Petitioned [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Petitioned

AirCav
04-12-2012, 23:20
Well, after several years of consideration, I finally turned in a petition at the local lodge. I have a meeting scheduled with the investigative committee next week. Starting at the start.....wish me luck! :thumbsup:

Batesmotel
04-14-2012, 05:25
Congratulations. This is the first step in a long and wonderful journey.

Hyksos
04-14-2012, 10:08
If you go far enough back on this forum, you can literally see the exact same post that I made over two years ago. Since then, I have been introduced into an entire world of Brotherhood I never knew existed. I have joined the Scottish and York Rites. I am now an officer of my lodge.

I was able to do all of this while attending law school. It may sound like a lot, but it isn't. I am glad that you made the decision to petition. It is the best thing I ever did. Not one of the best, the best. I hope you have the same experience I had. Happy traveling.

rockymtnhorror
04-14-2012, 21:18
I grew up in DeMolay and have a long history of Masonry in my family. Due to objections from my now ex-wife, I never petitioned a lodge. I corrected that and was raised a few years back. I'm glad I did. You won't regret it.

AirCav
04-18-2012, 02:55
Thanks for the encouraging words, guys. My meeting is this afternoon at the local lodge. I'm a little bit curious what they will be asking me but I'm sure its no worse than a job interview....right? :nailbiting:

deputy tom
04-18-2012, 15:50
Thanks for the encouraging words, guys. My meeting is this afternoon at the local lodge. I'm a little bit curious what they will be asking me but I'm sure its no worse than a job interview....right? :nailbiting:

Fear naught. You will do fine. Keep us posted on your journey. Good luck.tom.:thumbsup:

AirCav
04-19-2012, 02:01
Turned out to be an enjoyable, low stress event. Almost like just some fellas sitting around and talking.

I was encouraged to find that there were two other petitioners who were attending for the same purpose. That seems like a good sign.

Now, more patience.

Hyksos
04-19-2012, 05:04
Turned out to be an enjoyable, low stress event. Almost like just some fellas sitting around and talking.

I was encouraged to find that there were two other petitioners who were attending for the same purpose. That seems like a good sign.

Now, more patience.

These people will more than likely be in your "class." Befriend these men, they will be some of the closest Brothers you have. I went through with 3 other men. Two of them went on their own path, but I have remained good friends with the other Brother. He is a lifetime friend and has since moved to Cali, but I know if I'm ever over there that I have a place to stay and an old friend to converse with.

deputy tom
04-21-2012, 07:34
Good to hear the meeting went well.tom.

Rally Vincent
05-16-2012, 02:58
Update?

AirCav
05-16-2012, 06:46
Update?Sorry 'bout that. After looking back through the archives, I saw that I'd started a thread that's literally been done a number of times before. I kind of decided that this new guy stuff might not interest many of you here. But thanks for asking!

I received a letter from the Lodge Secretary earlier this month that said "Your petition for the three degrees in Masonry has been recommended. The first degree has been set for May 31st, 2012."

I guess that means that I survived the vote and am about to begin this new journey. What that means, exactly, I don't really know. I'm a bit apprehensive but I'm ready to learn.

rockymtnhorror
05-16-2012, 13:27
Congratulations! It's a path well worth traveling. You'll never forget many of the things you'll experience.

deputy tom
05-16-2012, 16:27
Sorry 'bout that. After looking back through the archives, I saw that I'd started a thread that's literally been done a number of times before. I kind of decided that this new guy stuff might not interest many of you here. But thanks for asking!

I received a letter from the Lodge Secretary earlier this month that said "Your petition for the three degrees in Masonry has been recommended. The first degree has been set for May 21st, 2012."

I guess that means that I survived the vote and am about to begin this new journey. What that means, exactly, I don't really know. I'm a bit apprehensive but I'm ready to learn.

Did you see where I posted fear naught? Don't be apprehensive. Only good things will happen. Trust me. tom.

Marc1956
05-17-2012, 06:50
Sorry 'bout that. After looking back through the archives, I saw that I'd started a thread that's literally been done a number of times before. I kind of decided that this new guy stuff might not interest many of you here. But thanks for asking!

I received a letter from the Lodge Secretary earlier this month that said "Your petition for the three degrees in Masonry has been recommended. The first degree has been set for May 21st, 2012."

I'm almost jealous of the amazing journey you have embarked on. It would be fun to go back and do it again! I was raised in 1984 (YIKES!) and had the honor of raising my best friend in 2010 and my brother-in-law the same year! Listen carefully, speak clearly and enjoy yourself. Remember that every person in the lodge has walked the same path you now find yourself on. Keep us informed as to your progress! :wavey:

AirCav
05-31-2012, 20:29
Greetings from my lodge's newest Entered Apprentice!

I'm still trying to process the experience. Thanks to those of you who reassured me. I think that apprehension is common when facing an unknown but, as you said, nothing to fear.

And now, the work begins!

Batesmotel
05-31-2012, 23:06
Congratulations and welcome brother.

Rancho_Nirvana
06-01-2012, 13:17
How cool!

It only gets better!

If I may, I would just say that be ready to accomplish things you at first glance will think impossible... ;-) I know I did.

Congrats, keep us up to speed.

deputy tom
06-05-2012, 06:47
Greetings from my lodge's newest Entered Apprentice!

I'm still trying to process the experience. Thanks to those of you who reassured me. I think that apprehension is common when facing an unknown but, as you said, nothing to fear.

And now, the work begins!

Enjoy the journey Brother. tom.

AirCav
08-13-2012, 23:03
Greetings from GT's newest Master Mason! I was raised to the Third Degree just a couple hours ago! That was...interesting. I expected something similar to the previous degrees, and wasn't disappointed, but there was just that little something extra that made it all the more memorable! Impressive work by all of the participants.

Thanks, again, for all of the well-wishes. Now, back to work to finish out the degree lectures.

janice6
08-13-2012, 23:10
You're with a group of fine gentlemen. Congratulations.

Hyksos
08-14-2012, 15:13
Congratulations Brother.

I suggest that you join an appendant body to enhance your understanding of the degrees.

JuneyBooney
08-15-2012, 02:53
Good luck.

jakebrake
08-17-2012, 15:21
Greetings from GT's newest Master Mason! I was raised to the Third Degree just a couple hours ago! That was...interesting. I expected something similar to the previous degrees, and wasn't disappointed, but there was just that little something extra that made it all the more memorable! Impressive work by all of the participants.

Thanks, again, for all of the well-wishes. Now, back to work to finish out the degree lectures.

yeah...you don't see that coming, now, do you?

rockymtnhorror
08-18-2012, 13:47
Welcome, Brother. Congratulations!

deputy tom
09-04-2012, 06:04
Congrats Brother.tom.:wavey:

AirCav
09-05-2012, 01:25
Thanks for the well-wishes, brothers!

mmsig229
09-06-2012, 21:45
Congrats Brother!!!

AirCav
09-06-2012, 23:58
Congrats Brother!!!

Thanks! Just turned in my Master's lecture tonight.

glock35er
09-07-2012, 19:52
masonry is a journey..enjoy it all !!