Conceal carry = bad and is a cash cow. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Conceal carry = bad and is a cash cow.

OctoberRust
04-12-2012, 13:55
Russ advised a member to make their own thread on this.
I'm giving them a little "push" to help articulate what's wrong with "strapping a gun on" every day.

Inquiring minds (or at least me) would like to know.

Thanks!

Warp
04-12-2012, 13:58
The stand your ground came into play when ask Do you Have a problem with Me, That is a threat, Zimmerman held his ground and said no.

All you people are worrying about your Stand your Ground laws and are trying to divert attention away from law so as to try and save it. Its gone, it coming, here in Florida. Now just get rid of CCW. Only an idiot straps a gun on every day

Quoted into this thread

OctoberRust
04-12-2012, 14:00
Quoted into this thread

:dunno: I guess that makes two of us.

TSAX
04-12-2012, 14:05
:popcorn:

:50cal:

xmanhockey7
04-12-2012, 14:12
If you don't carry everyday (or at least for me whenever possible) when do you carry? Should you do it every other day or when you think "Yeah I'll probably need it today. Better grab it".

OctoberRust
04-12-2012, 14:14
If you don't carry everyday (or at least for me whenever possible) when do you carry? Should you do it every other day or when you think "Yeah I'll probably need it today. Better grab it".

Me personally? I just call miss Cleo each time I leave my house, she lets me know if I'll need my gun or not. :rofl:

http://www.observer.com/files/2008/02/Transfers-MissCleo1H-300x147.jpg

RussP
04-12-2012, 14:26
If you want a civil discussion, start it out that way. Of course, if you do not want to be taken seriously...

OctoberRust
04-12-2012, 14:30
If you want a civil discussion, start it out that way. Of course, if you do not want to be taken seriously...

True, and I really am curious to see what Kat has to say. We all think we've heard it all, but who knows? :supergrin:

windplex
04-12-2012, 14:34
"stand your ground" is not applicable to the zimmerman case.

one down. so why is ccw a bad idea?

janice6
04-12-2012, 14:41
As others have said. If I knew when I would need a gun for protection, then I would carry it.

So far, I don't have the ability to forecast the future, so I carry every day. If others don't like it, so what. I probably don't like the way they drive, but I don't try to get their license revoked.

I don't like drunk drivers either, but I don't stop driving because I think they might be on the road. You take your chances and prepare the best you can.

TSAX
04-12-2012, 14:45
As others have said. If I knew when I would need a gun for protection, then I would carry it.

So far, I don't have the ability to forecast the future, so I carry every day. If others don't like it, so what. I probably don't like the way they drive, but I don't try to get their license revoked.

I don't like drunk drivers either, but I don't stop driving because I think they might be on the road. You take your chances and prepare the best you can.

:goodpost::agree::perfect10:

One of the best damm post Ive ever read :yourock:

And the winner of post of the year goes to

:number1:

RussP
04-12-2012, 14:51
True, and I really am curious to see what Kat has to say. We all think we've heard it all, but who knows? :supergrin:Send him a polite invitation via private message to join the discussion...:cool:

bear62
04-12-2012, 15:29
Concealed Carry = Good

I've been carrying for many years now ........ and feel much safer in doing so.

Hopefully the Zimmerman-Trayvon event doesn't do any permanent damage to my rights to carry.

:wavey::wavey:

ComeAndGetThem
04-12-2012, 17:21
"stand your ground" is not applicable to the zimmerman case.

one down. so why is ccw a bad idea?

EXACTLY! This became a clear case of self defense the moment that Trayvon Martin punched Mr. Zimmerman in the face and began bouncing Mr. Zimmerman's head against the sidewalk.

jdavionic
04-12-2012, 19:15
Not seeing the point of this one until the original person who made the comment joins in the discussion. Waiting...

Paul53
04-12-2012, 20:21
LEO's strap on a gun every day. Are they idiots?

Sent via Ouija Board

Monotonous ONE
04-13-2012, 05:06
i just do what GTers tell me to do.

OctoberRust
04-13-2012, 06:36
Send him a polite invitation via private message to join the discussion...:cool:

Good idea, I did asking if he would articulate his point on why conceal carry does more harm than good.

...I even provided him with the link, because that's what a nice guy I am. :rofl::supergrin:

FL Airedale
04-13-2012, 08:13
My wife rides horses and wears a helmet every time. She's never needed it. One of her friends recently took a fall and crushed the foam on one side of the helmet. She has a concussion. Without the helmet, it would have been a skull fracture.

Anyone that says you shouldn't carry a gun because you don't need it lacks the ability to come to a logical conclusion. The same logic says that helmets and seat belts are unnecessary.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not certain about the former - Albert Einstein.

OctoberRust
04-13-2012, 10:00
Well, looks like when I called Kat out and even made a thread for him, he declined. :crying:

I really wanted a civil debate with an anti, since there don't seem to be too many on this board as out in the open as him.....

