Trayvon Martin's mom says she thinks his killing was an 'accident' [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trayvon Martin's mom says she thinks his killing was an 'accident'

DOC44
04-12-2012, 07:28
What's up with this?????.... mom, dad, and lawyer sitting there...."all I wanted was an apology."

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/12/11159111-trayvon-martins-mom-says-she-thinks-his-killing-was-an-accident?lite

Doc44

Gun Shark
04-12-2012, 07:46
Interesting, does this mean she just wants this over with, and to move one with her life, or does she disagree with the state bringing 2nd degree murder charges against Zimmerman. I wonder if this will hurt the states case.

HexHead
04-12-2012, 07:50
What happened to two months of "My son was hunted down like a dog"?

Maybe she's feeling remorse now that her lies may end up with him getting life?

Flintlocker
04-12-2012, 07:56
What happened to two months of "My son was hunted down like a dog"?

Maybe she's feeling remorse now that her lies may end up with him getting life?

Her lies? I'm going to need to some documentation on that one.

HexHead
04-12-2012, 08:00
Her lies? I'm going to need to some documentation on that one.

I don't owe you squat.

samurairabbi
04-12-2012, 08:02
She (and her advisors) may have had a sobering realization: there will now be a trial. At a trial, EVERYTHING will come out: school suspensions, recovery of deleted facebook pages, various versions of what actually happened to cause the fatal confrontation. Until now, it would be easy to present an image of a deceased family member as a "victim" of a cruel society; at a trial, the defense will be examining (and presenting) everything it can find. The "adversarial" nature of the legal system makes this inevitable, and the mother may now be realizing what is about to happen.

In a claim of "self-defense", the defense counsel will be given great leeway in presenting evidence of the deceased person's appearance and character. Clothing, actions, facebook page content, and CURRENT photographs of the deceased will come into play.

Lethaltxn
04-12-2012, 08:03
I don't owe you squat.

:rofl: :rofl:

DOC44
04-12-2012, 08:07
I don't owe you squat.

She would probably like 1200 squats.

Doc44

Lethaltxn
04-12-2012, 08:08
She would probably like 1200 squats.

Doc44

Oh, I see what you did there.

Chuck TX
04-12-2012, 08:21
She (and her advisors) may have had a sobering realization: there will now be a trial. At a trial, EVERYTHING will come out: school suspensions, recovery of deleted facebook pages, various versions of what actually happened to cause the fatal confrontation. Until now, it would be easy to present an image of a deceased family member as a "victim" of a cruel society; at a trial, the defense will be examining (and presenting) everything it can find. The "adversarial" nature of the legal system makes this inevitable, and the mother may now be realizing what is about to happen.

In a claim of "self-defense", the defense counsel will be given great leeway in presenting evidence of the deceased person's appearance and character. Clothing, actions, facebook page content, and CURRENT photographs of the deceased will come into play.

Yep. Careful what you wish for.

mj9mm
04-12-2012, 08:30
Maybe they have second thoughts about their sons record being exposed:whistling:

Flintlocker
04-12-2012, 08:45
I don't owe you squat.

Ahh, interesting. Another witless coward that can't back that crap the spills out of their mouth with evidence or facts. You are a unique snowflake.

Flintlocker
04-12-2012, 08:53

It's kinda like that time you raped that chick but she deserved it. She dressed like a slut and a had a pic on facebook.

SGT HATRED
04-12-2012, 08:59
^ lol

Goaltender66
04-12-2012, 09:00

Not to mention the threat to her business plan of selling Justice for Trayvon™ - branded merchandise.

callihan_44
04-12-2012, 09:06
this is bazaar indeed, AL SHARPTONGUE is preaching love now? WTF?

cowboy1964
04-12-2012, 09:12
Why weren't they saying this like two weeks ago?

Bassman1985
04-12-2012, 09:16

Maybe someone got through to them that they will be the ones blamed when the riots start following the acquittal?

DOC44
04-12-2012, 09:18

this just got serious..... its all gonna come out .... where is uncle jessie and big al now....

I wanna see T's daddy's girl friend that lives in that community he was visiting.

Lets tell it all.

Doc44

whoflungdo
04-12-2012, 09:23
My opinion, which means squat and is meaningless in the case, is that they are going to go after the HOA and the insurance company for allowing this "accident" to happen or for at least allowing the environment for this to happen.

Trust me.. the word accident was not accidentally used...

whoflungdo
04-12-2012, 09:25
Double post...

meshmdz
04-12-2012, 09:25
Here's how it went down.

George was a wanna be cop, like many of you on this forum, and was doing his neighborhood watch thing one night. He was carrying a weapon which he was illegally carrying due to his domestic violence misdemeanor, and saw a black kid walking down the other side of the road. Zimmerman called 911 and disobeyed the dispatcher. He went over to Martin and stopped him probably tellin him to get the hell out of the neighborhood. Martin punches Zimmerman in the face and Zimmerman kills Martin.

