Newt is showing why he's not Presidential Material [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Newt is showing why he's not Presidential Material

Vic777
04-13-2012, 08:52
Newt, who got more face time on FOX and more opportunity than any other candidate to plead his cause before the largest News Audience, is now showing us why he would be a worse President than Obama. Well maybe that's stretching it, but he would certainly be unpopular and divisive. We are going to see Newt in all his glory, and it won't be pretty.

aircarver
04-13-2012, 09:55
Kinda moot now .....

JBnTX
04-13-2012, 11:34
Newt, who got more face time on FOX and more opportunity than any other candidate to plead his cause before the largest News Audience, is now showing us why he would be a worse President than Obama. Well maybe that's stretching it, but he would certainly be unpopular and divisive. We are going to see Newt in all his glory, and it won't be pretty.

Newt and that other guy are not players in the game anymore.

Romney is the winner, and there's no second place.

Glock30Eric
04-13-2012, 11:47
Newt and that other guy are not players in the game anymore.

Romney is the winner, and there's no second place.

Haha the other guy is going is scaring Romney.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Javelin
04-13-2012, 11:49
Romney isn't getting my vote because he never earned it.

JBnTX
04-13-2012, 12:51

That requirement makes you just like a single issue voter.

Someone with such a narrow field of view that they would refuse to vote for a candidate just because they fail to meet their personal expections.

Woofie
04-13-2012, 12:54
That requirement makes you just like a single issue voter.

Someone with such a narrow field of view that they would refuse to vote for a candidate just because they fail to meet their personal expections.

Isn't his inability to meet your expectations the reason you won't vote for Obama?

JBnTX
04-13-2012, 13:42
Isn't his inability to meet your expectations the reason you won't vote for Obama?

Yes but on a broad spectrum of issues, not on a single issue.
I find everything wrong with Obama.

Despite what they might tell you, most Ron Paul supporters refuse to vote
for Romney just because their man (Ron Paul) isn't the chosen one.

That's a selfish and narrow minded reason not to vote for someone.

They know the country will be better off with Romney as president,
yet they're willing to either not vote or vote for Obama as a protest vote
just to get even with voters for not electing Ron Paul.

Many Ron Paul supporters have stated this many times in this forum.

Single issue voters and Ron Paul supporters are going to cost the republicans
this election.

Mister_Beefy
04-13-2012, 15:14

barry will be reelected because of people like you.

LASTRESORT20
04-13-2012, 15:22

He earned everything in his life....Problem is Liberals/Lemmings/Zombies hate that...and would rather stick with Zero and his Hope and change because its working so well.....:upeyes:

Glock30Eric
04-13-2012, 16:30

this election.

Ok why Ron Paul didn't get more time in the debates?

Why didn't the media gave RP much of time in their news reporting? Why don't they simple explain his positions without making him look bad? Why did they omitted RP from polls, info, announcements, etc?

Is all of those things selfish for Romney's gain?

If they did all good things for RP as they do with Romney then you can say something like that.

Glock30Eric
04-13-2012, 16:32

Barry will be reflected if you go with Romney. Sorry if it is a hard truth for you to drink it.

Maxx702
04-14-2012, 09:52
Newt Gingrich is an incredible speaker, but that is where my admiration for him ends.

Newt is just another self serving chameleon who says whatever is necessary to keep the dollars flowing into his own wallet.

This clown is unravelling like a cheap sweater and should just be ignored at this point.

Romney isn't my first choice for a nominee either, but the bottom line is come November is is Obama vs Romney.
Throw away your vote on a third party candidate or stay home and you are enabling Obama to tear down this country for another 4 years. :steamed:

Ruble Noon
04-14-2012, 10:24

this election.

No JB, Ron Paul not getting the nomination has nothing to do with me refraining from voting for Romney. His being a liberal, statist, progressive precludes him from being a choice for me.

Ruble Noon
04-14-2012, 10:26
Newt Gingrich is an incredible speaker, but that is where my admiration for him ends.

