.38 vs Cm9 pocket carry? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : .38 vs Cm9 pocket carry?

lonewolf01
04-12-2012, 15:08
Mas, I have a S&W 642, a Ruger LC9 and I'd like to get a Kahr CM9 eventually. I like them all and I really like pocket carry but I just cannot decide on which one. I tried your suggested Speer 135 +P GD for the 642 and I did well with them out to 15-20 yards. But with only 5 rounds am I at a major disadvantage compared to the 7+ rounds of the others?

Mas Ayoob
04-12-2012, 20:05
Wolf, do some work on drawing and firing, with a timer. If you're using the popular pocket holster, most find the revolver faster to clear from the pocket due to its shape. All other things being equal, 7 shots are certainly more comforting than 5 shots, but to some of us, 5 shots right NOW beats 7 shots a second or so from now.

Hoping you'll come back and let us know what you choose and why,

Mas

lonewolf01
04-12-2012, 21:27
Wolf, do some work on drawing and firing, with a timer. If you're using the popular pocket holster, most find the revolver faster to clear from the pocket due to its shape. All other things being equal, 7 shots are certainly more comforting than 5 shots, but to some of us, 5 shots right NOW beats 7 shots a second or so from now.

Hoping you'll come back and let us know what you choose and why,

Mas

I will try that. Btw, do you recommend a laser on the 642?