Manslaughter at best. The end.

09crue
04-12-2012, 09:37
Here's how it went down.

George was a wanna be cop, like many of you on this forum, and was doing his neighborhood watch thing one night. He was carrying a weapon which he was illegally carrying due to his domestic violence misdemeanor, and saw a black kid walking down the other side of the road. Zimmerman called 911 and disobeyed the dispatcher. He went over to Martin and stopped him probably tellin him to get the hell out of the neighborhood. Martin punches Zimmerman in the face and Zimmerman kills Martin.

sorry,but your facts are just a bit distorted and your calling others on here wanna be's..:rofl:

ChuteTheMall
04-12-2012, 09:39
If she decides to switch to calling it an accident, there goes the malicious intent required for Murder 2.

Maybe she figured out that there's less money to be made by putting GZ in prison for a few years than there might be from a civil $uit. Remember OJ.

Or maybe all she wants is an apology and a few more T-shirt sales. :whistling:

Sendarr
04-12-2012, 09:39
Quite distorted.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

RussP
04-12-2012, 10:13
Here's how it went down.

Manslaughter at best. The end.I do believe you are short a few facts about licensing in Florida and how it is applicable to Zimmerman's real history. He was carrying legally.

:cool:

Lethaltxn
04-12-2012, 10:39
Here's how it went down.

You should give your eyewitness testimony to the authorities.

TBO
04-12-2012, 11:12
This is a classic tactic in a Civil Suit. There is no "excuse" in an accident, and full liability.

It covers the bases by removing the issue of "justified use of deadly force" or "Intent".

I believe she's focused on the $$$ the civil trial will target.

jmho

oldman11
04-12-2012, 11:19

You're right Samurai. After 2 months of spewed hatred for whites she is now back pedaling in attempt to disclaim the racial hatred that she showed in the past. I'm sure this is a plot by her attorney's and the special prosecutor to try and make her look good before testifying at the trial. If Zim is acquitted (which he should be), then you will see her start right back with the race card.

oldman11
04-12-2012, 11:22
You should give your eyewitness testimony to the authorities.
You have no idea what you are talking about. You are just making this up as you go. Which makes me wonder why you are on this forum.

windplex
04-12-2012, 11:24
This is a classic tactic in a Civil Suit. There is no "excuse" in an accident, and full liability.

It covers the bases by removing the issue of "justified use of deadly force" or "Intent".

I believe she's focused on the $$$ the civil trial will target.

jmho

interesting!

My first thought was zimmerman can't commentanswer her questions or apolgize do to potential legal charges.

My thought as to the charge is that mob wanted him assisinated or lynched.

the special prosecutor/govoner/obama's minions have kicked the can down the road.

my take is the mob wants him tried and then imprisioned or executed.

so what happens when/if his is found not guilty on this charge? will the mob accept that he was tried in a court of law by a jury of his peers and accept the outcome. or will the mob riot.

my guess is the latter.

brickboy240
04-12-2012, 11:33
What if it comes out that Zimmerman DID fire in self defense and that he was being attacked by a 6ft 3in boy?

Zimmerman's life is essentially ruined in this fracas....sad...really.

- brickboy240

Lethaltxn
04-12-2012, 11:37
You have no idea what you are talking about. You are just making this up as you go. Which makes me wonder why you are on this forum.

WTH are you talking about?

windplex
04-12-2012, 11:52
What if it comes out that Zimmerman DID fire in self defense and that he was being attacked by a 6ft 3in boy?

Zimmerman's life is essentially ruined in this fracas....sad...really.

- brickboy240

you are missing the greater good. it helps obama fire up the base and takes some pressure off of him. stop thinking so selfishly:rofl:

samurairabbi
04-12-2012, 12:10
You're right Samurai. After 2 months of spewed hatred for whites she is now back pedaling in attempt to disclaim the racial hatred that she showed in the past. I'm sure this is a plot by her attorney's and the special prosecutor to try and make her look good before testifying at the trial. If Zim is acquitted (which he should be), then you will see her start right back with the race card.

Your observations are on the mark, too. If Zim IS acquitted, then civil unrest becomes probable, in addition to the mother's resurrection of the racial issue.

I offer another conjecture: the Murder Two charge is a legal tactic that may backfire. This case, at THIS moment, has the makings of a jury returning a "compromise" verdict for its own internal reasons. The range of possible verdicts is now (with allowance for my unfamiliarty with Florida law):

Murder Two
Voluntary Manslaughter
Involuntary Manslaughter
Justifiable Homicide
Not Guilty

A jury trying for a compromise verdict would NOT convict on the top count. The DA is, I believe, seasoned enough to know this. If the DA is hoping for at least a Voluntary Manslaughter verdict, the Murder Two charge would be included to make a Voluntary Manslaughter verdict possible for a desperate jury.