Newt is just another self serving chameleon who says whatever is necessary to keep the dollars flowing into his own wallet.

This clown is unravelling like a cheap sweater and should just be ignored at this point.

Romney isn't my first choice for a nominee either, but the bottom line is come November is is Obama vs Romney.
Throw away your vote on a third party candidate or stay home and you are enabling Obama to tear down this country for another 4 years. :steamed:

Vote for Mittens and you are enabling him to continue the destruction for 8 years.

Ruble Noon
04-14-2012, 10:27

If Barry is reelected it will be because the GOP chose a northeast liberal that is left of McCain as their nominee.

QNman
04-14-2012, 10:37
Vote for Mittens and you are enabling him to continue the destruction for 8 years.

I'll submit to you that four more years of a lame duck Obama will be far more destructive than eight more years of... Well, damn near anyone, including Mittens.

HarleyGuy
04-14-2012, 11:03
I'll submit to you that four more years of a lame duck Obama will be far more destructive than eight more years of... Well, damn near anyone, including Mittens.

Correct.
And, the cost of gasoline has increased 110% since Obama took office and it isn't even at half the cost they want it to be!

Maxx702
04-14-2012, 14:13
If Barry is reelected it will be because the GOP chose a northeast liberal that is left of McCain as their nominee.

BHZero will probably win re-election because the liberals know how to get out the vote- legitimate voter or not.

We recently got a taste of that here in Nevada during Harry Reid's last senate campaign.

Vic777
04-15-2012, 09:08
Throw away your vote on a third party candidate or stay home and you are enabling Obama to tear down this country for another 4 years. :steamed:Wrong, (about the Four years). This time it is for keeps. And nobody can say that they weren't told.

Woofie
04-15-2012, 13:11

this election.

You're creating strawman arguments about RP supporters. The RP supporters I have seen disagree with continually further left leaning Republican candidates. Or disagree on a broad spectrum of issues with Romney, or at least enough issues that they see him as significantly worse than RP and not worthy of leading our country.

I've also seen numerous times in this forum how, regardless of which candidate they support, many people are sick of voting against someone and are ready to vote for someone. You're upset that that someone isn't your guy.

RP supporters not voting for Romney is no more a single issue vote than you not voting for Obama because he is not Romey is a single issue vote.

I am not an RP supporter so I can't do it myself, but I bet some of his more die hard supporters could outline more differences between Paul and Romney than you can between Romney and Obama. Furthermore, I bet a diehard Paul supporter can show us more similarities between Romney and Obama than you can find differences. The media is certainly going to play up these similarities during the general election.

JBnTX
04-15-2012, 13:29
You're creating strawman arguments about RP supporters. The RP supporters I have seen disagree with continually further left leaning Republican candidates. Or disagree on a broad spectrum of issues with Romney, or at least enough issues that they see him as significantly worse than RP and not worthy of leading our country...

I disagree.

Ever notice how Ron Paul supporters find EVERYTHING wrong with the republican party and EVERYTHING wrong with EVERY republican candidate?

That's just not possible.

So, either they're sore losers all burned up that Ron Paul isn't going to be president, or they're really Obama supporters come here to discredit the republican party.

All this talk about no difference between Obama and Romney is designed to bring Romney down to Obama's level.

They try to make Obama look good by making Romney look like the devil himself.

Just notice how they never criticize Obama or the democrats?

RDW
04-15-2012, 13:30

So you're going to help Obama win?! :steamed:

Woofie
04-15-2012, 14:01
I disagree.

Ever notice how Ron Paul supporters find EVERYTHING wrong with the republican party and EVERYTHING wrong with EVERY republican candidate?

So, either they're sore losers all burned up that Ron Paul isn't going to be president, or they're really Obama supporters come here to discredit the republican party.

All this talk about no difference between Obama and Romney is designed to bring Romney down to Obama's level.

How is a Paul supporter finding everything wrong with Romney any differenent than you finding everything wrong with Obama? You said.

