Where is the outrage for gas prices [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where is the outrage for gas prices

whoflungdo
04-13-2012, 09:44
Just like the title says. I don't hear anything about Presidential connection to Big Oil or anyone complaining that it's the President's fault.

Surely (yes I just called you Shirley) there is enough time in the news cycle for conspiracy theories behind the gas prices or blame to go somewhere..

Lethaltxn
04-13-2012, 09:53
You clearly aren't near me when I fuel up. :tongueout:
The MSM is providing cover for the prez and the left are just hypocrites.

whoflungdo
04-13-2012, 09:56
You clearly aren't near me when I fuel up. :tongueout:
The MSM is providing cover for the prez and the left are just hypocrites.

That's gotta be it. I just filled up my motorcycle. It took 10 bucks to do it... even that pissed me off...

Bobb G
04-13-2012, 10:06
Don't you know that Liberals are hypocrites? :whistling:

cowboy1964
04-13-2012, 10:37
Pandora keeps playing this annoying ad every 30 minutes about how oil production how increased under Obama. Give me an #$%#$ break.

Sendarr
04-13-2012, 10:41
Pandora keeps playing this annoying ad every 30 minutes about how oil production how increased under Obama. Give me an #$%#$ break.

I hate that ad, its constantly on Pandora and YouTube

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

JFrame
04-13-2012, 10:55
Where is the outrage for gas prices

It's not a Republican president...

(Note: that answer can also be applied to all acts of blatant corruption and/or criminal misconduct by the administration; sheer displays of ignorance or stupidity by the president; remarks that smack of pure racism or other forms of bigotry; wholesale violations of the Constitution; etc.)

callihan_44
04-13-2012, 11:02
Just like the title says. I don't hear anything about Presidential connection to Big Oil or anyone complaining that it's the President's fault.

Surely (yes I just called you Shirley) there is enough time in the news cycle for conspiracy theories behind the gas prices or blame to go somewhere..

there is outage from the president, for the fact you havent gone out and purchased a volt yet....break $40000.00 out of the piggy bank and all will be well

Brucev
04-13-2012, 11:22

Where? Why, only the squatter knows.

JBnTX
04-13-2012, 11:24
It's not a Republican president...

(Note: that answer can also be applied to all acts of blatant corruption and/or criminal misconduct by the administration; sheer displays of ignorance or stupidity by the president; remarks that smack of pure racism or other forms of bigotry; wholesale violations of the Constitution; etc.)

THIS! ..... :agree:

brickboy240
04-13-2012, 11:28
Bush and Exxon's fault.

windplex
04-13-2012, 11:36
i get why the mainstream media is not interested in this story.

however the average Joe is hurting financially. and he has a president who wants gas at $5 or over -- $4 isnt high enough for him.

where is the outrage from citizens. canada will be selling their oil to china due to our president stopping the pipeline - yes that makes a difference. no new drilling on public land -- that makes a differnce...

were we innoculaed by the last hike to 450 in 08? will it take $5 gallon gas to get people outraged this time? i fear this last point.

ihope romney drives home gas doubling under obama and why.

Glock30Eric
04-13-2012, 11:45
i get why the mainstream media is not interested in this story.

however the average Joe is hurting financially. and he has a president who wants gas at $5 or over -- $4 isnt high enough for him.

where is the outrage from citizens. canada will be selling their oil to china due to our president stopping the pipeline - yes that makes a difference. no new drilling on public land -- that makes a differnce...

were we innoculaed by the last hike to 450 in 08? will it take $5 gallon gas to get people outraged this time? i fear this last point.

ihope romney drives home gas doubling under obama and why.