This legal tactic may backfire in public opinion. Zim's supporters will be VERY motivated to assist him in fighting a MURDER charge; this motivation will be financially useful to the defense investigation of the "background" of the deceased. It will also raise the expectations of the Martin advocates; when a lesser verdict (or Acquital) comes back, they will be even more aggravated, since their appetites have been whetted for a true "murder" verdict.

This one is sure to get even messier, unlikely as this may now sound.

DOC44
04-12-2012, 15:29
T's mom now says she retracting the accident statement and now is saying Z hunted down her son and murdered him.

I guess she misspoke.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/trayvon-martin-mom-sybrina-fulton-zimmerman-shooting-accident-122512394.html

What a load of crap.

Doc44

NDCent
04-12-2012, 16:30
T's mom now says she retracting the accident statement and now is saying Z hunted down her son and murdered him.

I guess she misspoke.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/trayvon-martin-mom-sybrina-fulton-zimmerman-shooting-accident-122512394.html

What a load of crap.

Doc44
Sharpton slapped them around a bit and got them back on point. She has to keep with the program until time for the civil suits and book/movie deals.

jellis11
04-12-2012, 16:43
I think we should all just settle down. GZ and T's mommy will soon each have their own books in a few months. We can read the facts then :)

meshmdz
04-13-2012, 08:47
I stand corrected in regards to not knowing Floridas licensing for people who have been arrested for DV, which in zimmermans case, IS a fact.

Lethaltxn
04-13-2012, 08:57
I stand corrected in regards to not knowing Floridas licensing for people who have been arrested for DV, which in zimmermans case, IS a fact.

He wasn't convicted. Lots of people are arrested everyday for a variety of allegations. Are all of those folks automatically guilty?

windplex
04-13-2012, 09:07
race baiting is important industry in this country. and for some their only source of income and power. i guess she found out the hard way that the powers dont want it to be a mistake nor hear her say that. mistakes do not support the race baiters and thier needs.

windplex
04-13-2012, 09:27
i am still surprized that a group of people who had lynchings done to their forefathers not that long ago would turn around and want to do the same to a person not known to be guilty. seems ironic to me.

stormspotter
04-13-2012, 09:56
Last night, on O'Reilly, she said he was murdered.

GWSHARK
04-13-2012, 11:25
Last night, on O'Reilly, she said he was murdered.

Yeah... I was wondering why yall were still talking about accident...

she has retracted that saying she misspoke

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/12/11159111-update-trayvon-martins-mom-retracts-accident-characterization-says-zimmerman-killed-him-in-cold-blood?pc=25&sp=275

DOC44
04-13-2012, 11:50

I guess she misspoke.

What a load of crap.

Doc44

Yeah... I was wondering why yall were still talking about accident...

she has retracted that saying she misspoke

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...d?pc=25&sp=275

WE are not... I posted her retraction yesterday.

Doc44

janice6
04-13-2012, 11:56
That was so "5 Minutes ago".

Javelin
04-13-2012, 12:01

This.

:rofl:

glockeglock
04-13-2012, 13:10

windplex
04-13-2012, 14:04
"I believe it was an accident. I believe that it just got out of control and he couldn't turn the clock back."

]I misspoke; George Zimmerman stalked my son and murdered him in cold blood

i dont think mispoke means what she thinks it does

samurairabbi
04-13-2012, 14:21

That statement is so twelve seconds ago!

janice6
04-13-2012, 15:01
That statement is so twelve seconds ago!

Yes, Yes it was.

oldman11
04-13-2012, 15:22
WTH are you talking about?
Sorry about that. It wasn't meant for your post. :zipmouth:

Lethaltxn
04-13-2012, 15:27
Sorry about that. It wasn't meant for your post. :zipmouth:

No worries. I figured you were referring to the quote in my post.

samurairabbi
04-13-2012, 15:35
Yes, Yes it was.

... and tomorrow, THIS statement will be so YESTERDAY!

(Sorry if I am pumping this wiseguy shtick so hard. This thread can use a little hijacking, and I want my IBTL action.)

G29Reload
04-13-2012, 15:37
RE the OP:

Who cares what she thinks. She wasn't there. she doens't know what she's talking about so she should zip it.

oldman11
04-13-2012, 17:02
No worries. I figured you were referring to the quote in my post.
You're right, that's where it was supposed to go. Thank you for understanding.

meshmdz
04-16-2012, 17:30
No sir, if he wasn't convicted, then he's not guilty. Just knew he was arrested for DV.

meshmdz
04-16-2012, 17:33
Second degree murder is going to be hard to get him on. Manslaughter will be probably what Zimmerman gets nailed with in the end. However, they are saying this case won't even go to trial this year! Insanity.