The Obama administration is planning a second-term attack on gun rights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Obama administration is planning a second-term attack on gun rights

snerd
04-15-2012, 14:15
Don't assume for a minute that he's seen the light.

Barack Obama spent his entire political career proudly and publicly pushing for the most radical anti-gun positions you can imagine. He endorsed a total ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns. He opposed right-to-carry laws. He voted to ban nearly all commonly used hunting-rifle ammunition.

During the presidential primary debates, Obama even vowed to re-impose the discredited Clinton gun ban, which banned many commonly owned firearms used for hunting and self-defense.

Obama hasn’t had a sudden change of heart; rather, he’s making a purely political calculation by staying quiet on the gun issue until the time is right. In the meantime, he’s gearing up for his second-term assault on the Second Amendment in a number of ways.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/12/12/the-obama-administration-is-planning-a-second-term-attack-on-gun-rights/#ixzz1s8rojxiP

FLIPPER 348
04-15-2012, 14:20
...start hoarding, everybody panic!!!!

BTW- pretty much the same thing was said before the last election and the morons freaked out and bought everything for no reason

Javelin
04-15-2012, 14:24

BTW- pretty much the same thing was said before the last election and the morons freaked out and bought everything for no reason

We know you voted for him Flipper. :rofl:

snerd
04-15-2012, 14:26

Now how did I know it would be "you" who came to his defense first?! :supergrin:

One can only go by the "facts" of past actions when predicting future actions.

Obama loaded his administration with anti-gun zealots bent on destroying our Second Amendment freedoms.

With the help of his secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, Obama made the U.S. an active partner to the U.N. gun-ban treaty. The U.N. will unveil this unmitigated attack on our sovereignty this summer and the Obama administration has vowed to implement it.

Obama appointed two anti-Second Amendment Supreme Court justices and continues to flood our lower courts with dozens of anti-gun, activist judges.

With the help of his attorney general, Eric Holder, Obama led a campaign to demonize law-abiding gun owners, claiming our Second Amendment rights were to blame for drug violence in Mexico. And in fact, emails recently released by the Justice Department prove that operation “Fast and Furious” was a deliberate attempt to build the case for a gun-control agenda.

Obama unilaterally imposed gun registration in four border states — requiring gun dealers to register the sales of any law-abiding citizen who purchases more than one semi-automatic rifle within one week.

Yeah, nothing to worry about there. Complacency, that's where he wants you.

Kingarthurhk
04-15-2012, 14:27
I guess it is a good thing I am not in the market for any more firearms, except maybe another G20 for the wife to have maching handguns. Beyond that, I can't think of anything.

JBnTX
04-15-2012, 14:28
If Obama gets re-elected and Eric Holder is still in office, you'll see a gun grab that will try to take away all guns, not just a ban on future sales.

Obama will try to take the guns you have now, not just the guns you might buy
in the future. He'll probably fail, but he will try.

That's why Obama MUST be defeated!

G29Reload
04-15-2012, 14:30
An obama no longer facing reelection will be a terror generally.

The only hope is what's left of the supreme court and that congress won't be on his side.

FLIPPER 348
04-15-2012, 14:32

........speaks volumes as the whole thread is based on a huge assumption

JBnTX
04-15-2012, 14:38

No! Here's what speaks volumes:

"...start hoarding, everybody panic!!!!"

"BTW- pretty much the same thing was said before the last election and the morons freaked out and bought everything for no reason"

Do you think we're morons because we buy guns before a possible ban?

:steamed:

snerd
04-15-2012, 14:41
educated assumptions. :wavey:

Glock30Eric
04-15-2012, 14:51

The only hope is what's left of the supreme court and that congress won't be on his side.

This is what we should be doing.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

cheapshot
04-15-2012, 15:41
Anyone who thinks that obammy doesn't have plans to attack the second amendment viciously the day after he's re-elected has NOT been paying attention. He's been "stackin the deck" in his favor in the first term. Wait til he has nothin to lose. You'll see his real side. And gun owners are not gona like it.

Snowman92D
04-15-2012, 15:41
This is what we should be doing.

Right...and don't forget to vote for Obama to punish the GOP for not nominating RP. :smoking:

G-19
04-15-2012, 15:46
Right...and don't forget to vote for Obama to punish the GOP for not nominating RP. :smoking:

:rofl:

Bren
04-15-2012, 16:11

That's kind of a "duh." Anybody who can read already knows this.

Anybody who claims they don't is probably lying.

automatic slim
04-15-2012, 18:40

So, there really are people like that out there...
Wow. It's sad to me really.:crying:

EDIT. Let me be clear. People like you that don't think Obama will go after guns......Breaks my Achy Breaky Heart.

Lethaltxn
04-15-2012, 18:57
They already tried once. They just got caught

coastal4974
04-15-2012, 19:10

I’m sure you will find the little Nazi will be a lot more "flexible" after this election :whistling:

Electrikkoolaid
04-15-2012, 19:44
http://i.imgur.com/Vt7jq.jpg

Citizen:

Stop clinging to your guns and religion.

CAcop
04-15-2012, 19:44
If Obama gets another few years with control of both houses with significant majorities he would go for it or at the very least he would let Congress run with it. Letting Congress run with it is more of his M.O.

A bigger factor I think would be surge in crime rates, especially in black or Hispanic areas that bleed into white areas. I think the crack wars of the late 80s early 90s caused a lot of people to think gun control was a way of keeping "those people" from killing "our people." The fact that it came from the left wing of American politics prevented people calling it what it was. It may not happen again since CCW is easier to get these days. People might respond by arming up if there is a crime surge. Even in CA there are some counties that are essentially shall issue.