According to you that's not possible.

You're still constructing a strawman and introducing a false dilemma fallacy: Either Paul supporters are sore losers or they are really Obama supporters in disguise.

JBnTX
04-15-2012, 14:23
How is a Paul supporter finding everything wrong with Romney any differenent than you finding everything wrong with Obama?

I have valid reasons for not liking Obama that are based on what he has already done to this country.

Ron Paul supporters make up wild ass claims about Romney based on what he might do as president.

How do they know Romney won't be any better than Obama?
How do they know that ALL the republican candidates will move the country farther left?
How do they know that ALL the republican candidates will continue to spend money we don't have?

The truth is, they don't!

But I know what Obama has already done.
And that's the difference.

Woofie
04-15-2012, 14:41
Ron Paul supporters make up wild ass claims about Romney based on what he might do as president.

But I know what Obama has already done.
And that's the difference.

Or they look at Romney's already well established record as governor and tendency to flip flop on issues depending on which crowd he's talking to and determine they don't like him.

You're not the only "informed" voter out there.

G-19
04-15-2012, 14:54
i disagree.

Ever notice how ron paul supporters find everything wrong with the republican party and everything wrong with every republican candidate?

So, either they're sore losers all burned up that ron paul isn't going to be president, or they're really obama supporters come here to discredit the republican party.
All this talk about no difference between obama and romney is designed to bring romney down to obama's level.

They try to make obama look good by making romney look like the devil himself.

Just notice how they never criticize obama or the democrats?

bingo

G19G20
04-16-2012, 04:05
I disagree.

We already know what's wrong with Obama so what's the point of criticizing him on a forum already 99% Republicans that also know? That comes off as if this place is supposed to be an echo chamber where everyone just likes to hear themselves "talk" and nod at each other. If I wanted that Id go to a Paul forum and never venture into discussions with other Republicans about policy on forums like this.

I, for one, don't mind if Romney and Obama end up looking the same because I don't actually see any difference. Can you tell me exactly how Romney is any different than Obama, based on Romney's entire political body of work? As the other poster pointed out very astutely, we can name more differences between Paul and Romney than we can Romney and Obama. Paul is the most conservative candidate in the campaign and few think Romney is actually conservative at all. No one offers reasons to vote for Romney. Only reasons to vote "against" Obama. That's a false choice and I'd feel plain stupid if I voted for Romney KNOWING what he's about. Please, I have some pride.

Woofie
04-16-2012, 07:26
We already know what's wrong with Obama so what's the point of criticizing him on a forum already 99% Republicans that also know? That comes off as if this place is supposed to be an echo chamber where everyone just likes to hear themselves "talk" and nod at each other. If I wanted that Id go to a Paul forum and never venture into discussions with other Republicans about policy on forums like this.

I, for one, don't mind if Romney and Obama end up looking the same because I don't actually see any difference. Can you tell me exactly how Romney is any different than Obama, based on Romney's entire political body of work? As the other poster pointed out very astutely, we can name more differences between Paul and Romney than we can Romney and Obama. Paul is the most conservative candidate in the campaign and few think Romney is actually conservative at all. No one offers reasons to vote for Romney. Only reasons to vote "against" Obama. That's a false choice and I'd feel plain stupid if I voted for Romney KNOWING what he's about. Please, I have some pride.

I would just like to point out that the guy who wrote this knows what he's talkin about.:whistling:

Gundude
04-16-2012, 11:41
I disagree.

Ever notice how Ron Paul supporters find EVERYTHING wrong with the republican party and EVERYTHING wrong with EVERY republican candidate??This isn't just Ron Paul supporters. Why is everybody who votes for Romney going to be holding his/her nose while doing so? I don't see anything positive from anybody regarding Republicans.

Just notice how they never criticize Obama or the democratsNot true. You just choose not to believe them when they say they don't like Obama either. You fail to grasp the concept of somebody not clinging to one party or the other.