5.11 Belt [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 5.11 Belt

Dooger
04-12-2012, 22:27
Anybody use this as an EDC belt? Is it stiff enough?

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Accessories/Belts/Double-Duty-TDU-Belt-1-5.html

XxGlocKShooteRxX
04-12-2012, 22:36

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Accessories/Belts/Double-Duty-TDU-Belt-1-5.html

I have this belt, it has a plastic buckle, and the belt is a little flimsy IMO. THe Tranier belt with the Metal buckle is much better for EDC. Its double the money, at $40-50 bucks but well worth it if you want the stiffness in the belt... Hope this helps...

Lowjiber
04-13-2012, 05:59
I wear one and like it when carrying my LC9 OWB. Mine is the 1.75" model which as five rows of stitching to firm it up. If I'm not mistaken, the 1.5" has only three rows of stitches.

When I carry my G19, I switch to a leather gun-belt.

firefighter4215
04-13-2012, 06:07
For iwb carry I really like it. I use a supertuck style holster for my 27. That belt has proven to be the most comfortable for me. It allows for the absolute perfect fit, 100% of the time. For iwb, I even choose it over my Beltman belt.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

f1pap
04-13-2012, 12:34
i have found that it doesnt stay tight, the trainer belt has velcro and i can load it up w/ a holster, mags & torch and stays tight

jb1911
04-13-2012, 12:38
Buy a Wilderness 5-Stitch Instructor belt, they're made in America.

Jason D
04-13-2012, 17:07
Second the Wilderness.
Same price point and American made.

People can say what they want about how good their chinese belts are.
The simple fact is the Wilderness is better in every way. It's also not made for a slave labor wage in chinese sweat shop, by a 6 year old female orphan.

jb1911
04-13-2012, 17:59
Second the Wilderness.

The simple fact is the Wilderness is better in every way. It's also not made for a slave labor wage in chinese sweat shop, by a 6 year old female orphan.

Well said my friend.

TSAX
04-13-2012, 18:22
I have this belt and like it, for $20 its not bad, are there better out there yes.

:50cal:

FireForged
04-13-2012, 20:21
The trainer belt is about the only 5.11 belt that I have liked. The plastic buckle belts are a real pain to tighten up. I bought 2 of the plastic buckle versions (a regular and the double duty)... threw them both in a drawer 15min after I got them. The trainer belt is nice and I wear it almost daily.

beforeobamabans
04-13-2012, 20:49
I'm a lifelong leather belt guy. I decided to try nylon and posted a very similar thread to this. The nylon vets shouted, "Wilderness!" I listened and bought one. I'm very happy with the product. Get the reinforced. You won't be sorry.

BigAl at GT
04-15-2012, 05:45
I bought this belt from Mountain Khaki at an outdoor shop. It is very stiff and stays tight all day. I was worried that it would slip loose, but no issue so far. I tried one of the belts with velco but they seamed like too much hassel.

http://www.backcountry.com/images/items/large/MKH/MKH0038/GN.jpg

collim1
04-15-2012, 13:41
Try the 1.75" with internal stiffener. Yes its thick, but fits the loops on all my jeans and khaki shorts.

That is a serious strap. A 1911 or P226 with two spare mags is nothing for that belt. I have had mine since 2004 and its still going strong.

MadMonkey
04-15-2012, 14:03
< Big 5.11 fan here, I'm wearing the shorts right now and the same belt.

I bought it for carry about a year ago. I liked it at first, as it was stiff and held well (IWB and OWB). However, I've been wearing it almost every day here, and it has gotten significantly looser and less stiff. I don't know that I'd continue using it back home for carry... probably go back to my 5.11 leather belt instead.

It's a decent value for the money and it has held together well. But I'd spend a little extra and get something that will last.

Zeroskillet
04-15-2012, 14:11
Second the Wilderness.

I dont see a belt in their inventory that is $20, idunno?

