Governor Bobby Jindal [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Governor Bobby Jindal

czsmithGT
04-14-2012, 11:19
Now that the Republican race is over, thoughts will turn to who will be Romney's VP running mate. What do the good folks of Louisiana think about their governor? He seems to have a great resume' but how has he performed as governor? Also, the few times I've seen him speak he hasn't seemed real dynamic like for example Rubio or Christie. How would Jindal do as a campaigner?

aircarver
04-14-2012, 11:28
Were his eligibility questions ever resolved ?

czsmithGT
04-14-2012, 11:39
Were his eligibility questions ever resolved ?

He was born in the USA so he is eligible to hold office of President.

Brucev
04-14-2012, 14:02
It is the squatter in the white house whose eligibility remains at issue.

Hyksos
04-14-2012, 14:53
Rubio.

Guss
04-14-2012, 20:45
Rubio.
Rubio is soft on the immigration problem.

certifiedfunds
04-14-2012, 22:29
Jindal was born in the U.S.

He's an incredibly smart man who I've followed for a long time. He's ethical too.

Bobby lacks charisma. When you see him speak in person, he's incredible. What I mean is he speaks without notes. He has an incredible mental capacity and command of the facts. He does have a strange, fast cadence and can be hard to follow. He's good at uneffing beaurocracies.

But, his communication style isn't inspiring like Rubio's. He isn't pretty like Rubio.

I could easily see Jindal being tagged for a cabinet position, maybe SEC HHS.....that's where his real expertise is. He could be POTUS but he's got to get the "theater" down better.

The speech most people saw after the SOTU address was horrible and an anomaly. It was scripted and it wasn't his words and he suffered for it.

juggy4711
04-15-2012, 00:34
Got nothing against Jindal or Rubio, but VP selection isn't going to be an issue in this election. Only two things are going to matter. 1) Barrack is a democrat progressive 2) Romney is a republican progressive. R vs D no matter the principles involved. They are both irreparably compromised.

kirgi08
04-15-2012, 01:33
Jindal will be a power in the party.'08.

stevelyn
04-15-2012, 02:11
Everything I've seen on Jindal so far I've liked.

Hyksos
04-15-2012, 05:59
Rubio is soft on the immigration problem.

I don't see immigration as a problem. I see disenfranchising the largest and fastest growing minority as a problem. Like it or not, white people like us are gonna be a thing of the past eventually. It's a numbers game, and we aren't reproducing. Hell, if I find me a nice latina down here then i'll be part of the problem too! Producing little half white babies.

If you want any chance of the Republican party surviving, and this nation staying capitalist, then we are gonna have to find a way to get the hispanics to vote for us. Bottom line. Otherwise every year the black and hispanic population will grow and they will vote D, and eventually they'll be no Republicans left.

Just my 2 cents from a gringo en Miami.

maxsnafu
04-15-2012, 06:09
I don't see immigration as a problem. I see disenfranchising the largest and fastest growing minority as a problem. Like it or not, white people like us are gonna be a thing of the past eventually. It's a numbers game, and we aren't reproducing. Hell, if I find me a nice latina down here then i'll be part of the problem too! Producing little half white babies.

If you want any chance of the Republican party surviving, and this nation staying capitalist, then we are gonna have to find a way to get the hispanics to vote for us. Bottom line. Otherwise every year the black and hispanic population will grow and they will vote D, and eventually they'll be no Republicans left.

Just my 2 cents from a gringo en Miami.

You may have come to terms with your eventual dispossession but I don't think most White people have. Nor do most Whites think that the alien invasion cannot be stopped.

I don't think most Whites are going to buy what you're selling.

Hyksos
04-15-2012, 06:21
You may have come to terms with your eventual dispossession but I don't think most White people have. Nor do most Whites think that the alien invasion cannot be stopped.

I don't think most Whites are going to buy what you're selling.

Just because someone's grandfather or father was an invading alien does not negate the fact that their children are natural born citizens and entitled to every right therein contained.

Most whites won't buy what I'm selling because they're ignorant. They stay in their little white bubbles, never learn another language, and blame everyone else for their problems. I'm of course talking mainly about liberals, but when it comes to this topic, Republicans are the ones who make themselves look like fools.

But no, seriously. Let's just keep campaigning on the "f the spics" platform. Don't complain when Blacks and Latinos vote out the Republicans in entirety. You know that the hispanic population is set to overtake the white population by 2050 right? That's within my lifetime. I don't know how old you are, but this is very real for me. If you don't look forward, and think forward, then you're gonna get blindsided. The Republicans have so many similarities with the Latinos. There are so many things the Republicans could easily say and do to get their votes. It wouldn't even be that hard. But, you have got to stop this whole "they took our jobs!" redneck crap.

The Latinos who are voting aren't even illegal anyway. You can't vote if you're here illegally.

We deported over 400,000 people last year. If you don't think that's dealing with the problem, then what else do you want? Government resources are thin, and they target the worst offenders. Violent criminals, traffickers, drug addicts, etc. Sorry they don't have time to go break down abuelita's door when she's ironing sheets, black bag her, and put her on a boat to 'wherever.'

JFrame
04-15-2012, 09:29
I'd like to see Rubio, Jindal, and Allen West all given serious consideration.

I've never seen West in a classical debate format, but the sense I get is that he would be relentless, fearless, and take no prisoners. Rubio has also impressed me as adroit and well-versed, but both he and Jindal strike me as more "polite" politicians. Different styles -- and possibly of equal effectiveness, but I do like West's overt toughness (just my preference).

porschedog
04-15-2012, 09:34
I agree with Jframe, Allen west, Marco Rubio or Bobby Jindal should all be strong contenders, and if not for VP, for cabinet appointments

czsmithGT
04-15-2012, 10:27
I think the VP job itself is a nothing position. Yes you need someone who won't be a doofus if he regrettably has to take over for the president. Also, I don't think you can count on the VP candidate to deliver his state or voters of his ethnicity. I do think the most important attribute for a VP to help the ticket is that he be smart, articulate, enthusiastic, a great campaigner and likeable.

certifiedfunds
04-15-2012, 11:22
La is a solid red state. Florida is a swing state with heavy Hispanic. Rubio before jindal.

RDW
04-15-2012, 13:33
Allen West for the Win!

Guss
04-15-2012, 16:36
Allen West for the Win!
Liberals would love to see Allen West nominated in the same way that they loved seeing Sarah Palin nominated.

Bruce H
04-15-2012, 19:52
Liberals would love to see Allen West nominated in the same way that they loved seeing Sarah Palin nominated.

The big difference is West just might split a few wigs much to the delite of the masses.