on an out of control user (4mg being normal "Lights out" dose) and the guy was still wide awake and talking. He says his anesthesiologists have nothing in there arsenal of drugs to guarantee they can put these patients out.
With that said, are we looking at a massive blood loss or traumatic CNS wound to incapacitate these subjects in a home invasion or other shooting? This stuff seems worse than the 80's and 90's Cocaine user shootings.
Should I trade in my 12 gauge 870 with 00 buck for a bazooka?? :)
Thanks for all your time and knowledge,
Rob

Mas Ayoob
04-11-2012, 21:02
I'm not aware of any central data base collecting that sort of thing.

Whether it's bath salts, cocaine, or just raw homicidal rage, there are X number of opponents whose homicidal violence can only be stopped by short circuiting their central nervous system, shattering their skeletal support to where they can't maintain combative action, or draining their hydraulics until there is no longer sufficient oxygenated blood in their brain to sustain consciousness.

I'm afraid it was like that long before the drugs du jour.

Wishing alertness and readiness to all who have to deal with such opponents,

Mas

robrike
04-13-2012, 21:27
Mr Ayoob,
Thank you for the reply. I had a feeling that the same methods of incapacitation would apply but it is nice to hear it from an expert. I guess those methods of incapacitation are universal across the board no matter what.
Thank you again,
Rob