BroncoAZ
04-15-2012, 14:14

Made in China, no thanks. I use the Wilderness instructor CSM belt with the internal polymer stiffener. It works well and holds great all day. Just make sure you get the correct size, I ended up buying the same size as I wear in a leather belt and realized a few weeks in that it was too short. I ended up purchasing another size up and it fits perfect.

http://www.thewilderness.com/storepinnacle/index.php?p=product&id=2309&parent=142

Jason D
04-15-2012, 17:34
I dont see a belt in their inventory that is $20, idunno?

You probably won't. I mean after all they are made here in America.

Easy fit belts start at $30.95 for their frequent flyer belt.
Standard Instructor belts start at $39.95, same with the easy fit Instructor belts. 3 stitch is included in the price. Add $5 for for the 5 stitch option, and $10 for the CSM.

Sizes 25 through 70...
Easy fit from XS to 15XL. Though if you had a gut that's over 100 inches around. I doubt you'd have any need for a belt.

Jason D
04-15-2012, 17:36
I should clarify...
That bit about the 100 inch gut was not directed at anyone that's posted. It's more of a general observation from looking at the Wilderness site.

IvanVic
07-15-2012, 17:27
I ended up returning my 5.11 belt and switching to a Wilderness easy-fit instructor belt.

It should be noted that the 5.11 belt was not junk, and I also own a pair of their tac-lite pants and shorts. Ultimately, the 5.11 did not come in a 5-stitch for the 1.5" model. The 1.75" model isn't practical if you want a belt that is versatile, IMO.

IndyGunFreak
07-15-2012, 18:19
Buy a Wilderness 5-Stitch Instructor belt, they're made in America.

Pretty much,

It's also a far better belt.

beforeobamabans
07-15-2012, 18:40
You probably won't. I mean after all they are made here in America.

Easy fit belts start at $30.95 for their frequent flyer belt.
Standard Instructor belts start at $39.95, same with the easy fit Instructor belts. 3 stitch is included in the price. Add $5 for for the 5 stitch option, and $10 for the CSM.

Sizes 25 through 70...
Easy fit from XS to 15XL. Though if you had a gut that's over 100 inches around. I doubt you'd have any need for a belt.

I Find it a bit humerous when I see people that won't spend $40 on a good gun belt after they've spent $1000 on gun, ammo and holster.

C5A
07-15-2012, 23:05
I bought the 5.11 on special sale for about $40.00. It had the stiffner sewn inside and was very stiff which I liked. The buckle was not so good so I changed it so I did not have to bend the belt to fasten it. The stiffner inside the belt broke anyway. I called 5.11 and they replaced the belt. It holds my EDC G22 in place either IWB or OWB depending on holster used that day. Very comfortable.

ABACABB
07-15-2012, 23:33
I live in Arizona and have been to the Wilderness shop twice to get belts. They are great people and they make new belts for you right there in like 10 minutes if they are out of any sizes. Would recommend them to anyone.

Jason D
07-16-2012, 15:47
I Find it a bit humorous when I see people that won't spend $40 on a good gun belt after they've spent $1000 on gun, ammo and holster.

I have my limits. I don't need some fancy ass carved holster and belt combo. Sure they are cool and everything, but not cool enough for me to spend my hard earned money on them.

I do agree about buying a good product to support your expensive gun of choice. I wouldn't be holding my pants and gun up with a chinese belt though. The minimum I would consider for a half way decent belt is a Wilderness 5 stitch for nylon, and a Hume double thickness gun belt for leather.

Then again to each their own.

I carried for a long time on a Looper trouser belt. It was a good American made belt from a good company. It held my pants up well and I thought it did an ok job with a gun. That was until I got my first real gun belt.

ranger1968
07-16-2012, 15:56
Like most, if not all .511 gear, the belt is over rated, overpriced Chinese junk, and it's not a good gun belt;

If you want nylon, get the Wilderness;

If you want leather , do it right the first time and get a Beltman.