Zimmerman case. Questions for the lawyers here [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Zimmerman case. Questions for the lawyers here

Natty
04-15-2012, 07:36
These questions go out to any lawyers, law professionals, or people who have watched Court TV shows here...

Now that the President of the United States of America has made a statement about this case that may show his personal bias and may have racial connotations...

Add to this the evidence of Black groups promoting/inciting a race war and bias statements made by Black leadership spokesmen like Mike Tyson that Zimmerman should be shot...

If this case goes to trial, how hard will it be for a good lawyer to have this case moved to the most non-black county in Florida, and strategically strike the potential jurors enough to get a jury of no blacks?

GWSHARK
04-16-2012, 12:05
Comedy in each and every paragraph!

:rofl:

I'm no lawyer... but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

When did Tyson get voted the Black leadership spokesman??

Bren
04-16-2012, 12:16
Black leadership spokesmen like Mike Tyson?:rofl:

The president represents the whole country, so what he says does not support changing the venue to another county in FL and basing such a decision on where to find an all white jury wouldn't get too far.

However, considering the coverage the case has received and the obvious fear of riots in the county where it happened, if the defendant is acquitted, I'd say a change of venue is possible and should be requested (assuming the people actually there don't know things about the area that I don't).

JBnTX
04-16-2012, 12:20
If this case goes to trial, how hard will it be for a good lawyer to have this case moved to the most non-black county in Florida, and strategically strike the potential jurors enough to get a jury of no blacks?

deleted

Natty
04-17-2012, 07:29
Comedy in each and every paragraph!

You might think its funny but find something not true in this sentence...

"Now that the President of the United States of America has made a statement about this case that may show his personal bias and may have racial connotations..."

I'm no lawyer... but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

[/QUOTE]

You might think that's funny but it is very old and we have all heard it before many times...

When did Tyson get voted the Black leadership spokesman??

Ask the liberal TV show that produced this... They were trying to be serious not comedic...

You cant fix Stupid.

Guss
04-17-2012, 12:36

Not going to happen. What will happen is that during the normal course of voire dire, individual jurors will be asked what they were exposed to and inquiries will be made about their neutrality. I expect that a lot of jurors will be dismissed that way.

I also expect that the defense lawyer will play games with multiple judges. He'll try to get as many motions as he can through this first judge, then take her up on her offer to recuse herself, then move on to a second judge where he will again try to push through as many motions as he can, then if he doesn't like that judge, he'll move for a change of venue where he will be assigned yet another judge.

Flintlocker
04-17-2012, 16:03
Maybe you could get in your time machine, go back a hundred years, convict Martin in absentia, lynch his corpse, and give Zimmerman the key to the city. Now that would be silly. Let's just find an all white jury and get this over with.