Zimmerman fired 1 shot [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Zimmerman fired 1 shot

grmnracing
04-13-2012, 19:04
Does anyone find it interesting Zimmerman only fired one shot? I would have thought more shots would have been fired. I guess Zimmerman controlled himself.

Ps I don't want to hear about his gun not shooting off another shot because it was a Kel-Tec!

Sent from my iPhone

JimIsland
04-13-2012, 19:17
Could have been the "thud" sound he heard!

samurairabbi
04-13-2012, 19:31
Does anyone find it interesting Zimmerman only fired one shot? I would have thought more shots would have been fired. I guess Zimmerman controlled himself.

Ps I don't want to hear about his gun not shooting off another shot because it was a Kel-Tec!

NOT a Kel-Tech one-liner:

If Martin was on top of Zimmerman, in close physical contact, then after the first shot, the slide MAY have been encumbered by body parts and been unable to fully cycle a 2nd round into the chamber. If this situation DID occur, it might have been masked by an officer clearing the gun to make it safe; perhaps not an action done by the book, but things happen in a shooting aftermath.

Curiously, only one shot fired may HELP Zimmerman's legal situation, even if it was a malfunction.

mikeflys1
04-13-2012, 19:40
Was the AAR of his weapon/ammo choice already conducted, or is it too soon? :whistling:

DOC44
04-13-2012, 20:14
and where was that one bullet found? Did it lodge in the body? Did is pass through? If it passed through and Z had been on top as some witnesses said the bullet would be found in the ground. If it was a pass through and no bullet in the ground T must have been on top as some witnesses have said.

Doc44

grmnracing
04-13-2012, 20:18
This is one part of the story that I've never seen discussed on GT yet. Or anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone

steveksux
04-13-2012, 20:19
I was very surprised about that also...

Sent from my iPhoneSurprised it got off ONE shot because it was a Kel-Tec! :tongueout::rofl:

P-11, PF9 owner, so I can make fun of them... They're both pretty reliable now... took a little fluff and buff, went through a few ejectors/ejector mods to get there..

Randy

DOC44
04-13-2012, 20:29
I was very surprised about that also...
Surprised it got off ONE shot because it was a Kel-Tec! :tongueout::rofl:

P-11, PF9 owner, so I can make fun of them... They're both pretty reliable now... took a little fluff and buff, went through a few ejectors/ejector mods to get there..

Randy

The original report was that one shot was fired and the gun was jammed with the empty brass still in the gun.

Doc44

steveksux
04-13-2012, 20:34
The original report was that one shot was fired and the gun was jammed with the empty brass still in the gun.

Doc44Makes sense, that's how they knew it was a Kel-Tec...

Probably had one of the original ejectors... :tongueout:

Randy

stevelyn
04-14-2012, 02:32

Doc44

That would indicate that something was preventing the slide from cycling such as someone trying to wrest control of it.

certifiedfunds
04-14-2012, 07:30
I'm guessing with the little trayvon on top of him he was fairly certain that he didn't miss.

samurairabbi
04-14-2012, 10:38

Interesting! This should add some fuel to the inevitable "condition 1 versus condition 3" thread resurrections.

fx77
04-14-2012, 11:36
Key forensics about which we currently know nothing
Angle of Trajectory
Powder burns on shooter and vic
Blood back spatter pattern on Zimmerman????

samurairabbi
04-14-2012, 14:22
Angle of Trajectory

... and we won't know until trial; the judge has clamped down on releasing anything!

Guss
04-14-2012, 20:46
Angle of Trajectory
The prosecutor has the autopsy report, but doesn't seem to want to release it.

G29Reload
04-15-2012, 00:01
I can only guess, but if 6'3" skittle muncher was on top of 5'8 neighborhood watch guy and had him on the ground I guess he drew from the waist and jabbed it in his ribs with one shot achieving the desired affect of stopping the threat.

Plus, it could have been a .45 or 10mm? :shocked:

But I am only speculating and label it as such, lest I be confused with all the morons from the kids parents to al sharpton who pretend to know the truth when they know nothing of the kind, not having been there.

I hope this turns out to be not guilty, an acquittal. Alan dershowitz was on the radio today and said the information was pretty shallow and sounded like a media press release and did not include a lot of information we know would clear zimmerman that was already released. It is clearly an overcharge, and the misstatements in it vs what is known will likely bring an acquittal.

The prosecutor is running for office, and her announcement the other day sounded like a campaign speech, something dershowitz and I agree on.

HarleyGuy
04-15-2012, 01:20
Not to be taken as fact, but I seem to remember an autopsy drawing on one of the talk shows and it indicated that Martin was shot from the front, towards the upper left chest area.
Later on, the funeral director, when question about damages to he body indicated that he saw no apparent damages to the hands, knuckles or wrists, but only the bullet wound also in the left chest area.

This will be an interesting case.
Probably be a year or more before it goes to trial unless they can reach a plea agreement.

steveksux
04-15-2012, 01:29
Plus, it could have been a .45 or 10mm? :shocked:

Nope, it was a Kel-tec PF9, so it was a 9mm. The Kel-tec's aren't really designed to handle +P or +P+ 9mm regularly either, they recommend using that "sparingly".

Randy

CDR_Glock
04-15-2012, 01:43
Goes to show you Placement is what counts.

kirgi08
04-15-2012, 03:43
tagged.

COM works.

Cavalry Doc
04-15-2012, 06:52
It would require pure speculation to have an opinion on the number of rounds fired. There are a lot of very crucial details that are not yet known in this whole case.

grmnracing
04-17-2012, 10:32
It would require pure speculation to have an opinion on the number of rounds fired. There are a lot of very crucial details that are not yet known in this whole case.

I don't believe it's speculation. I've read a few sources that stated M was shot with a Single 9mm round out of a Kel-Tec pf9.

I don't remember the sources so google it.

Sent from my iPhone

series1811
04-17-2012, 10:51

Doc44

In this kind of altercation, that would suggest the possibility that there was a struggle going on over the gun, with at least one persons's hand wrapped around the slide and frame and preventing the gun from cycling.

And, it also suggest that the one round fired could have been unintentional, as well.

Lots of unanswered questions in a shooting is what juries are for in the first place. And, this one does have lots of unanswered questions.

aircarver
04-17-2012, 11:00
... Plus, it could have been a .45 or 10mm? :shocked:

We know it wasn't a .45, because half of Florida isn't under water, we know it wasn't a 10mm, because all of Florida isn't under water .....

:outtahere::supergrin:

cowboy1964
04-17-2012, 11:22
I don't think from a legal standpoint it makes a difference whether it was one shot or not or what the reason for only one shot was. It's either a legal shoot or it isn't. If it was an accident he could still be legal trouble, though it probably wouldn't amount to second degree murder.

samurairabbi
04-17-2012, 11:44

Before the presiding judge clamped down on release of evidence, one of the 911 calls was heard that had only one gunshot on the recording.

DOC44
04-17-2012, 12:14
Before the presiding judge clamped down on release of evidence, one of the 911 calls was heard that had only one gunshot on the recording.

agree.... only hear one shot also on 911 call.

But one of the "witnesses" used the word "shots".

This may validate or invalidate the witness.

Doc44

samurairabbi
04-17-2012, 16:35
agree.... only hear one shot also on 911 call.

But one of the "witnesses" used the word "shots".

This may validate or invalidate the witness.

Doc44

Entirely plausible. It is a pity we cannot spar against each other on such judicial issues about this case ... and get $600 an hour for the privilege!