EPA is also driving the price up.

windplex
04-13-2012, 12:04
EPA is also driving the price up.

absolutely. apparently not even the epa knows exactly how many boutique gas blends it requires. we have one here in milwaukee for polution that is not generated her but comes over lake MI here.

had a boutique winter gas in mpls there too.

we experience unnatural price hikes twice a year due to this ridiculous police enforced by the epa.

high time to cut that number down to 2 or 4 from in the 20's of formulas.

snerd
04-13-2012, 12:06
........ where is the outrage from citizens.....
The average citizen knows nothing about anything related to politics and the everyday goings-on of our government. Their interest in political happenings is limited to 4-6 weeks every 4 years, and that probably only 40%-50% of those who are even registered to vote. Then it's back to me, family, work, American Idol, etc., etc. An informed and educated electorate is a thing of the past, thanks to progressive ideology.

windplex
04-13-2012, 12:10
The average citizen knows nothing about anything related to politics and the everyday goings-on of our government. Their interest in political happenings is limited to 4-6 weeks every 4 years, and that probably only 40%-50% of those who are even registered to vote. Then it's back to me, family, work, American Idol, etc., etc. An informed and educated electorate is a thing of the past, thanks to progressive ideology.

no argument from me.

but it still flumoxes me that people are not demanding cheap gas. we all use it. the prices is putting a hurt on the masses.

whoflungdo
04-13-2012, 12:37
no argument from me.

but it still flumoxes me that people are not demanding cheap gas. we all use it. the prices is putting a hurt on the masses.

and that was exactly my point in raising this question. :wavey:

Woofie
04-13-2012, 12:52
I don't have enough money to be outraged anymore.

MLM
04-13-2012, 13:52
One thing that causes me to scratch my head is back in '08 when gas prices reached $4.50, a barrel of oil was at ~150. This time around oil is going for a little over 100/barrel yet we're seeing the same price we saw in '08.

whoflungdo
04-13-2012, 13:59
One thing that causes me to scratch my head is back in '08 when gas prices reached $4.50, a barrel of oil was at ~150. This time around oil is going for a little over 100/barrel yet we're seeing the same price we saw in '08.

and what keeps me scratching my head is no one is saying a thing about it...even within my circle of friends...

JFrame
04-13-2012, 14:14
and what keeps me scratching my head is no one is saying a thing about it...even within my circle of friends...

Hopefully, it is a manifestation of deeply repressed hostility which will be unleashed in November...

brickboy240
04-13-2012, 14:16
Hello!

Because the Fed keeps running the printing press, this devalues our currency. That means it takes MORE dollars to buy a barrel of crude than it did in 08.

A huge part of what is wrong with oil prices has to do with dollar devaluation and the printing of monies by our Fed and other banks around the world. This creates inflation (that they SAY is not really happening) and that is why it takes more dollars to buy the same amount of crude and why the price per barrel and at the pump are where they are today.

Haven't you noticed this in the grocery store? Again...inflation is the reason. Our dollar is not worth what it was even three years ago, therefore it takes more money to buy the same amount of goods.

This is a HUGE thing that big media is damn near silent about - how the Fed and foreign banks are printing money out of thin air and devaluing our currency.

- brickboy240

Lethaltxn
04-13-2012, 14:17
Hopefully, it is a manifestation of deeply repressed hostility which will be unleashed in November...

Hopefully.

czsmithGT
04-13-2012, 14:24
Obama does have some responsibility for current gasoline prices, but not for the reasons most people think.

whoflungdo
04-13-2012, 14:26
Obama does have some responsibility for current gasoline prices, but not for the reasons most people think.

So why don't you enlighten us then...:wavey:

brickboy240
04-13-2012, 14:26
If the RNC is smart (...and lately, this is up for question) they will drive home the fact that gas was about $1.87 the day Bush left office.

- brickboy240

heyTJ
04-13-2012, 14:39

I pay 36 dollars a year and that comes with no ads. It's worth it!

heyTJ
04-13-2012, 14:43
He will be taken credit when the prices drop come the fall.

czsmithGT
04-13-2012, 14:55
So why don't you enlighten us then...:wavey:

People are ragging on Obama for drilling restrictions and pipeline denial as somehow being responsible for current gas prices, which is BS. Those stupid moves will surely impact gas prices in the future, but not now. Right now, there is PLENTY of oil on the world market. But the oil prices are up for a lot of reasons including:
- Obama's stupid mid-east policies lead to instability. Instability and worry are bad for the world oil market.
- Obama's stupid economic policies, deficit spending, and profligate printing of money are making the dollar worth less, and oil sold in dollars is more expensive.

brickboy240
04-13-2012, 14:58
True.

Obama DOES share blame...but it is blame based more on his fiscal policies not his energy policies.

- brickboy240