HarleyGuy
04-15-2012, 21:34
If you don't want to be sitting here on the day after the General Election in November, crying about your fears of another Obama Administration, do something now that will make a difference.

We all, regardless of who what GOP candidate we previously supported will have to accept and support AND vote for the GOP niminee.

If you're not a NRA member join as soon as you can.
Consider giving a NRA membership as a birthday or Christmas gift to your friends and relatives.

juggy4711
04-15-2012, 21:57
When was the last time any Executive administration wasn't willing to enforce new firearm regulations should the congress put such a bill on their desk? At this point why do they even need to try. Is there anyone here that actually believes we would in needed mass even try, much less successfully use our 2A rights to defeat the government from imposing what ever the heck it wants to?

FLIPPER 348
04-15-2012, 22:29
Do you think we're morons because we buy guns before a possible ban?

:steamed:

Yep, quite

All the panic last time and not one, 1, uno new law or restriction on firearm ownership nor any restriction on ammo. Yet the price was driven up on guns and ammo and availability sucked. morons

juggy4711
04-15-2012, 22:47
Yep, quite

All the panic last time and not one, 1, uno new law or restriction on firearm ownership nor any restriction on ammo. Yet the price was driven up on guns and ammo and availability sucked. morons

I wonder why I have the feeling that you will be perfectly willing to be one of the agents that uses firearms to try and take mine away? Or at best punish me for using one to defend myself from criminal and/or government injustice. Moron is polite compared to what I think you are.

winglock
04-15-2012, 23:00

uh huh thats the same thing you said before the Clinton ban isn't it, go on admit, you know it's true.

FLIPPER 348
04-15-2012, 23:24
When was the last time any Executive administration wasn't willing to enforce new firearm regulations should the congress put such a bill on their desk?

The President before him said he would sign an AWB if it came to his desk. He also had some choice comments about so called 'assault rifles'

I know you Obama haters are watching the sky fall. Hell, I went to buy primers today and almost everything is gone ......from a place that has been well stocked since the last moron-run on gun stuff. Hell, a US Representative was shot and a bunch of folks killed my some jackass with a 30 round mag or two for his Glock and there were no new laws passed. And that terrorist shot up a bunch of troops on Ft Hood. Not one new law passed restricting mine, or your, gun rights.

juggy4711
04-16-2012, 00:58
The President before him said he would sign an AWB if it came to his desk. He also had some choice comments about so called 'assault rifles'

That was my point.

I know you Obama haters are watching the sky fall. Hell, I went to buy primers today and almost everything is gone ......from a place that has been well stocked since the last moron-run on gun stuff. Hell, a US Representative was shot and a bunch of folks killed my some jackass with a 30 round mag or two for his Glock and there were no new laws passed. And that terrorist shot up a bunch of troops on Ft Hood. Not one new law passed restricting mine, or your, gun rights.

And again my point. We are not going to use our 2A rights in a fashion that threatens the power of the Government...so why bother to threaten them when we won't use them in the way they were intended?

stevelyn
04-16-2012, 01:21
Only his apologists and diehard supporters will keep lying to us about his intentions.

He's made his intentions perfectly clear.

RCP
04-16-2012, 01:39

Or you could vote for the Republican guy the GOP is pushing who signed a permanent assault weapons ban. It's a win, win!:cheerleader:

71Commander
04-16-2012, 05:07

I wouldn't put it past this regime to report that a couple of Supreme Court justices were involved in fatal automobile accidents.

cowboy1964
04-16-2012, 07:22
I wouldn't put it past this regime to report that a couple of Supreme Court justices were involved in fatal automobile accidents.

As opposed to the regime that got us into a war that killed thousands of Americans under false pretenses? Which actually happened, as opposed to your delusional fantasy.

Norske
04-16-2012, 07:47
Clinton himself said that he had to pull in so much political captial and had to twist so may arms to get the 1994 AWB passed in the first place, that it was one of the major factors that resulted in the Republicans taking over the entire Congress at the 1996 mid-term elections.

That, and the furor over Monika, pretty much neutered the last 6 years of the Clinton Administration.

Thank Goodness.....and a nasty blue dress.
:shocked:

Notice that at the moment, the Anti-gunners are attacking the "stand your ground" laws in the wake of the Martin/Zimmerman shooting.

But I predict they won't get far. Charging Z with Murder2 was a brilliant move. It squelched the furor over Z not being arrested and charged. But in light of the Florida "stand your ground" law, they will have a very difficult time of convicting him of Murder2. They are apparently looking at that as their "wedge" issue to get themselves back on a generally anti-gun political strategy with the dumb masses.

If they were really going after a conviction, they would have hit him with a manslaughter charge, not Murder2.

If Z and his attorneys are smart (and admittedly, Z does not appear to be all that smart or he would not have followed TM to the point where shooting him was necessary) they will go to trial on the Murder2 charge and not plead it down to lesser charges like Manslaughter. Go for a straight aquittal on self-defense grounds.

Even if Obama is able to replace one of the 5 Justices who voted for Heller/McDonald, the SCotUS is extremely loath to overturn previous SCotUS rulings. In this case, H/McD.

But we certainly need to send BarryO packing back to street thug-organizing in Chicago come January, 2013. :steamed:

71Commander
04-16-2012, 08:42
As opposed to the regime that got us into a war that killed thousands of Americans under false pretenses?

Who's delusional?

You need a new batch brownies. Your last batch had catnip in them.

John Rambo
04-16-2012, 09:00
Who's delusional?

You need a new batch brownies. Your last batch had catnip in them.

You don't actually put the catnip in the brownies. You heat the oil then throw the catnip in there. The oil gets nice and hot and leeches all of the chemicals you want out of the brownies. From there, you strain out the catnip and then use the oil thats left behind to make the brownies with.