SCmasterblaster
04-13-2012, 10:01
I think that I'll go take a walk here in Hartford, VT. My G17 fully loaded and a spare mag goes with me. I'll take a radio with me to listen to Rush.

Warp
04-13-2012, 10:02
Well, looks like when I called Kat out and even made a thread for him, he declined. :crying:

I really wanted a civil debate with an anti, since there don't seem to be too many on this board as out in the open as him.....

They rely a great deal on emotional appeals and factless rhetoric. Don't hold your breathe for a good debate.

SCmasterblaster
04-13-2012, 10:02
Police killing in VT. I am definitely taking my G17 with me on my walk.

OctoberRust
04-13-2012, 10:31
I think that I'll go take a walk here in Hartford, VT. My G17 fully loaded and a spare mag goes with me. I'll take a radio with me to listen to Rush.

Now I'm not sure, but exactly how fast do the bullets come out of the muzzle of your glock 17 again? :rofl::tongueout:

...Just teasing you in good fun, I love you! :supergrin: :hugs::hugs:

windplex
04-13-2012, 11:20
I'm an idot but dont strap on a gun each day. How does that figure into this thread?:wavey:

jdavionic
04-13-2012, 15:57
I'm an idot but dont strap on a gun each day. How does that figure into this thread?:wavey:

You're not a complete idiot then...just a part-time idiot:supergrin:

Warp
04-13-2012, 16:00

idot

:tongueout:

Veedubklown
04-13-2012, 16:09

Same here. I don't carry at my primary job, and sometimes (like today) I'm too lazy to put a holster on, so I just set it on my desk. No kids, I'm right here, no worries. Sometimes, I do strap on, for weeks in a row. When am I dumber? This whole thing has me confused. Is it because the gun is near by? Are we dumber because we have firearms in close proximity to our brains at large frames of time? Could they cause tumors like cell phones don't?

zbusdriver
04-13-2012, 18:52
Anyone that says you shouldn't carry a gun because you don't need it lacks the ability to come to a logical conclusion. The same logic says that helmets and seat belts are unnecessary.well said

Warp
04-13-2012, 18:53
The last time (just a couple weeks ago) I had a discussion with somebody that went down that road it turned out that he believed killing another person is NEVER EVER justified, period.

TSAX
04-13-2012, 19:03
Somebody has to ask so it might as well be me, what is an idot?

Is it a new iPad/iPhone type device, heck earlier today iPoo'd :supergrin:

Warp
04-13-2012, 19:04
Somebody has to ask so it might as well be me, what is an idot?

Is it a new iPad/iPhone type device, heck earlier today iPoo'd :supergrin:

Check post #27. I beat ya. :supergrin:

janice6
04-13-2012, 19:06

Good for you. You have determined the level of risk you are comfortable with.

Others may think differently.

unit1069
04-13-2012, 19:44
Stiff upper lip, GT members! Let's man/woman up on this issue and stand our ground on Stand Your Ground!

“You’ve seen the affidavit of probable cause. What do you make of it,” Smerconish asked. “It won’t suffice,” Dershowitz replied without hesitation.

“Most affidavits of probable cause are very thin. This is so thin that it won’t make it past a judge on a second degree murder charge,” Dershowitz said. “There’s simply nothing in there that would justify second degree murder.” (uber-liberal Alan Dershowitz (http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/dershowitz-zimmerman-arrest-affidavit-irresponsible-and-unethical/))

If liberal icon Dershowitz understands that Special Prosecutor Corey "punted" on this one why the hell should pro-constitution, pro-civil rights advocates (responsible gun owners) panic and become defensive?

Don't let the Left/Democrat/JournoList axis stampede you into a defensive position when hundreds of thousands --- perhaps over a million --- law-abiding gun owners successfully defend themselves against criminals every year.

True, the Martin-Zimmerman episode is a tragedy and bears legal/LEO scrutiny, but in the words of one Founder, "If we don't hang together we'll all hang separately". I think that's an apt phrase as the Radical Left axis has Stand Your Ground laws in their sights (no pun intended).

So we need every patriotic American to man/woman up during this ComIntern attack against the Second Amendment and states' rights to regulate themselves.

samurairabbi
04-13-2012, 20:06
Good ol' Dershowitz! He is on the money this time.

My conjecture: The DA went for a Murder Two charge in hopes of getting a Voluntary Manslaughter verdict from a split jury looking for a compromise verdict. A legal tactic that sounds good, but one that can blow up on the prosecution in court, as Al D points out.

unit1069
04-13-2012, 20:18
Isn't it time pro-constitution, pro-civil rights advocates get onto this bandwagon (http://www.rippdemup.com/2012/04/daniel-adkins-left-wing-media-the-arizona-stand-your-ground-shooting-victim-ignored/) to demand justice?

I don't want to see any innocent person railroaded but since the Radical Left insists on prosecuting Stand Your Ground laws in the media for the benefit of the Obama-Holder Administration I think it is reasonable for concerned citizens to ensure that all laws are applied equally without regard to race or nationality.

Let's mobilize, patriots!